The only way to hurt sisu (1 Viewer)

Generally Midfield

CCFC and SISU are separate, why would the Trust need a post on here to show them that?

I've been saying for months that NOPM wouldn't do anything and that people will just be harming CCFC and not damaging SISU.

Not harming ccfc and going after sisu sounds like exactly the right thing to do - OSB, you and others on here definitely seem to have more idea than the current Trust!

Nick

Administrator
Not harming ccfc and going after sisu sounds like exactly the right thing to do - OSB, you and others on here definitely seem to have more idea than the current Trust!

I wouldn't say it's about having more of an idea, I have no idea about their world / finance / shares / investment but it's just common sense.

skybluebeduff

Which begs the question, why don't they take a seat on the board of The Trust? Seats are available for more input on how to tackle SISU.

wince

Just because Fisher doesn't get paid by CCFC doesnt mean he does not get paid by another part of SISU's empire. Do you really think he does it as a volunteer? He is very clever with his words but don't let him pull the wool over your eyes! His wages might not come directly out of CCFC but it is money that could be invested into CCFC instead of his pocket.

clint van damme

no because morally we are right

no you're not, you're a cretin.

Aren't you the one who lives in Carlisle? Easy to be NOPM from up there.

I can guarantee if Roman Abramovich bought us tomorrow you still wouldn't go to games, you just walk round in a City top boring the residents of Cumbria with what a massive Sky Blue you are.

Generally Midfield

Which begs the question, why don't they take a seat on the board of The Trust? Seats are available for more input on how to tackle SISU.

Current trust seems to have been tarnished so maybe it needs more than a couple of new people joining? Maybe it needs a fresh start with current people standing down and letting a whole new team have a go?

Nick

Administrator

Because the Trust aren't interested in any views that don't suit theirs, hence instead of actually discussing things they just throw that line out which you seem to have swallowed and repeat.

wince

Of course we would all love that but if playing in northampton or anywhere else is the price for the owners to make a profit then I suggest. They are not the right owners in the same way people call for managers heads if things aren't going well or are we saying only that Coventry fans are different . They had a plan that was working in the first year and if they followed it through. They would. Have had their. Money back many times over

shmmeee

In terms of the fa it is, hence the league table doesn't say otium.

Eh?

The FA don't recognise the fans as CCFC what are you on about?

Otium Entertainment trade as CCFC. They could trade as anything they like the FA wouldn't stop them.

skybluebeduff

Current trust seems to have been tarnished so maybe it needs more than a couple of new people joining? Maybe it needs a fresh start with current people standing down and letting a whole new team have a go?
It is tarnished I agree, Jan is not suitable to be the front of The Trust. I also agree that we need a new one, it probably wouldn't even be that hard to form one up with more members than the trust have, where all members can feel involved.

Nick

Administrator
Eh?

The FA don't recognise the fans as CCFC what are you on about?

Otium Entertainment trade as CCFC. They could trade as anything they like the FA wouldn't stop them.

No I mean in terms of the FA it is Coventry City. Obviously the limited company behind it is otium but my point was just that people don't support Otium or a limited company behind it.

Sorry if I mistook what you wrote!

shmmeee

Sorry for coming into this thread late but I have a genuine question about the opening line of this post:

"Sisu have spent the last 8 years trying to drive down costs and get spending under control REGARDLESS of where that takes us"

I am just wondering why do people genuinely have a problem with them trying to get the spending under control?

Surely is that not what brought SISU here in the 1st place. Over the 30 odd years I have supported the club, we have always had a history at the club of being constantly in massive debt, have had to sell our best players to stay alive. Its not a new thing!

My memory may be failing, but I don't remember us being in League One for our entire history. Something must have got worse.

The "we've always sold players" line is stupid too. We haven't always sold them in their first season and we haven't always sold them for peanuts and we haven't always forced young players out of the club.

When people make this argument it's basically "everyone's stupid but me", remindnme of Labour talking about immigration not being an issue. Either you are wrong or the, in this case roughly 10,000, fans who have left are. I know where Id put my money.

shmmeee

No I mean in terms of the FA it is Coventry City. Obviously the limited company behind it is otium but my point was just that people don't support Otium or a limited company behind it.

Sorry if I mistook what you wrote!

Well they do support Otium, same as the supported CCFC Holdings or whatever they were called pre-admin.

