Message to seppala and fisher (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

italiahorse

The facts Grendel has laid out speak for themselves. We're not a well supported club by any measure, there are excuses that may cover post 2007. It doesn't really cover the 30 year trend of generally declining attendances before that.
How do you know we are not a big club?
If we ever started winning something we would find out.
1967 53,000 plus when we won D2
1987 40,000 plus and 250,000 welcome back on winning the FA Cup.
2017 40,000 plus on winning a tin pot club.

italiahorse

Do you have any proof not going helped? Especially as the other day you said they only came back because of Wasps?

How does Wasps being here help CCFC?
How far up Sisu's arse are you ?
Wasps enable CCFC to play in Coventry in a stadium they can't afford.
If Sixfields was full we would still be out there regardless whether Wasps were here or not.

Nick

Administrator
How far up Sisu's arse are you ?
Wasps enable CCFC to play in Coventry in a stadium they can't afford.
If Sixfields was full we would still be out there regardless whether Wasps were here or not.

It's all well and good you keep giving it the "how far up their arse are you" line so that somebody else jumps in and it gets people like gary pendrys eyes all frothed up but it doesn't really work when I am trying to talk in facts rather than things you keep swapping and changing.

Not so long ago you said we only came back because of Wasps, now you are saying we only came back because nobody went.

italiahorse

It's all well and good you keep giving it the "how far up their arse are you" line so that somebody else jumps in and it gets people like gary pendrys eyes all frothed up but it doesn't really work when I am trying to talk in facts rather than things you keep swapping and changing.

Not so long ago you said we only came back because of Wasps, now you are saying we only came back because nobody went.

I said it helped bring the club back by not attending. We came back quicker because Wasps came and Sisu were not prepared to subsidise CCFC in Northampton as their plan was over.
You can have multiple reasons but you keep baling water on your failing reasoning.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
When Bournemouth got up into the Championship their average attendance was 6852 that's the point I was making, that figure is going to be lower than our average getting relegated - success is not just about or dependent on crowd numbers. At any club it has everything to do with the decisions made by owners primarily

Apparently our owners have spent 10's of millions in simply failing on many levels. It is not that we didn't have the money it would seem

Nick

Administrator
I said it helped bring the club back by not attending. We came back quicker because Wasps came and Sisu were not prepared to subsidise CCFC in Northampton as their plan was over.
You can have multiple reasons but you keep baling water on your failing reasoning.

So it's not fact then that you supported CCFC more by not going?

Nick

Administrator
At any club it has everything to do with the decisions made by owners primarily

It would still need loads of money behind it though, even with the best will in the world I doubt "normal" lower league owners could compete when a Saudi Prince or Russian Billionaire decide they want to play.

RegTheDonk

.....Wasps enable CCFC to play in Coventry in a stadium they can't afford.

Let's see how charitable they are in a season or two when the existing ACL rent deal runs out. I'll give them a nod once we've secured a new and fair rental agreement / partnership.

italiahorse

So it's not fact then that you supported CCFC more by not going?
WTF you rattling on about?
You supported the team on the field and were not really interested on the long term effects to the club.
I supported the teams long term interests by not going to Sixfields and only supporting on the field at away matches.
We both supported during this period but only one of us made a sacrifice.

Sky Blue Pete

When Bournemouth got up into the Championship their average attendance was 6852 that's the point I was making, that figure is going to be lower than our average getting relegated - success is not just about or dependent on crowd numbers. At any club it has everything to do with the decisions made by owners primarily

Apparently our owners have spent 10's of millions in simply failing on many levels. It is not that we didn't have the money it would seem
That's my tactic now. You've spent so much and failed miserable move along please

Grendel

CCFC's demographic would be the fans who already go. Do you mean Cov & Warwickshire's demographic? If so, why is it any better than Hull or anywhere else?

I know it's embarrassing. The debate was entering a more intelligent realm of discussion until the school day ended

Moff

It's a key point on this thread explaining one of the biggest reasons we can't compete with the likes of Sheffield United.
Grendel likes your post so you might want to review it ?

