Next Sisu Out Protest? (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
No, I mean when he call people idiots or morons, you know he has form.

That's slightly different for being mocked for something from cancer (which I didn't know about with nigel so I will politely ask people not to to cut it out).

Brylowes

Agree, hearing a couple of blokes get so worked up when they didn't actually know what they were talking about.

One was getting so angry, you could see him thinking of things to say that sisu have done wrong so he.could list them. His mates were then bouncing off that to say things as well.

People want to believe anything they hear if it makes sisu look bad, look at the juggy rumour which I also heard people repeating.

The biggest issue here is how misinformed people seem to be. It isn't about opinion, it's when people reeling out random stuff as fact to anybody that will listen.

Getting people against sisu (or poking the time) was done by people at acl (that's a fact, not opinion). Getting the trust onside, starting rumours etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody is helping the rumours along...

The biggest issue is people knowing what has happened and what hasnt, some seem to have no idea about what's going on other than what they read in the telegraph...
But Nick every single person will have an opinion, some informed and educated and some will just
Skirt the headlines and follow the popular line, you obviously know this so why does it get you
Worked up so much. Of course people proportion more blame toward SISU, I think most would
agree their actions have got us into the mess we now find ourselves in. But you always seem to
Suggest that if people haven't studied the accounts, read the court files, and basically scrutinised
Everything the club and other involved parties have done, they shouldn't have an opinion.
That's never going to happen, so don't let it bother you.

It's the same as people having opinions on the running of the Country after reading the Mail, Sun etc

Nick

Administrator
But Nick every single person will have an opinion, some informed and educated and some will just
Skirt the headlines and follow the popular line, you obviously know this so why does it get you
Worked up so much. Of course people proportion more blame toward SISU, I think most would
agree their actions have got us into the mess we now find ourselves in. But you always seem to
Suggest that if people haven't studied the accounts, read the court files, and basically scrutinised
Everything the club and other involved parties have done, they shouldn't have an opinion.
That's never going to happen, so don't let it bother you.

It's the same as people having opinions on the running of the Country after reading the Mail, Sun etc

There are having opinions like "I think so and so played well" and there is making statements. Telling everybody around you things as if they are fact isn't an opinion, and as people are shouting loud about it you would think they would have half a clue what they are on about.

It's dangerous.

As soon as people do question them or correct them, they just say "you must be happy with SISU then". They don't want to actually know.

Brylowes

There are having opinions like "I think so and so played well" and there is making statements. Telling everybody around you things as if they are fact isn't an opinion, and as people are shouting loud about it you would think they would have half a clue what they are on about.

It's dangerous.

As soon as people do question them or correct them, they just say "you must be happy with SISU then". They don't want to actually know.
I'm not talking about on th pitch, I'm talking about off it , we are a club with more than
Our fair share of issues, everyone and I mean everyone will have an opinion.
I've tried to keep my lad away from the politics at the club, and we live a fair distance
From Cov but with "social media and all" I'm wasting my time, he's 15 now and has
An opinion like everyone else.
It would be very naive to expect only the informed and educated to have a voice and
An opinion, I find it a bit strange that you think that should or could be the case.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not talking about on th pitch, I'm talking about off it , we are a club with more than
Our fair share of issues, everyone and I mean everyone will have an opinion.
I've tried to keep my lad away from the politics at the club, and we live a fair distance
From Cov but with "social media and all" I'm wasting my time, he's 15 now and has
An opinion like everyone else.
It would be very naive to expect only the informed and educated to have a voice and
An opinion, I find it a bit strange that you think that should or could be the case.

My issue is how misinformed people are and how they are usually the ones who shout the loudest. It doesn't help things, it just makes things worse doesn't it?

It isn't just opinion, a lot of it is clearly made up or so far wide of the mark. Have a look at Juggy and his rumours as a good example. Even when things are there in black and white to disprove them they won't accept it, that isn't opinion. Opinions are open to discussion, rather than "so you are happy with sisu then". It is just people finding things to get angry at sisu and the club about.

As long as it gets some anger against the club, nobody is bothered whether it is true or false.

ajsccfc

A lot of people here say some silly and mean things but I don't believe for a second that anyone here would knowingly mock something cancer-related.

Nick

Administrator
A lot of people here say some silly and mean things but I don't believe for a second that anyone here would knowingly mock something cancer-related.

I'd also like to think they wouldn't. It is one thing having a laugh and a joke about somebody's haircut but there is that line. It is the same with mocking children etc etc.

Brylowes

My issue is how misinformed people are and how they are usually the ones who shout the loudest. It doesn't help things, it just makes things worse doesn't it?

It isn't just opinion, a lot of it is clearly made up or so far wide of the mark. Have a look at Juggy and his rumours as a good example. Even when things are there in black and white to disprove them they won't accept it, that isn't opinion. Opinions are open to discussion, rather than "so you are happy with sisu then". It is just people finding things to get angry at sisu and the club about.

As long as it gets some anger against the club, nobody is bothered whether it is true or false.
But the same thing happened with the referendum, and as a result arguably set the Country
On a course we will all regret, in the name of democracy.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether that's a good thing is sometimes a different
Matter.

