Gyokores (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

And
And the above is another issue, it’s been said Brighton have a percentage in any fee, don’t know if it’s true and if it is how much talk of £15/20million being acceptable today is fine but that could reduce significantly. Brighton are one of the most savvy clubs in the country when it comes to buying and selling players we might be surprised how much percentage they own remember at the time who our owner was and what little budget Robins had to work on.

So we don’t sell him and get nothing? Make it make sense

Grendel

You used to be on about the footballing impact-even up to this month. The ownership aspect concerns finances.

5 more wins to get what should be enough to stay up. Do we get that with whoever’s left following a Gyo sale?

doubt we’d need that even over 15 games teams are averaging below 1 point a game.

slowpoke

So we don’t sell him and get nothing? Make it make sense
We certainly shouldn’t sell him now, what happens in the next window we will see, you have been selling our best players the last window and now want to sell our best player now. Thank god you ain’t running the club.

PVA

We survived with Biamou up front for a half a season, I'm sure we could survive with Godden and Walker for half a season with a 9 point headstart.

NorthernWisdom

If we get £15m to spend I don’t want to see us dropping £3/4m on a player on big wages. We’ve got 10-12 players to sign in the summer and just Sheaf/Hamer/Vik type signings is more than enough to move us on and not break the bank.
Yeah we badly need a stronger squad first, and this would be our chance to get that. Would need 2-3 of higher level signings to replace Gyokeres mind you.

Evo1883

Its a huge step up. There has been players who scored for fun in the Championship and looked barely average in the Premier League.
I'd have agreed a few years ago , but I feel like today players get more protection and defending isnt what it was .. see mitrovic who is having his best premier league season ever ..

I think players like Armstrong struggle as they don't have the physical attributes that a player like vik does

steve cooper

If we win today can you honestly see us going down? Wigan have flat lined Cardiff dropping every week and Huddersfield and Blackpool not a lot better
Birmingham are in freefall as well, lost the last 5 league games. Of those games only Burnley and Middlesboro are currently in top 6.

PVA

Oh when did i say that?

Hang on.

So it's OK to be wrong or to change your mind if your original opinion was from a few months ago.

Yet your entire MO on this forum is dragging up posts people made years ago to try an make them look stupid?

slowpoke

I don’t understand what is basically throwing in the towel regarding this season basically after a poor result and display against Norwich. Granted we are an outside bet but there’s still a sniff of finishing higher up the league put a run of results together which we did before the World Cup break and you never know where we might end up.
That goes for any mid-table club by the way.

Grendel

Hang on.

So it's OK to be wrong or to change your mind if your original opinion was from a few months ago.

Yet your entire MO on this forum is dragging up posts people made years ago to try an make them look stupid?

Again classic binary behaviour and I haven’t actually changed my mind

mmttww

How do people not grasp that he'll be worth so much less in the summer with only one year left on his contract, more time for clubs to find alternatives, and him having zero incentive to sign an extension based on where we are now and are likely to finish (mid / lower mid table)?

If the aim is to maximise sale price, he has to go now. If the club under King accept that they'll get less in the summer and are happy with that trade off for a likely better finish this season which will make new signings and replacements in the summer easier, fine. I'd support that.

SBT

What is the form over the last 10 games of Wigan Blackpool Cardiff Rotherham and Birmingham?
Our form with Gyokeres, when you said selling him would lead to certain relegation: 0.375 PPG (would translate to 7.125 points Rest Of Season)

Wigan last 10 games: 0.6 PPG (10.8 points ROS)
Blackpool last 10 games: 0.4 PPG (7.6 points ROS)
Cardiff last 10: 0.8 PPG (14.4 points ROS)
Rotherham: 0.9 PPG (16.2 points ROS)
Birmingham: 0.8 PPG (14.4 points ROS)

So the final league table of those teams - assuming our form doesn’t deteriorate further once we sell Gyokeres - ends up as:

Rotherham 47
Birmingham 46
Cardiff 43
Coventry 42
Wigan 35
Blackpool 33

Whoops

Greggs

How do people not grasp that he'll be worth so much less in the summer with only one year left on his contract, more time for clubs to find alternatives, and him having zero incentive to sign an extension based on where we are now and are likely to finish (mid / lower mid table)?

