Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (3 Viewers)

jay2015

What a signing 4 year deal welcome to the sky blues simms with vik deal done csnt wait for more signings season to start give it few weeks in season we be saying vik who in mark Robins we trust

Finham

Wonder what sort of wages he's on? 20k? Maybe indicates that a Gus new deal is not out of the question?

SkyBlueMatt

Good interview - seems like he’s absolutely got his head screwed on.
I thought that, he comes across well. It sounds like he wants somewhere that will really give him a chance to show what he can do.

He's only 22, played in the PL (& Merseyside Derby) but wants to learn & improve.

Goodison is a cauldron but he won't have heard anything like it when the SBA are chanting his name. The confidence that will bring will elevate him.

I'm buzzing.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Striker Ellis Simms made an impressive transition to Under-21s football in 2019/20 following his prolific campaign for the Blues' Under-18 side the previous season.

The powerful frontman hit eight goals in 15 Premier League 2 appearances for then manager David Unsworth's team, with his development as a potent all-round centre-forward consistently catching the eye.

As well as his undoubted finishing ability, Simms' work-rate and link-up play earned praise from Unsworth and the attacker regularly featured in Everton First-Team training towards the end of the season.

He was named in a senior Everton matchday squad for the first time for the Toffees' Premier League game at Sheffield United in July 2020.

Simms, who had time in the academies at Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers before joining Everton, signed for the Blues aged 16 and and penned his first professional deal in summer 2019 following a staggering personal campaign for Everton Under-18s.

The Oldham-born player struck an incredible 32 goals in 21 league matches and was on target 46 times in all competitions in 2018/19. He top scored for Everton Under-21s in the first half of 2020/21 – netting eight goals in 12 games – before a successful loan with Blackpool for the second half of the campaign.

Simms played 24 matches – starting 19 times – and scored 10 goals for the League One club. He hit a double in a play-off semi-final win at Oxford United but a groin injury prevented Simms from featuring in Blackpool's victory over Lincoln City in the Wembley decider.

The player featured in multiple senior squads from the outset of 2021/22 and his progress was recognised with a new three-year Everton contract, signed in November 2021. A Premier League debut followed the next month when Simms started a 1-1 draw at Chelsea nine days before Christmas.

Simms was loaned to Hearts for the remainder of the season two months later and proved a success with the Edinburgh club.

He contributed seven goals in 21 appearances, including a stunning opener as Hearts saw off city rivals Hibernian 2-1 to reach the Scottish Cup final, in which Simms was on the field for the full 120 minutes of a 2-0 defeat by Rangers.

Simms joined Sunderland on a season-long loan for the start of the 2022/23 campaign and went on to score an impressive seven goals plus two assists in just 17 league appearances.

His fine form saw him recalled to Everton in January where he played an important role in helping the Blues avoid relegation – most notably scoring his first Premier League goal at Stamford Bridge in March to rescue a point in a 2-2 draw with Chelsea.

usskyblue

You’ve got to say that after the crazy lows, highs and then thoroughly depressing end to last season, along with being resigned to losing our talisman striker, who along with Gus and the other guys, dragged our arses into the playoffs and a penalty shootout away from the Premier League..

.. THIS investment is fucking exactly what the team, the club and fans need to give us fresh hope of another successful season. Yes, we need more signings but this is a clear statement that we’re finally not afraid of making an investment in the team and finally backing our fucking superb management team.

It’s not going to be easy, the league is probably going to be harder this season but I’m finally fucking excited to see who else we bring in and am at least hopeful of maybe being serious contenders again.

oscillatewildly

Shrugs GIF
I take it you weren't there, hill? Seriously, the Franz Ferdinand, Sarajevo incident pales into insignificance.

napolimp

You’ve got to say that after the crazy lows, highs and then thoroughly depressing end to last season, along with being resigned to losing our talisman striker, who along with Gus and the other guys, dragged our arses into the playoffs and a penalty shootout away from the Premier League..

.. THIS investment is fucking exactly what the team, the club and fans need to give us fresh hope of another successful season. Yes, we need more signings but this is a clear statement that we’re finally not afraid of making an investment in the team and finally backing our fucking superb management team.

It’s not going to be easy, the league is probably going to be harder this season but I’m finally fucking excited to see who else we bring in and am at least hopeful of maybe being serious contenders again.

Never been so excited for a new season, TBH.

Garlana86

As much as this is an exciting deal, I don't think we can expect too much from Simms, would love him to hit the ground running but he's likely going to need time and patience from the fan base. Gyokeres took time to get to the level he was at and Simms is still very young and hasn't really played an awful lot of regular games. This is why I feel it's important to get someone in like Yates beside him, share some of the high expectations many of our fans will have.

