The Ashes (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

New ball available within the first hour as well nip out Lyon just before then & get Haddin in against the new ball.

Quietly confident this morning just as long as England don't revert to banging it in against the lower order as per.

Ideal (realistic ish) world England will close today 240 ahead 5 wickets in hand

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I still can't get my head round cricket. I've tried to watch it versus paint drying and the paint won by a mile! :D

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Well that will do Watson 2nd over & what a shock he wastes a review him & Broad in the reviewing stakes is always worth a watch, the pair get about 1 in 10 right between them!

lifeskyblue

Fantastic first hour for England. Haddin a very important wicket I think. Back to meeting until lunch. Just hope Aussies all out by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Each to their own, I can't fathom how anyone can watch Snooker, Golf, Darts, cycling, Any motor sports but hey ho.

Almost 100% with you there, but I do like the Ryder Cup golf. About the only thing I do watch in the golfing tv calendar, apart from the Open, but snooker bores me, as does darts, as does cycling and any motor sport totally has me falling asleep.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Almost 100% with you there, but I do like the Ryder Cup golf. About the only thing I do watch in the golfing tv calendar, apart from the Open, but snooker bores me, as does darts, as does cycling and any motor sport totally has me falling asleep.

Haha oddly enough I can sit through a few minutes of the Ryder Cup as well.

Unless the Americans are winning!
"Get in the hole!!"

Otis

Hmm, Austrailia really managing to do a lot with the ball this second innings.

This is not going to turn again this game is it?

Have a horrible feeling this could go pear shaped if we are not careful. We need to get at least 250+ ahead.

Lyth really struggling and now Bell to the crease.

Last edited:

Otis

Ahh, that's better. Nothing like 3 or 4 boundaries in a couple of overs to ease the nerves a bit.

stupot07

This is a great performance by england

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

This is a great performance by england

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It is. When we were 2 down we looked really, really creaky and Austrailia sensed blood, but a succession of boundaries eased the pressure and now we are in total command.

lifeskyblue

What a relief. Out of meetings and see England in command. Off for a beer and catch part of final session.

Houchens Head

Golf. Another waste of an afternoon! There's absolutely no action! Hit a ball with a stick and spend the next 15 minutes walking along to the bloody thing, only to hit it with a stick again! Then if your lucky, you might find a hole to tap the thing into! Fuck me! I'm sweating with excitement!

Macca

Golf. Another waste of an afternoon! There's absolutely no action! Hit a ball with a stick and spend the next 15 minutes walking along to the bloody thing, only to hit it with a stick again! Then if your lucky, you might find a hole to tap the thing into! Fuck me! I'm sweating with excitement!

Each to their own. Don't get me on to fishing

Otis

This is still loseable with 2 days left

It is, but it would take a monumental effort from the Aussies and a poor bowling performance from England for us to lose it.

The lead should now already be enough.

The pitch is still doing a bit and the bounce is very erratic at times too.

wingy

Sorry for usurping the thread but the useless Sweaty has just had a huge lesson at Wimbledon;-)
Back on track, keep It going England.

Houchens Head

Each to their own. Don't get me on to fishing

Point taken Macca, but I when I go fishing, I keep any decent fish. You can't beat a lovely sea bass or mackerel that you've caught yourself! :)

stupot07

Sorry for usurping the thread but the useless Sweaty has just had a huge lesson at Wimbledon;-)
Back on track, keep It going England.

Yeah, federer was inspired and turns in a few weeks time.

lifeskyblue

I should be feeling comfortable with the lead and the Aussies requiring such a target BUT I have to say I am a little worried. This Aussie side are capable of getting it and turning a losing position to a win. Can our bowlers and Cook's captaincy hold their nerve

Macca

Point taken Macca, but I when I go fishing, I keep any decent fish. You can't beat a lovely sea bass or mackerel that you've caught yourself! :)

Ah now fishing for eating that's different. Fishing in some filthy canal for a tiny fish to throw back whilst being mugged, no thanks

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

200 a day, in this new era, can't call it myself

Game will be all but finished tomorrow.

Warners a big wicket he will come out swinging if he cracks a run a ball 70 it move the momentum to Aus need ringer them 2/3 down by lunch, just keep chipping away!

Users who are viewing this thread