If the aim is to maximise sale price, he has to go now. If the club under King accept that they'll get less in the summer and are happy with that trade off for a likely better finish this season which will make new signings and replacements in the summer easier, fine. I'd support that.
The club has helped turn his career around. I'd like to think he'd sign a new deal to help us maximise our return.

Brighton Sky Blue

doubt we’d need that even over 15 games teams are averaging below 1 point a game.
I'd again question where the goals are coming from. The attack would consist of

Walker-completely drained of confidence
Godden-fitness always questionable and you don't rate him
PNE crock
Palmer-you don't rate him
Allen

Where do the goals come from? None of the above come close to doing what Gyo does.

Grendel

Our form with Gyokeres, when you said selling him would lead to certain relegation: 0.375 PPG (would translate to 7.125 points Rest Of Season)

Wigan last 10 games: 0.6 PPG (10.8 points ROS)
Blackpool last 10 games: 0.4 PPG (7.6 points ROS)
Cardiff last 10: 0.8 PPG (14.4 points ROS)
Rotherham: 0.9 PPG (16.2 points ROS)
Birmingham: 0.8 PPG (14.4 points ROS)

So the final league table of those teams - assuming our form doesn’t deteriorate further once we sell Gyokeres - ends up as:

Rotherham 47
Birmingham 46
Cardiff 43
Coventry 42
Wigan 35
Blackpool 33

Whoops

Er we have 35 points now - that is utter nonsense statistics and you know it

Again for the probably 20 the time this is a hypothetical discussion on an offer that’s higher than market value by a club in free fall - so this hypothetical discussion assumes we get more money now as it’s an over inflated value than in a few weeks time

Not only that. Certain other things have changed

Mcfazdean when in the team showed we do not concede goals with him leading the line - we had numerous clean sheets

We’ve signed a defender who cost Burnley £2 million and looks suitable on paper to do an effective job

We’ve signed a forward until the end of the season.

The big change of course was the whole discussion around this was the assumption regardless of value the owners would retain the bulk of the fee. You have to assume if King is true to his word robins will receive a far higher slice of the fee to transact - in fact if in this hypothetical discussion the fee is £4 m higher than the June assumption £3.2 million will land in his lap

I suspect Robins in that scenario - “can you keep us up and then you get any extra £3.2m to spend above the fee we’d get for him” - he’d say yes

In fact if this hypothetical situation occurred I think he’d probably get the Paterson deal over the line which I still think would be ok

JimmyHillsbeard

Yes if the agent can see even bigger £££ for himself in 12 months on a free transfer. If someone offers £20m in the next few days I think Vik will be gone; if they don’t why wouldn’t he just continue to do what he is doing, increase his ‘real’ value and go for nothing in Summer 24?

Virtually no agent would work on such a long-term frame. It’s a massively cutthroat business and Vik could have changed agents twice before he could leave on a free in 18 months. More likely is that an agent would be urging him to move now, or possibly move for a smaller fee (and a larger wage) in the summer.

Grendel

I'd again question where the goals are coming from. The attack would consist of

Walker-completely drained of confidence
Godden-fitness always questionable and you don't rate him
PNE crock
Palmer-you don't rate him
Allen

Where do the goals come from? None of the above come close to doing what Gyo does.

If we win today I reckon 2 more will suffice

SBT

Er we have 35 points now - that is utter nonsense statistics and you know it

Again for the probably 20 the time this is a hypothetical discussion on an offer that’s higher than market value by a club in free fall - so this hypothetical discussion assumes we get more money now as it’s an over inflated value than in a few weeks time

Not only that. Certain other things have changed

Mcfazdean when in the team showed we do not concede goals with him leading the line - we had numerous clean sheets

We’ve signed a defender who cost Burnley £2 million and looks suitable on paper to do an effective job

We’ve signed a forward until the end of the season.

