The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Ha ha .You don't think we would have a little squeaky bum time if we have to chase 100?

Not a chance. They won't get a 100 lead anyway. The Australians have given the most disastrous batting display I can recall since Yallop captained a dreadful team in the late 70's.

Technical deficiencies everywhere. Other than Johnson pretty abject bowling as well. Clarke is a walking wicket stuck in his crease, and once the opening 3 have gone the floodgates just open.

The Aussies will be shell shocked after this. Trent bridge is another ground where away swing tends to be prominent.

Macca

Not a chance. They won't get a 100 lead anyway. The Australians have given the most disastrous batting display I can recall since Yallop captained a dreadful team in the late 70's.

Technical deficiencies everywhere. Other than Johnson pretty abject bowling as well. Clarke is a walking wicket stuck in his crease, and once the opening 3 have gone the floodgates just open.

The Aussies will be shell shocked after this. Trent bridge is another ground where away swing tends to be prominent.

I think you are probably right but I rule nothing out. What were we bowled out for in the last test second innings? And 70-80 is scored in a heartbeat these days

Otis

Can't see them adding anything more than 50-60 runs tops.

Would expect England to be chasing 80 odd.

They will do that without too much trouble at all. 180 would be a different matter, but there is no way they are going to secure such a lead I would say, Jimmy Anderson or no Jimmy Anderson.

Terry Gibson's perm

This has shown again why Warwickshire should have an Ashes test each time a good wicket that has had some poor batting on it and a crowd that get behind Endland and right on the backs of the Aussies.

stupot07

It's going to be a terrific result, but a 2 1/2 day test match is shit. My mates have got tickets for Saturday (4th day), they are now making other plans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

It's going to be a terrific result, but a 2 1/2 day test match is shit. My mates have got tickets for Saturday (4th day), they are now making other plans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

They get a refund though? is that right? Or is it a pot luck job when you buy tickets?

stupot07

They get a refund though? is that right? Or is it a pot luck job when you buy tickets?

Yeah, you get a full refund, it's just a bit shit when you've been looking forward to it. And test matches should be 4-5 day battle of bat and ball.

Otis

Can't believe this will be finished without even 3 days on the board.

Incredible test this has been. Baffling at times too.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'm not being biased towards my home ground ,(I don't think) but the wickets not been a fault, I got a message yesterday from a mate telling me Edgbaston should not hold Test cricket again, groundsman should be sacked. Baffled me I've watched prob half the game not seen 1 ball misbehave (was 2 balls in the first over at Cardiff which just died), some great spells of bowling Jimmy first inns, Finn yday even Johnson first over yesterday.

Some loose shots, Lyth, Root and some heaves Bell, Broad & Ali and some unplayable deliveries.

Nothing's popped up or stayed low. Just conditions, top class bowling & crap batting.

Fair assessment?

Gaz71

I'm not being biased towards my home ground ,(I don't think) but the wickets not been a fault, I got a message yesterday from a mate telling me Edgbaston should not hold Test cricket again, groundsman should be sacked. Baffled me I've watched prob half the game not seen 1 ball misbehave (was 2 balls in the first over at Cardiff which just died), some great spells of bowling Jimmy first inns, Finn yday even Johnson first over yesterday.

Some loose shots, Lyth, Root and some heaves Bell, Broad & Ali and some unplayable deliveries.

Nothing's popped up or stayed low. Just conditions, top class bowling & crap batting.

Fair assessment?

Spot on

Terry Gibson's perm

Ex players have said that it is a good cricket wicket with a bit in it for all,it is going to be over so early because of reckless batting, one commentator said it was about the best wicket he had seen all season. Anybody who thinks they should get no test probably has a ticket for tomorrow, test cricket is getting shorter as scoring rates are increasing, if somebody wants to see scores of 700 each wait until they get to The Oval.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
great bowling from England, who also managed to get a few batsman set before getting out too early eg Bell

On the other side of that I think there is agreement that the aussie batting has been woeful - yet even they had players that proved you could get a decent score if you applied yourself properly

lifeskyblue

Yes great bowling by England but also poor and at times woeful batting by the Aussies. This series is unpredictable with a side dominating each of the tests against expectation of the previous test. With all sides wanting to push on the run rates are incredible even when a side is struggling. The days of patiently seeing off the new ball or building an innings seem long gone. Makes for exciting games but perhaps makes the 5 day format obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

The biggest losers could be Warwickshire. Not certain if it ever came in but a while back the ECB were looking at a system where counties would bid for tests and then keep ticket money. So Warwick would say we'll pay you £x to host the test and they get to keep the cash.

Anyone know if they moved to that or not?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It is a bidding process for the gold silver And bronze packages, I know counties are insured against rain refunds, reading the WCCC forum this morning some seem to think this applies to early finishes as well now something new in recent years. (I not sure it is)

But they will lose out of merchandise and food and drink sales.

Glad I didn't spend £90 on a ticket for today as no refund if there is a result.

Captain Dart

Progress 8th wicket gone (and the last decent batsman I think), shouldn't be long now.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

81 lead at the minute a 120 chase could be interesting if Johnson hits his straps straight away.

I say that but I guess the pitch is flattening by the minute?

Monners

Seems as if the pitch is playing a bit easier, but another 40 runs or see will make it interesting. Nothing worse than gloating Aussie! :sleep::facepalm:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

121 needed
Let's get through to lunch and tick off the runs in 10 run blocks.

I reckon getting this 4 down Bell knocking off the winning runs ending with an unbeaten 55* just before tea.

Pleaseeeee

Monners

Prediction:
Lyth to fail again
Bell to score a quick 18-20 and then get cocky as usual and give his wicket away
Root out for single figures
Cook and Bairstow to see it home (although only becoause I want Bairstow to do well as I met his late father once and he was a nice bloke)

Captain Dart

Nearly there, the Aussies will be just going through the motions now. 70 runs from 9 wickets, surely England can't blow that!

Captain Dart

Just 15 more runs needed from Root & Bell..

Sorted..

Users who are viewing this thread