Fisher on ST Pricing (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

A genuine question, how many of you really thought there was going to be a reduction in season ticket prices, I for one didn't.

I thought maybe 10-15% reduction so when many didn't buy they could counter with the fact prices were reduced.

But then again if I was in charge of the ticketing side I'd have announced the ST prices for next season the day after Wembley, not 72 hours before probable relegation to the 4th tier.

Johnnythespider

No, I didn't either. I think a lot of fans just presumed. I do think Fisher has a point though as we have such limited income streams. However, a small token reduction would have avoided yet another shit storm for CCFC.
I don't think a reduction would have made the slightest difference if I'm honest Torch, people I know who are saying they won't renew are saying that if sisu went or at the least Fisher they would pay more.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

hill83

Can't really argue with anything he has said, but the problem is I just don't trust them.
Under normal circumstances yep, buy your ticket, fund the team. We are too far gone under Sisu for that to be believed. The price is fine, and I wasn't really expecting a reduction, but it's the assumption we'll just bend over and accept it.

KG7

A few things....

1 - I don't think this pricing is particularly unreasonable. £14 per game at it's most expensive is only a bit more than you'd pay to go to the cinema and far less than you'd pay to go to the theatre (for a much more rewarding experience whether we perform or not)
2 - Having said that I do think a slight reduction would have been better PR.
3 - What do we expect? We've spent months telling him no-ones going to renew. The club has to get money from somewhere.
4 - Fisher is right about calling for unity. If we're going to get this club moving again we ALL have to be focussed on causing a positive change.

torchomatic

I don't think a reduction would have made the slightest difference if I'm honest Torch, people I know who are saying they won't renew are saying that if sisu went or at the least Fisher they would pay more.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

True. But Fisher and SISU aren't going anywhere so some sort of reduction wouldn't have caused such a fuss.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The club are now suffering directly as a result of the actions of SISU in losing the Ricoh arena, and are passing on the costs as a result.
Lets face it, if the club had decided, as a few on here have suggested, of going down the Bradford City route of offering £149 season tickets, just how many would we sell for next season , 4-5,000 absolute tops ? The damage has been done by the owners and the public are not interested generally until they go. If Bradford City can shift 17,000 season tickets just what is going wrong here ?

clint van damme

A few things....

1 - I don't think this pricing is particularly unreasonable. £14 per game at it's most expensive is only a bit more than you'd pay to go to the cinema and far less than you'd pay to go to the theatre (for a much more rewarding experience whether we perform or not)
3 - What do we expect? We've spent months telling him no-ones going to renew. The club has to get money from somewhere.
4 - Fisher is right about calling for unity. If we're going to get this club moving again we ALL have to be focussed on causing a positive change.

the thing is the owners don't seem to be engaging with us in bringing about positive change, no wonder people are fucked off.

cov soul

It really is amazing just how much of touch he is ! Whose fault is it SISU fucked up the Ricoh potential purchase ? Whose fault is it we no longer get income revenues because they fucked up the chance to buy the Ricoh ? Oh of course, it is the fans fault. Ridiculous comments by Mr Fisher in my opinion
took the words out of my mouth

KG7

the thing is the owners don't seem to be engaging with us in bringing about positive change, no wonder people are fucked off.

True. But we know what they're like by now. Do we have to get so angry at everything? Taking a step back, how could they have done this better? Had a consultation period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

9 years later and we are no closer to non match day revenues than they day they took us over
THIS

Yes council are greedy and want ccfc dead but sisu have made zero progress so dont keep saying buy tickets to save your club whilst we work in another plan

Speng

I know most are pissed off with the prices and like me we all hate sisu / fisher , but can we all not try and get this club promoted next year , this will only happen if we get as many as poss in the ground , I'm angry at the pricing but this is my club and I will always support them ,
We wouldn't be bottom if 50 % of the Wembley ccfc turnout turned up to every home game all this season .

steve82

A few things....

Completely agree, especially point 3.
Fans told him to his face they will not be returning, the clubs listened and froze the bulk part of pricing. Now people are up in arms about the cost of div 4 season ticket prices.... why would a business cut costs when custom base is predicted to fall.

