Match Thread Coventry City vs Northampton Town (Checkatrade) (2 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

Reuben lobs the keeper for a 3-1 lead :)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just reading for 2nd round it remains regionalised but if you top the group you play at home to another 2nd place team.

So last game at Wycombe looks set to be a battle for top spot.

Gint11

Do you only play everyone once in the group then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

Guess so, if we win, we're through to the next round, 32 teams in knockout format.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep 3 games

If it's a draw at end of 90 pen shoot out for a extra point.

Top 2 through

1st Ko round-Top the group home draw/2nd you play away stays regionalised

Then onwards not regionalised and a 'free draw' everyone in

Great_Expectations

I actually quite like this tournament. It was an absolutely ridiculous decision to allow U23 teams to enter, which tarred it a lot, but overall it's a realistic chance to watch us a) do well in a cup and b) play at Wembley.

The away Crewe game a few years ago was one of the most exciting I've been to (just a shame we messed up the first leg), as we were so close to Wembley.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I hope we get a new manager in place asap, whether it's Venus or someone else. The extended break gives a good chance for a new manager to get his thoughts and ideas across to the team.

Why haven't we had any update on how the manager search is going?

Grendel

Said Jones looked just as much a part of a league 1 team as the others did last year. Need to stop acting like we have a shit league 1 squad. We dont

Then clearly we had a shit manager.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sounds like we've followed up our port vale victory with what looks like a convincing victory tonight.

Shame the match at the weekend is cancelled as we seem to be getting a little bit of momentum with 2 wins, 7 goals and a draw from the last 3 games.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just reading for 2nd round it remains regionalised but if you top the group you play at home to another 2nd place team.

So last game at Wycombe looks set to be a battle for top spot.

Big away following I hope to be there as I have booked appointments to be down there for work.

Users who are viewing this thread