Nick

Administrator
But the same thing happened with the referendum, and as a result arguably set the Country
On a course we will all regret, in the name of democracy.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether that's a good thing is sometimes a different
Matter.
Yes, but can't you see the difference between somebody having an opinion and somebody making things up or making incorrect statements?

When somebody says "So and so has done this", it isn't an opinion. Especially if when get asked why and they have no idea at all, they are just passing things on they have heard.

Brylowes

Ye
Yes, but can't you see the difference between somebody having an opinion and somebody making things up or making incorrect statements?

When somebody says "So and so has done this", it isn't an opinion. Especially if when get asked why and they have no idea at all, they are just passing things on they have heard.
yes and that's the way it is , that's how it works, what percentage of fans actually have
A considered opinion, I would say it's quite high on here but what about in general?

Nick

Administrator
Ye

yes and that's the way it is , that's how it works, what percentage of fans actually have
A considered opinion, I would say it's quite high on here but what about in general?

So there is a massive issue with people not being informed, why is that?

I'm not saying people have to be fully qualified laywers or accountants, just actually have a bit of an idea about something they want to protest or shout about so loudly.

Brylowes

I would hope not, I'm currently lying in a bed on ward 34 of UHCW being pumped full of chemo and can guarantee you it's the worst experience of my life, it really is no laughing matter
Really sorry to hear that mate, puts things into perspective, wishing you all the best

ajsccfc

I would hope not, I'm currently lying in a bed on ward 34 of UHCW being pumped full of chemo and can guarantee you it's the worst experience of my life, it really is no laughing matter
It really doesn't sound like a walk in the park from what little I've heard of it, all the best with it.

skyblueinBaku

I've spent quite some time this year taking my next door neighbour to hospital for her chemo. She certainly didn't enjoy the chemo, but it worked and she is right as rain now. Keep your chin up, John.

ajsccfc

The one person I know to have gone through it also made a 100% recovery too, if that helps at all.

Red John

Can you make do with a draw, John? ;)
Looks like I haven't got much choice! Still got faith in big Tony to sign the right players to give us a chance of being up there at the end of the season but as with everyone else was hoping we would be ready to hit the ground running this season....but on the bright side were not losing games so that's a positive! Also on the bright side there are some hot nurses milling about so plenty to occupy my mind!!

skyblueinBaku

Also on the bright side there are some hot nurses milling about so plenty to occupy my mind!!

Good job you aren't in hospital for a circumcision, then! ;)

letsallsingtogether

That's slightly different for being mocked for something from cancer (which I didn't know about with nigel so I will politely ask people not to to cut it out).
Nick I mentioned this before on a simular radio thread some did apologize so it not something new.
I know he can be a pain we have had a few spats in our time, but he really does mean well.
He used to be on the new ground group with SG realised all he was told and believed was bullshit.
So now dislikes our owners.

Nick

Administrator
Nick I mentioned this before on a simular radio thread some did apologize so it not something new.
I know he can be a pain we have had a few spats in our time, but he really does mean well.
He used to be on the new ground group with SG realised all he was told and believed was bullshit.
So now dislikes our owners.

I never knew that in all honestly but it is on board now.

It isn't about meaning well or being a pain though, I get that deep down everybody means well. It is just that rinsing and repeating rubbish doesn't help.

letsallsingtogether

And should we not make life difficult for them too??
Yes We should but how?
People will say write letters of disgust etc well that has been tried with our owners never worked.
Then you get the posters opposed to it looking at the spelling and the wording and turning everything around.
We need ideas need people on board no good the same 6 people doing it and looking like damp squids.
I have been on every March and demonstation against Sisu,Wasps,council and all we got was ridiculed for times days of the week, weekend sorry but there is no fight out there for our club and it is dying slowly and quietly.
Everypne will band together when it is too late.
Shame as all the parties involved know this so will carry on doing what they do with no comebacks.

Nick

Administrator
Yes We should but how?
People will say write letters of disgust etc well that has been tried with our owners never worked.
Then you get the posters opposed to it looking at the spelling and the wording and turning everything around.
We need ideas need people on board no good the same 6 people doing it and looking like damp squids.
I have been on every March and demonstation against Sisu,Wasps,council and all we got was ridiculed for times days of the week, weekend sorry but there is no fight out there for our club and it is dying slowly and quietly.
Shame as all the parties involved know this so will carry on doing what they do with no comebacks.

the thing is, surely different things will be more effective against different people?

For example Wasps would shit themselves at a protest outside one of their games, whereas SISU probably aren't bothered.

skyblueinBaku

the thing is, surely different things will be more effective against different people?

For example Wasps would shit themselves at a protest outside one of their games, whereas SISU probably aren't bothered.

Sisu certainly wouldn't be bothered about a protest outside the ground. The only thing that would upset them is bad publicity in the financial press.

Ian1779

Yes We should but how?

And this is exactly why the Trust would benefit from an unequivocal position on Wasps. Then everyone knows what they are signing up for.

It would unite the fans in a big way - then you can start co-ordinating from there.

bawtryneal

Good luck my friend. As Brylowes says, "puts all the other bollox into perspective"
Hopefully you will be back up the Ricoh soon with us vying for a top spot
Chin up, as Jose once said and all the best in your recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread