Match Thread Oxford Utd v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 19th Nov (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Thought MVs post match comments were (if honest) worrying. Along the lines of -we are where we ought to be, players too young etc. Fine calling it as you see it, but unless he is trying to get SISU to free up some funds by pointing out how weak we are, it can't be instilling much confidence in the players. I think any team we put out including Wright, Lameiras and Vlad at the moment is asking fro trouble (too weak) and combined with the inconsistency of a several others is a recipe for failure. January - lose the 2 forward loanees, then invest in a permanent centre back, permanent central midfielder (to replace McCann) and find ourselves a striker to complement Sordell.

There are young players but mainly because the experienced signings have flopped.

We spent on renewing tudgay and ricketts which was money down the drain. McCann hasn't worked out. We signed Reid and Gadhev who look underwhelming. We signed Bigi as he lives here with no thought to the players needed around him.

It's been shambolic.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fuck off you prick. Sisu are to blame for running this club in to the ground

1) Grow up. 'Fuck off you prick' was totally unwarranted and it's pretty embarrassing.

2) Mowbray was responsible for signing half of the dross that was on the pitch today. The squad is no near good enough, and whilst there is an argument that the budget comes into it, that argument is squashed quite quickly when you look at players and their situations such as Martin, O'Brien, Oujala etc.

CJ_covblaze

We were terrible. They didn't even have to try and didn't ever look they were out of first gear. It was like the Norwich game but with slightly less flair from the opposition. Burge was ok and didn't deserve the drumming but the rest of our players were less than useless. What a joke of a performance.

johnwillomagic

The trouble is our midfield is so weak centrally we have to play 3 in there and that leaves us powder puff up top.
I think though our squad at present lends itself to 4-4-2......I think more senior players have to play more and also bear responsibility.
I would play 4-4-2 and would play Sordell and Tudguy up top, they have never really had the chance to play together as a front two. I know Tudguy is hated by many but he did well last year and I think could form a good partnership with Sordell. I would consider playing Stevenson out wide where he would get more space and could driv further forward.

Team for Bolton I would play.

Burge GK
Sterry RB
Haynes LB
Willis CB
Turnbull CB
Stevenson RW
Rose CM
BIgi CM
Reid LW
Tudguy ST
Sordell ST

Doubt we will see this but would love to see us line up like this at Bolton.

Gint11

My first game of the season today. Left once the 4th goal went in. I couldn't believe what I witnessed first half.

Half hearted, slow, tippy tappy, players jogging, not jumping for headers. Awful passing, looked scared. You get times when the home team start quick and you get shell shocked but then your leader organises and adapts. We don't have one. I'm done with the club until SISU go or we get a proper manager with investment.

Not one player was able to do the basics today. It was laughable and the only reason i didn't laugh was because I care. Maguire is decent at this level but Oxford are a very average team, it's just we were beyond awful. It was literally like 11 blokes off the street given a shirt. £22 for that? No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Yep, as much as there is a stench around the place, the main blame for poor recruitment is Mowbray and Venus.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Funny we have heard that same excuse about our last 6 managers poor recuitment.
Yes the wankers are selling anyone worth a couple of quid and bringing in dross.
What will change when we get a new manager after all we kept hearing in Mowbray we trust.

Really can't see anyone who can save us to be honest we are fucked.

Grendel

Funny we have heard that same excuse about our last 6 managers poor recuitment.
Yes the wankers are selling anyone worth a couple of quid and bringing in dross.
What will change when we get a new manager after all we kept hearing in Mowbray we trust.

Really can't see anyone who can save us to be honest we are fucked.

Mowbray kept Ricketts and Tudgay. Rank bad decisions. I'm told by some experts on here we have a premier league midfielder who is far far better than what we had last season.

It's pretty much accepted as a fact we had more to spend when the window closed.

The management team have let us down this season.

colin101

Mowbray kept Ricketts and Tudgay. Rank bad decisions. I'm told by some experts on here we have a premier league midfielder who is far far better than what we had last season.

It's pretty much accepted as a fact we had more to spend when the window closed.

The management team have let us down this season.
Bloody hell I almost agree with you !!!

oucho

The dog at half time showed more desire and enthusiasm than our team whixh pretty much sums up our day.

Captain Dart

Rose, McCann & Stokes would be in team if fit and would make it 100% better.

The squad is too thin, has too few players in 25-32 age range where most players reach their peak effectiveness and if you lose most of those guys, well you lose games.

Simples.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The trouble is our midfield is so weak centrally we have to play 3 in there and that leaves us powder puff up top.
I think though our squad at present lends itself to 4-4-2......I think more senior players have to play more and also bear responsibility.
I would play 4-4-2 and would play Sordell and Tudguy up top, they have never really had the chance to play together as a front two. I know Tudguy is hated by many but he did well last year and I think could form a good partnership with Sordell. I would consider playing Stevenson out wide where he would get more space and could driv further forward.

Team for Bolton I would play.

Burge GK
Sterry RB
Haynes LB
Willis CB
Turnbull CB
Stevenson RW
Rose CM
BIgi CM
Reid LW
Tudguy ST
Sordell ST

Doubt we will see this but would love to see us line up like this at Bolton.
Tudgay in the first 11 and Stevenson on the right wing.

U serious bro?

stupot07

Tudgay in the first 11 and Stevenson on the right wing.

U serious bro?
Stevenson right wing is possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

I usually agree with the majority of jwm posts but that suggestion is completely bonkers.

Grendel

Stevenson right wing is possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

I usually agree with the majority of jwm posts but that suggestion is completely bonkers.