The big change of course was the whole discussion around this was the assumption regardless of value the owners would retain the bulk of the fee. You have to assume if King is true to his word robins will receive a far higher slice of the fee to transact - in fact if in this hypothetical discussion the fee is £4 m higher than the June assumption £3.2 million will land in his lap

I suspect Robins in that scenario - “can you keep us up and then you get any extra £3.2m to spend above the fee we’d get for him” - he’d say yes

In fact if this hypothetical situation occurred I think he’d probably get the Paterson deal over the line which I still think would be ok
I’m just extrapolating based on the periods of form that you yourself said I should be taking into account - at least I’ve shown my working. Meanwhile your justification for a complete 180 on your original position is that we’ve since signed another loan defender and Sean Maguire, and that Doug King is a trustworthy guy. Hmm.

fatso

We survived with Biamou up front for a half a season, I'm sure we could survive with Godden and Walker for half a season with a 9 point headstart.
Mmmmm not so sure.

Seriously though, I'm sure we will try and get him to sign a new contract, if he's not interested, then we have to cash in now.

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

I’m just extrapolating based on the periods of form that you yourself said I should be taking into account - at least I’ve shown my working. Meanwhile your justification for a complete 180 on your original position is that we’ve since signed another loan defender and Sean Maguire, and that Doug King is a trustworthy guy. Hmm.

No your not. You are trying to make some debating point of a ridiculous comparison - we will get more than 42 points

You have also totally ignored the hypothesis around the debate which is it’s more funds available for the summer rebuild

SBT

No your not. You are trying to make some debating point of a ridiculous comparison - we will get more than 42 points

You have also totally ignored the hypothesis around the debate which is it’s more funds available for the summer rebuild
Selling Gyokeres to raise money for a squad rebuild has been my position from the start - you spent several weeks/months calling that idea “totally dumb” and predicting relegation of course, but I’m glad you’ve finally come round to my way of thinking.

Grendel

Selling Gyokeres to raise money for a squad rebuild has been my position from the start - you spent several weeks/months calling that idea “totally dumb” and predicting relegation of course, but I’m glad you’ve finally come round to my way of thinking.

your position from the start included Sisu as owners and the very dumb notion that any of those funds would be used given the fact the club was bleeding money and all support had been withdrawn

SBT

your position from the start included Sisu as owners and the very dumb notion that any of those funds would be used given the fact the club was bleeding money and all support had been withdrawn
‘In Doug We Trust’ it is then! I wish you luck.

Grendel

‘In Doug We Trust’ it is then! I wish you luck.

Yet you believed a hedge fund that admitted it would no longer fund the loss making business would hand the cash over

What next? The tooth fairy really exists?

JonesBob

I was out in Ryton last night and spoke to a friend who is close to the club, and according to him no one has even enquired about Vik. The newspapers are talking about Dyche likes him and is ready to make a bid for him, ffs he hasn't even got the position yet so the papers have got 2 + 2 and come up with 5.

SBT

Yet you believed a hedge fund that admitted it would no longer fund the loss making business would hand the cash over

You routinely suggested selling players as a strategy while SISU were in charge - let’s not pretend you didn’t believe in the same tooth fairy.

Grendel

You routinely suggested selling players as a strategy while SISU were in charge - let’s not pretend you didn’t believe in the same tooth fairy.

Not in the championship - it doesn’t work and it hasn’t

hopesprings

I think you ought to hope the tooth fairy exists given the number of posters you seem to upset enough for them to want to knock your teeth out if they could 🤣😂🤣

mmttww

The club has helped turn his career around. I'd like to think he'd sign a new deal to help us maximise our return.
Respect the wishful thinking but I'd say his output and his pretty much permanent full fitness and commitment every game is enough payback. If I was him, I wouldn't sign a new deal unless it was the same money I knew I could get elsewhere, and we can't match that, so it's not gonna happen. We'd have to smash our wage structure and there's no sign we'll do that either.

Last edited:

SBT

Not in the championship - it doesn’t work and it hasn’t
You castigated Boddy for not selling O’Hare in the summer, and said we would have to sell O’Hare, Hamer AND Gyokeres before their contracts ran out, all of this while SISU were in charge - but when I suggest we should just sell Vik instead, I’m the one in dreamland? I don’t see why you’re trying to retcon this.

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

You castigated Boddy for not selling O’Hare in the summer, and said we would have to sell O’Hare, Hamer AND Gyokeres before their contracts ran out, all of this while SISU were in charge - but when I suggest we should just sell Vik instead, I’m the one in dreamland? I don’t see why you’re trying to retcon this.

o hare sale would have covered losses and prevent administration

Does Santa still exist in your Sisu chocolate box world of reality?

Users who are viewing this thread