Garlana86

It's all about enjoyment at the end of the day right? Enjoying watching football and the team you support and having some optimism going into the season. The likelihood is that it will be far tougher to get to where we did last season, but as long as the team is incredibly competitive and entertaining, then that's half the battle won in my opinion.

Martin180

As much as this is an exciting deal, I don't think we can expect too much from Simms, would love him to hit the ground running but he's likely going to need time and patience from the fan base. Gyokeres took time to get to the level he was at and Simms is still very young and hasn't really played an awful lot of regular games. This is why I feel it's important to get someone in like Yates beside him, share some of the high expectations many of our fans will have.
Sorry but outside of the premier league he is one of the most sought after young strikers . Wherever he has been he has scored goals .
He may take time to adapt to Robins style of play but we've signed him early enough in the preseason to get him up to scratch
Honestly in my 47 years of following our beloved club this signing is right up there in terms of excitement and signal of intent

shmmeee

4 years as well, big time.

Great signing, plenty of time and potential on his side. Think we need another first team attacker in then sort the defence. Yates would be good but surely we're not dropping £3m+ up front on two strikers?

Martin180

4 years as well, big time.

Great signing, plenty of time and potential on his side. Think we need another first team attacker in then sort the defence. Yates would be good but surely we're not dropping £3m+ up front on two strikers?
Thing is how many potential signings will now look at us and think they mean business.
Kudos to Doug , start with a marquee signing and the club suddenly looks more attractive

shmmeee

Thing is how many potential signings will now look at us and think they mean business.
Kudos to Doug , start with a marquee signing and the club suddenly looks more attractive

Think we need another "big" signing so not all the pressure is on him, just can't see us dropping £4m on Yates now, though I couldn't see us signing Simms either!

shmmeee

I'd like to see us spend on a wingback and a centre back TBH. Get Cameron Archer in on loan to partner Simms. 40 goals between them, who cares if our midfield doesn't score.

Martin180

Think we need another "big" signing so not all the pressure is on him, just can't see us dropping £4m on Yates now, though I couldn't see us signing Simms either!
I think a Morgan Whittaker type and a loanee fills the front line but would love a couple of ,maybe not big signings but, intent signings across the back line sends out a strong message

Happy_Martian

It's still a decent fee for us. More than we've spent in many years.

Considering the journey the club has gone through, it's surprising we've not spent more in transfers. Thinking back, the last £2m+ player we bought was ? Freddie Eastwood was my guess.

And Transfermrkt confirms. Apart from Hamer and Vik, the only players we have bought over £1M since 2000 were Martin Cranie, Elliott Ward and Lee Hughes.

To which we have to applaud our scouting setup and its reintroduction with Pressley's managership.

Happy_Martian

Reading Everton and S'lands forums, they suggest he knows where the penalty box is and his short record in the North East last season shows he can hit the target, I'm more than happy to see him sign. It'll be interesting to see how MR and AV pair Simms up with Godden. Do we go two up top or leave Simms as the sole striker ? If the jokes/rumours about Yates are even half right, where would that put Godden in the squad ?

Vik will always be a legend here but it was obvious he was starting to get frustrated towards the end of the season. I'm sure part of that was that he began to get shut out as defenders learned how to negate his power running but also the agent talk/transfer speculation. Simms will offer us something a bit different and give defenders something else to think about. And if he knows when to drive on or take the easier pass to an open colleague, or when to shoot and where the goalkeeper is when he shoots, that will be something different.

And after the last couple of weeks of negativity on here, looks like the club are starting to lead the way for the fans. Another change as we've always been expected to lift the club. Damn, what a change.

Flying Fokker

Reading Everton and S'lands forums, they suggest he knows where the penalty box is and his short record in the North East last season shows he can hit the target, I'm more than happy to see him sign. It'll be interesting to see how MR and AV pair Simms up with Godden. Do we go two up top or leave Simms as the sole striker ? If the jokes/rumours about Yates are even half right, where would that put Godden in the squad ?

Vik will always be a legend here but it was obvious he was starting to get frustrated towards the end of the season. I'm sure part of that was that he began to get shut out as defenders learned how to negate his power running but also the agent talk/transfer speculation. Simms will offer us something a bit different and give defenders something else to think about. And if he knows when to drive on or take the easier pass to an open colleague, or when to shoot and where the goalkeeper is when he shoots, that will be something different.

And after the last couple of weeks of negativity on here, looks like the club are starting to lead the way for the fans. Another change as we've always been expected to lift the club. Damn, what a change.
Just a thougt? 90% of players get sussed out and one time or another, it’s the ones who learn to adapt that kick on. Gyokeres is capable of doing so although his pricing ground is a bit of a step back. His European games will be something to relish.

Users who are viewing this thread