I think Paxman has hacked his account.

eastwoodsdustman

The midfield was overrun today 4 vs 3 with one of their strikers dropping in to make it 5 vs 3. They pressed us and gave us no time then passed around us. Felt sorry for Bigi as he was chasing 3 players at some points. No wonder he had a poor game. When we went to 352 we looked a lot better for a period and they couldnt get near us. I'll put it down to one of those days today so not worried at the minute. If its the same over the next couple of games then I might start to worry.
Dog was the only thing that made me smile today.

johnwillomagic

Was expecting stick for Tudguy but think he could do well up top with Sordell.
Stevenson Ok guilty of trying to fit him into 4-4-2 just think he is a little too lightweight to be in a central two?
If going to get him in my team though suppose would move him in with Bigi and move Rose out right.
I just think Rose is more imposing in the centre than Bigi or Stevenson a real physical presence in central midfield is what we most badly lack imo.

Gint11

We had Bigi, Stevenson and Ghad all pretty central today and we were overan in midfield all game. What does that tell you.

Hadji10

I think a hammering has been coming really. The midfield is hopelessly weak and teams are going to eventually decide to prevent space.

The players all, with the exception of Stevenson, cannot move the ball forward at all. It's short square or diagonal passing. There is no support for the defence at all. I'm amazed we've not had this much until now.

We've got big problems. Few of these players are up to standard. We have one goal scorer. The two wide players are not consistent at all. We have a powder puff midfield that has no energy or drive. The back lines ok but the team is always vulnerable if put under pressure.

The games coming up are difficult. What's more difficult to see is where the options are in the squad,

Venus needs to step aside. Not the answer.

Best post I've seen on here for a long time.

Hadji10

Turnbull and Willis' defending for that second goal is as bad as you will see at a professional level, utterly disgusting.

Hadji10

Oh and Gael Bigirimana is the most overrated player to ever play for this football club, but he slaps the club badge after a win. Honestly the guy is fucking hopeless.

oucho

I do not want to appear too dramatic but i cannot remember a game we've been thrashed so badly by an opponent so close to our own league position. We lost 5-1 at phone to both Walsall and Tranmere in League One but this was bad. Probably less justifiable than the Oldham 4-1.

Gazolba

We're not the same team without Rose. He was missed today.

Gint11

They had more players in midfield than us?

On paper yes. In reality no. They played 4-4-2. 2 of their 4 in midfield were wide players leaving 2 in the middle with a striker dropping back every so often. We had 3 in that area the whole time and still got over ran. Fucking useless.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
My boy's first ever away game (and after his u8 team had got stuffed in the morning). I'm not sure what he was more shocked about; the performance or the amount of f and c words being screamed about. Thank god for the half time entertainment of that army dog (an actual dog for those not present...)!

Actually my lad summed it up quite well when he said on the way home; 'the players didn't fight til the game is won, did they?'. No they didn't my boy, no they didn't.

robbiekeane

Unless we get new owners get used to it.
No investement, poor quality signing and team
Sisu out
Some people are simply too stupid to have a discussion with.

It's easy to justify everything with a single entity to blame everything on I guess...stops your head from hurting.

Mowbray fucked up the recruitment this season.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thanks as usual for the commentary today much appreciated even if the score wasn't.

No.
Thank you sir. :)

Sorry for delayed 'thanks'. Not being rude :) Ran out of data not long after full time. How lucky. Or unlucky as people on here may not have had to endure the disappointment we attendees did if I wasn't able to post :)

Very unimpressed today. Not just by conceding four. But everything that came with it.

Haven't heard Venus post match yet but I hear he berated the players and refused to acknowledge that Burge kept the score down?

If so, I agree with berating the team to an extend, as long as it wasn't on par with Thorn (when Bigi was sent off v Southampton?) or Pressleys gladiator act. Each and every one were not upto any professional standard today, especially the defending, and that's from the front to the back. But maybe he should have praised Burge a little bit!

I'm not his biggest fan, and he did concede four, but no thanks to what's he had in front of him,and he kept the score at four; I can count Atleast another three times he was put under pressure and pulled ofdmdecent saves.

As for how we set up; how did we set up exactly? Looked nothing like what we have played before, or perhaps that's just me having blinkers on since we played it so badly?

I'd have liked Venus to have changed personnel in the first half. Don't worry if it affects the players confidence; some were just downright shite. Ruben, I get bored sticking Up for him at times, but how on earth does he start?

Vlad again was disappointing.

Turnball again; what does he offer us apart from making us vulnerable at the back? Even Willis today was out of sorts. Perhaps he's getting sick of covering up for others mistakes? Something's definitely not right st the bacK.

Starry I will give credit to. Thought he did OK, in comparison to the others he was brilliant, but in reality it's no more than 'OK'.

Wright had a good spell just after HT but really isn't the answer.

Sordell again very frustrating. But if your a lone striker you need back up from midfield. He didn't get that.

Can't recall us winning any second, let alone first ball!

Anyhow, roll on Tuesday. I cannot wait..........(and my data renews tomorrow so do not fear; I will be able to share how badly we are playing :D)

dongonzalos

I think a hammering has been coming really. The midfield is hopelessly weak and teams are going to eventually decide to prevent space.

The players all, with the exception of Stevenson, cannot move the ball forward at all. It's short square or diagonal passing. There is no support for the defence at all. I'm amazed we've not had this much until now.

We've got big problems. Few of these players are up to standard. We have one goal scorer. The two wide players are not consistent at all. We have a powder puff midfield that has no energy or drive. The back lines ok but the team is always vulnerable if put under pressure.

The games coming up are difficult. What's more difficult to see is where the options are in the squad,

Venus needs to step aside. Not the answer.

We are not doing too well on the old manger fro over the last 8 years.
How many permant abd temporary Ines have we had now over that time?

Users who are viewing this thread