Reactions: KG7

Grendel

THIS

Yes council are greedy and want ccfc dead but sisu have made zero progress so dont keep saying buy tickets to save your club whilst we work in another plan

You said you'd buy the plan if they were cheaper

Nick

Administrator
Better option would for 5000 to say they will buy here and now if they are 200 and money is waiting.

skybluebeduff

I know most are pissed off with the prices and like me we all hate sisu / fisher , but can we all not try and get this club promoted next year , this will only happen if we get as many as poss in the ground , I'm angry at the pricing but this is my club and I will always support them ,
We wouldn't be bottom if 50 % of the Wembley ccfc turnout turned up to every home game all this season .
Really, so it's the fans fault we're bottom? All those stayaways are to blame?

cov soul

Is your fault Mr Fisher that we have no matchday revenues or non matchday revenue other than ticket sales
You were the lead negotiator and Club Chairman when negotiations took place with ACL/CCC/Higgs etc
You have nobody to blame but yourself !!!
You Mr Fisher let Wasps come in and take away the stadium that was built for CCFC
Look in the f'ing mirror and you will see who is to blame. You and Seppala.
people need to remember ho has got us in this postion. by there very bad overship.

clint van damme

True. But we know what they're like by now. Do we have to get so angry at everything? Taking a step back, how could they have done this better? Had a consultation period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

made a slight reduction for starters. Not reclassified sections of the ground so that prices in those sections increased. I'm sure there's lot's of other stuff, they're supposed to be the business experts.

You talk about unity but what are the owners doing to promote unity?
Fisher couldn't even utter a few words of praise for the support after the Checkatrade final.

covcity4life

Completely agree, especially point 3.
Fans told him to his face they will not be returning, the clubs listened and froze the bulk part of pricing. Now people are up in arms about the cost of div 4 season ticket prices.... why would a business cut costs when custom base is predicted to fall.

Another way of lookijg at it is people told them they will lose fans this summer and they have accepted that and done nothing to try to change that

A shame and cant relations changing anytime soon between owners and fans

clint van damme

not that we haven't heard him say something similar every year he has been here.

Sorry but this lack of income spiel is bollocks. Our income has exceeded clubs in L1 that have exceeded our performance. Its the decisions, plan and leadership that are lacking or poor - sort that out and income will follow.

As I put on another thread 150 adult standard season ticket holders at £299 equates to £44850 coming in with very little associated cost. You have to sell a lot of shirts, pies etc to net that figure

We also do not have the costs that are associated with incomes that will make such a big difference

Do we not get a cut of the shop sales that's non match day isn't it?

Its interesting looking at some of the other football club accounts that actually break down these other incomes. The figures at L1 & L2 are generally not that big. By the time you take out the direct costs and multiply by 60% or 55% in L2 then the amounts that would be available to spend on players from other sources are not as big as he makes out

this comes as no surprise to me and is something I've suspected to be the case. Thanks for putting it down in a coherent post OSB58.

singers_pore

There are so many things the club could do to make STs more attractive.

I have a ST at LA Galaxy and if I cannot make a game I simply resell the ticket on the Stubhub platform. It would be easy to set up something similar for CCFC ST holders especially with the involvement of Ticketmaster. I think a lot of fans are put off buying a ST because they may have to miss several games during the season.

The face value of a ticket for my seat at Galaxy is $25 but I pay on average $16.50 per game with my ST. When I resell a ticket on Stubhub I always get between $20-25 so I actually make a small profit when I resell my ticket instead of going to a game! There's a strong incentive to be a ST holder!!!!

hill83

There are so many things the club could do to make STs more attractive.

I have a ST at LA Galaxy and if I cannot make a game I simply resell the ticket on the Stubhub platform. It would be easy to set up something similar for CCFC ST holders especially with the involvement of Ticketmaster. I think a lot of fans are put off buying a ST because they may have to miss several games during the season.

The face value of a ticket for my seat at Galaxy is $25 but I pay on average $16.50 per game with my ST. When I resell a ticket on Stubhub I always get between $20-25 so I actually make a small profit when I resell my ticket instead of going to a game! There's a strong incentive to be a ST holder!!!!

That's great and everything, but in CCFC world we can't give tickets away for free.

steve82

Another way of lookijg at it is people told them they will lose fans this summer and they have accepted that and done nothing to try to change that

A shame and cant relations changing anytime soon between owners and fans

Yeah your right but while they, sisu are here TM was told they will not come back.
The divide will continue to grow between them and the fans.
How many would actually of backtracked on there stance on a reduction of a £2 a game say on a early bird offer for £250 capped all over. You'd need a rise in sales to counter the initial loss based on current ticket prices.
Yes it looks good for relations but it would hit the returns and they sisu are still here. So it goes against what many have said to his face.
Catch 22 scenario... However the customer is always right I suppose

Monkeyface

No, I didn't either. I think a lot of fans just presumed. I do think Fisher has a point though as we have such limited income streams. However, a small token reduction would have avoided yet another shit storm for CCFC.

Or if they'd scraped the early bird. How many people actually buy after that period anyway? It just seems like a scam to me these days... 'sign up before the transfer window, then we won't get anyone decent in'. The club need to start convincing fans not banking on their loyalty.

covcity4life

Or if they'd scraped the early bird. How many people actually buy after that period anyway? It just seems like a scam to me these days... 'sign up before the transfer window, then we won't get anyone decent in'. The club need to start convincing fans not banking on their loyalty.

Exactly. Nothing to hide tey b4 u buy etc

Users who are viewing this thread