I have no control over who likes my posts, but its pretty small minded if that is an issue for you, frankly who cares?

Northampton is in the past, you keep harping back to it, yet when people talk about Wasps purchase of the freehold you tell everyone not to look back but to look forward. Seems a little hypocritical if you ask me.

We are where we are I prefer to look forward than back, but if you want to point the finger of blame don't be surprised if others do the same, but for differing reasons.

Grendel

How do you know we are not a big club?
If we ever started winning something we would find out.
1967 53,000 plus when we won D2
1987 40,000 plus and 250,000 welcome back on winning the FA Cup.
2017 40,000 plus on winning a tin pot club.

The 4 seasons at Highfield road post 87 suggest our real fan base on a weekly bases is less than other clubs of our size. There is also a clear indication of the impacts on average attendances success and failure bring.

italiahorse

The 4 seasons at Highfield road post 87 suggest our real fan base on a weekly bases is less than other clubs of our size. There is also a clear indication of the impacts on average attendances success and failure bring.
I repeat
If we actually started winning something we would see what our actual support is.
You can't say what our potential support is based on the downward spiral we are in.

Grendel

I repeat
If we actually started winning something we would see what our actual support is.
You can't say what our potential support is based on the downward spiral we are in.

We did then win something and saw a rise initially in attendances. This quickly flattened out in a five year period.
It's unlikely we would win a trophy of significance every five years.
I would argue 4 consecutive top 10 finishes in the top league shows a better barometer trend than a Wembley cup game personally.

skybluetony176

CCFC's demographic would be the fans who already go. Do you mean Cov & Warwickshire's demographic? If so, why is it any better than Hull or anywhere else?

Demographic could be the fans who already go, who no longer go, have never felt the urge to go or more importantly are yet likely to be encouraged to go and become new CCFC fans. CCFC's demographics have to and should fall in Coventry and Warwickshire with Nuneaton, Bedworth, Warwick, Leamington and even Rugby before you include places like Southam, Bulkington, Atherstone and the numerous villages in beween. Coventry and Warwickshire is a tight, densely packed area with 1 professional football club. I'm not saying it's better than anywhere else but i am saying that the potential should be better than Hull's with the right application to obtaining it. Something we're not seeing now.

italiahorse

Really? You're priceless! You just carry on picking and choosing which hedge fund backed relocations to rail against and which ones to get into bed with, and keep burYing your head in the sand about the hypocrisy of it.
Then answer the question if you can.
What have Wasps done to harm CCFC.

italiahorse

Most ironic post of ALL time.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put some reasons then ?
When people write down their reasoning it shows a real lack of understanding of the situation.
Usually borders on 'We can't afford it so nobody should have it'

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

Herein lies the Coventry City fickle fan cycle.

Fans who say they won't attend matches if current owners in charge.

New owners appear.

Then blame continued lack of success on the pitch for not going.

New manager appears.

Then blame new owners for not investing.

And on and on and on....

skybluetony176

We did then win something and saw a rise initially in attendances. This quickly flattened out in a five year period.
It's unlikely we would win a trophy of significance every five years.
I would argue 4 consecutive top 10 finishes in the top league shows a better barometer trend than a Wembley cup game personally.

And then rose to be higher than they were before and immediately after we won something. In fact I think our final 5 seasons in the top flight were our best averages for decades wasn't they? We must have had hope or something at that time.

clint van damme

Then answer the question if you can.
What have Wasps done to harm CCFC.

Fucked over our chances of owning the Ricoh by moving here.
May never have had a chance of happening under sisu but it now won't be able to happen under future owners making us less of an attractive proposition to potential buyers. (cue new owners can work with wasps response, but you don't get it, they're as morally corrupt as sisu, just better at business).
Fucked us over on the academy.
Jumped into bed with the council and their ridiculous city of rugby idea, which again, suggests to me that this fanciful notion that the council will work with any new owners towards the betterment of CCFC is nonsense.

