Match Thread Coventry City vs Northampton Town (Checkatrade) (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

If the result is a win tonight it does put Venus in a stronger position. I think we can wait a few more days on the manager thing.

Bugsy

Soild win... well done sky blues keep it up ......PUSB

colin101

Really good result tonight. What a difference a week makes in the life of CCFC Up and onward and PUSB

Grendel

If the result is a win tonight it does put Venus in a stronger position. I think we can wait a few more days on the manager thing.

Really? It's a pointless game in a pointless competition.

Nick

Administrator
We controlled the game to be fair, did they make many changes to the 11 or was it their first team?

That stand is awful, couldnt see down the other end.

Chipfat

Sounds like Bigi is playing well, amazing what a short term contract at a level he believe's he is better at can do to a lads performance over a few games.. Needs to keep the standard up and clubs will be back looking for the reasons why a prem club paid a decent fee for him in the past.

ps1948

Really? It's a pointless game in a pointless competition.
Don't really think it's pointless....remember the Crewe game where we were all planning a day out to Wembley (even you??) and the disappointment at the eventual (inevitable) conclusion?

torchomatic

Just got back. Good game with some great goals. Nice to see JJ get off the mark and Reuben's goal was sublime.

stevefloyd

Overall a decent performance, it builds a bit more confidence, Bigi was our best player out there so deserved his MOTM, Ghadzev again flattered to decieve, I think 40 minutes had gone before I remembered he was actually playing...Ah well deserved victory against a poor Northampton side

robbiekeane

Why does everyone rave about a day out to Wembley? It only means something if the competition means something surely? Otherwise it's just another shitty lower league game but a bit further away?

AFCCOVENTRY

Sounds like Bigi is playing well, amazing what a short term contract at a level he believe's he is better at can do to a lads performance over a few games.. Needs to keep the standard up and clubs will be back looking for the reasons why a prem club paid a decent fee for him in the past.

Indeed. However, he will leave for free at the end of this season...

skybluetony176

Enjoyable game. Was a bit flat in parts but we passed the ball well and held onto possession for the most part. Bigi was MOTM (not bad considering he's non league standard apparently) worth going just for Reubens goal. I said I was going to enjoy it and I did. :)

Nick

Administrator
Looking forward to the highlights, hadn't sat down for our first, missed theirs and couldn't see the third properly :(

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Despite the poor attendance I surprisingly really enjoyed the game tonight. Must admit I've grown to quite like the competition (although boycotted the U23 as it's a complete joke), but cheap midweek games, genuine chance of a trophy and trip to Wembley? What's to dislike? Yes it's against teams our history suggests we shouldn't be playing but I enjoy it for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

In regards to the U23 sides everywhere, why don't they just go back to have a reserve league like years ago. The reserve team are for up and coming youngsters mixed with first teamers coming back from injuries etc. I thought that worked fine.

Agree with this. Remember City getting a gate of 12 000 for a reserve game in the 60s. Played in competitive leagues.

Sky Blue Dal

Despite the poor attendance I surprisingly really enjoyed the game tonight. Must admit I've grown to quite like the competition (although boycotted the U23 as it's a complete joke), but cheap midweek games, genuine chance of a trophy and trip to Wembley? What's to dislike? Yes it's against teams our history suggests we shouldn't be playing but I enjoy it for what it is.

For me I rather we prioritise on L1 and try to get out the mess we are in. That is more important than this sub standard competition. Not saying I don't like it or enjoy it but we need to get our league position in check first.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

For me I rather we prioritise on L1 and try to get out the mess we are in. That is more important than this sub standard competition. Not saying I don't like it or enjoy it but we need to get our league position in check first.

That's completely fair enough & I do agree the league is more important. It's just refreshing to be able to stand some chance of winning something and more importantly attend cheap, and generally entertaining football (although Burton in our first ever jpt game is possibly the worst gsme I've ever been to

georgehudson

have to say that GB, with great assistance from CMc completely ran the show,
lovely crisp, first time passing, & pleasing composure that is starting to run throughout the team

Terry Gibson's perm

Indeed. However, he will leave for free at the end of this season...

Makes no difference if they leave for free or a massive fee it never gets invested back.

Couldn't make it tonight as on my drive home from work a lad got knocked off his bike on Cheveral Ave and so was stopping the traffic and getting them to turn round in the absence of the police.

Users who are viewing this thread