Josh Eccles New Contract (3 Viewers)

Grendel

I'm fine and dandy. But each time you go on about someone apparently preferring Biamou to Gyo, I'll remind you that you wanted Jackett over Robins. And have called for Robins' sacking more than once.

It’s touching you’ve found a like minded friend on here. Im made up for you - It’s like an SBT version of Grinder

Grendel

Someone’s definitely in ‘14 pints’ mode this Friday afternoon.

I’m just waiting in 3 years when we well Josh Eccles for £7 million (index related of course)

PVA

I'm fine and dandy. But each time you go on about someone apparently preferring Biamou to Gyo, I'll remind you that you wanted Jackett over Robins. And have called for Robins' sacking more than once.

And the daft thing is I never said I preferred Biamou to Gyokeres, but we have categorical proof of him preferring a bloke currently too shit for League Two to Robins.

slowpoke

Yeah and we managed to sell him. I just can’t see anyone wanting to buy Eccles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don’t want to lose him that’s why we have put him on a longer contract so we don’t lose him for nothing, it’s the business side of football nowadays with freedom of contract and the Bayliss example above illustrates that.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's been excellent since stepping in for Sheaf.

The new contract looks a shrewder move by the game, despite the moans from the usual suspects at the start of this thread.

Most people weren't moaning about giving him a contract, they were moaning about the length of it.

I don't know why you have to twist stuff so much to try and further yourself on some weird moral high ground all the time.

PVA

I don't know why you have to twist stuff so much to try and further yourself on some weird moral high ground all the time.

Animated GIF

Hertsccfc

I can see why we gave him the contract. Looks an excellent prospect, and I know Sick Boy won't agree, but he has more potential than Sheaf in my view. There's much more to his game and he is really intelligent in covering for other players. It's really noticeable how when a defender gets pulled out of position Eccles covers for them. Needs to add a bit of strength as he sometimes gets knocked off the ball too easily.

I am not saying I would play him ahead of Sheaf yet but I do think if he avoids injuries he will become a better player in time. And just for the avoidance of doubt i do rate Sheaf.

Last edited:

rexo87

Most people weren't moaning about giving him a contract, they were moaning about the length of it.

Yeah and there was no reason to moan about the length of it. We have (at worst) a very capable young championship player for 4 years. I really never understood why there was any moaning about the 4 years

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah and there was no reason to moan about the length of it. We have (at worst) a very capable young championship player for 4 years. I really never understood why there was any moaning about the 4 years

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
At worst we have a player that's constantly injured for four years.

I'm not doubting that he can do a decent job when fit, but that's not good if he's injured.

He's played a few games without a problem now so maybe he's managed to get to the root of the problem (maybe just to do with growing?) and hopefully it stays that way and he becomes a big part of the team.

Grendel

And the daft thing is I never said I preferred Biamou to Gyokeres, but we have categorical proof of him preferring a bloke currently too shit for League Two to Robins.

You said you’d offer biamou a new deal and send Gyokeres back

Grendel

He's been excellent since stepping in for Sheaf.

The new contract looks a shrewder move by the game, despite the moans from the usual suspects at the start of this thread.

Bang on the head still ruining those comprehension skills?

rexo87

At worst we have a player that's constantly injured for four years.

I'm not doubting that he can do a decent job when fit, but that's not good if he's injured.

He's played a few games without a problem now so maybe he's managed to get to the root of the problem (maybe just to do with growing?) and hopefully it stays that way and he becomes a big part of the team.
I dont think any of his injuries have been recurring. He's just been very unlucky with various different injuries cropping up

Astute

You said you’d offer biamou a new deal and send Gyokeres back
You had a taxi waiting to pick Robins up for ages so Jackett could take over.

If you had your way we wouldn't have Gyokeres. We would most probably be stuck in the Division below us or worse. Instead we are in with a shout of the playoffs.

Would you still prefer to have Jackett?

Sick Boy

I can see why we gave him the contract. Looks an excellent prospect, and I know Sick Boy won't agree, but he has more potential than Sheaf in my view. There's much more to his game and he is really intelligent in covering for other players. It's really noticeable how when a defender gets pulled out of position Eccles covers for them. Needs to add a bit of strength as he sometimes gets knocked off the ball too easily.

I am not saying I would play him ahead of Sheaf yet but I do think if he avoids injuries he will become a better player in time. And just for the avoidance of doubt i do rate Sheaf.
This sounds like a charity bet in the making!

Grendel

You had a taxi waiting to pick Robins up for ages so Jackett could take over.

If you had your way we wouldn't have Gyokeres. We would most probably be stuck in the Division below us or worse. Instead we are in with a shout of the playoffs.

Would you still prefer to have Jackett?

I’m on the ropes after that attack

I may need to book an appointment is a France ICU - getting my copy of lequipe and a bag of snails beforehand

Astute

I’m on the ropes after that attack

I may need to book an appointment is a France ICU - getting my copy of lequipe and a bag of snails beforehand
Attack?

No. Just showing you how clueless you are.

ProfessorbyGrace

Kenny Jackett would have sold Josh to Shrewsbury for about £20.000. The swine.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think going forwards potentially could throw him in a diamond at DM with Hamer, Sheaf in CM and O’hare or Palmer at CAM and Gyok leading the line

Astute

Stop twisting my words
Did you or did you not keep calling for Robins to be sacked and replaced with Jackett?

We all remember. No need to do your normal and check out posts from years ago and change what was said. And you went on about it for ages.

Just shows how clueless you are.

Users who are viewing this thread