They also tore a rugby club from it's home but you're OK with that and have no empathy with their support but moan that the same thing happened to your football club.

italiahorse

Please Italia please write a detail post on how WASPS have not harmed CCFC.

I'd love to read your reasoning.

They enable us to play in a ground we can't afford to buy.
They enable us to play in Coventry.
The facilities at the Ricoh, thanks to their investment, are second to none and enhance the match day experience. Post and pre match.
What more do you want?

clint van damme

They enable us to play in a ground we can't afford to buy.
They enable us to play in Coventry.
The facilities at the Ricoh, thanks to their investment, are second to none and enhance the match day experience. Post and pre match.
What more do you want?

the article in your beloved CET would suggest that's not everyone's perception.

fernandopartridge

Demographic could be the fans who already go, who no longer go, have never felt the urge to go or more importantly are yet likely to be encouraged to go and become new CCFC fans. CCFC's demographics have to and should fall in Coventry and Warwickshire with Nuneaton, Bedworth, Warwick, Leamington and even Rugby before you include places like Southam, Bulkington, Atherstone and the numerous villages in beween. Coventry and Warwickshire is a tight, densely packed area with 1 professional football club. I'm not saying it's better than anywhere else but i am saying that the potential should be better than Hull's with the right application to obtaining it. Something we're not seeing now.

Yeah, I can see what you're saying but then again I think the surrounding area is full of decent sized teams, within 25 miles of the Ricoh as the crow flies you've got: Blues, Villa, Leicester and WBA.

Whereas Hull have got Scunthorpe and Grimsby, the nearest top 2 division team being Barnsley which is 47 miles away.

skybluedan

The only difference between shef utd who will be promoted to the championship and ourselves is they have owners who are willing to invest and have a vision of improvement for their club.

Time to go SISU pay peanuts you get monkeys and the results to show.

Hope sisu are proud of what theyve done to a proud club and 100 years of history

Bet you wish you hadn't bothered now

Astute

I know it's embarrassing. The debate was entering a more intelligent realm of discussion until the school day ended
Was that when you said that we hadn't had average crowds over 23,000 for 39 years when you hid the fact that we would have had to sell out both home and away seats at HR for most of that time?

italiahorse

Fucked over our chances of owning the Ricoh by moving here.
May never have had a chance of happening under sisu but it now won't be able to happen under future owners making us less of an attractive proposition to potential buyers. (cue new owners can work with wasps response, but you don't get it, they're as morally corrupt as sisu, just better at business).
Fucked us over on the academy.
Jumped into bed with the council and their ridiculous city of rugby idea, which again, suggests to me that this fanciful notion that the council will work with any new owners towards the betterment of CCFC is nonsense.

They also tore a rugby club from it's home but you're OK with that and have no empathy with their support but moan that the same thing happened to your football club.
So your plan would be to stay out in Northampton and wait for Sisu to go ?
Sisu would be waiting in Northampton for CCFC to hit the top of the cycle and sell?
I can see a problem already !! But let's carry on ....
At that point CCC would sell the stadium to the buyer of the club and both would be reunited?
No, Sisu sell the club for what's it worth and we can get a long term deal at the Ricoh, personalise some areas as our own and get on with the football.

The academy is compromised with the new swimming pool.

The rest 'morally corrupt' 'CCC BIAS' is just ranting and not worth response.

clint van damme

So your plan would be to stay out in Northampton and wait for Sisu to go ?
Sisu would be waiting in Northampton for CCFC to hit the top of the cycle and sell?
I can see a problem already !! But let's carry on ....
At that point CCC would sell the stadium to the buyer of the club and both would be reunited?
No, Sisu sell the club for what's it worth and we can get a long term deal at the Ricoh, personalise some areas as our own and get on with the football.

I didn't agree with the sixfield move which is why I never went, but the harm they've done by moving here will reverberate after sisu has gone.
Knew you'd suggest new owners cosying up to wasps once more hi-lighting your hypocrisy which to be fair you haven't tried to deny.
I don't think even you have the brass neck for that.

Users who are viewing this thread