I know what you mean, bit it's a nice thought not the reality. What is CCFC? We like to think it's us and our memories and it's history and Jimmy Hill and John Sillett and Highfield Road, but in reality it's a private commercial enterprise.

It's a lot like Cadburys. We all have a lot invested emotionally in a company, but ultimately nothing is stopping that company doing what they want. And at some point you wake up and realise youre eating shit chocolate because of tradition and a feeling of connection to a company that couldn't give a shiny shit about you.

Nick

Administrator
Well they do support Otium, same as the supported CCFC Holdings or whatever they were called pre-admin.

I know what you mean, bit it's a nice thought not the reality. What is CCFC? We like to think it's us and our memories and it's history and Jimmy Hill and John Sillett and Highfield Road, but in reality it's a private commercial enterprise.

It's a lot like Cadburys. We all have a lot invested emotionally in a company, but ultimately nothing is stopping that company doing what they want. And at some point you wake up and realise youre eating shit chocolate because of tradition and a feeling of connection to a company that couldn't give a shiny shit about you.

People don't, I bet a decent chunk of our fans wouldn't be able to say who otium was. The same as they wouldn't know who Mondelez International were if they ate a Dairy Milk.

(I would like to say I didn't have to Google that, but I did)

ajsccfc

I'd have guessed Mondelez International were either some kind of evil conglomerate from a film or a 90s house act. Close with the first guess, to be fair.

shmmeee

People don't, I bet a decent chunk of our fans wouldn't be able to say who otium was.

We are talking at cross purposes. People may not know Mondelez International own Cadbury, but the chocolate is still shit and we still can't change that.

What I'm driving at is that if we want to have any control over our club we will have to own some of it. Otherwise it's not ours and we are just deluding ourselves into supporting whoever owns us at the time. It's not a nice realisation but without understanding it we can't hope to move forward sensibly.

We could be moved. We could change our name. We could change our badge, our kit, anything. We could drop down the leagues as we chase break even from ever decreasing income. If we ever want to be able to influence any of these things then we need to own a share of the club. It's literally the only way to influence a football club.

Nick

Administrator
People don't support the owners, they support the football club. I don't disagree about somehow being part of it but realistically how is that going to happen?

hopesprings

People don't support the owners, they support the football club. I don't disagree about somehow being part of it but realistically how is that going to happen?
Hi Nick I had posted at 4.44 yesterday on the other thread re "club is dying" that the only way in my opinion is to go to the football league. Part of the post seems to have been removed...no idea how but no doubt as administrator you can look into thaat. My suggestion was along the lines that we all at every opportunity ask the football league how on earth they can allow owners who have a chairman quite categorically stating he "does not care" about the club he is the one responsible for the running said club. How do the rules of the football league cover the plain fact that no-one knows who the owners are(who investes in SISU?). Indeed the investors in the hedge fund could quite easily be owners of another football club. Strange this isn't covered in the rules and very odd it has not been questioned in higher places and more vocifrously

shmmeee

I'm just planning seeds man as Bill Hicks used to say.

I worry that we all get caught up in whistle protests and Photoshopped withches hats that we lose sight of what we need to be doing if we are unhappy.

Realistically? The Trust needs to improve. In theory they are the first step but it's been an absolute clusterfuck.

It won't happen with these owners, Seppala is clearly a control freak and isn't about to sell Steve and Jan a slice. So we need to be looking at the next owners and ensuring we have a plan ready to go if/when we change hands.

It will need to be a fans trust, remember this is the second "incarnation" of the trust, it was just dormant for ages. So I suppose we need new Trust leadership with a reduced mission statement. No old faces. No protests. No comment at all on the current situation. Just a simple promise to be there to fight for fan ownership when the club changes hands.

That's my best guess anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Hi Nick I had posted at 4.44 yesterday on the other thread re "club is dying" that the only way in my opinion is to go to the football league. Part of the post seems to have been removed...no idea how but no doubt as administrator you can look into thaat. My suggestion was along the lines that we all at every opportunity ask the football league how on earth they can allow owners who have a chairman quite categorically stating he "does not care" about the club he is the one responsible for the running said club. How do the rules of the football league cover the plain fact that no-one knows who the owners are(who investes in SISU?). Indeed the investors in the hedge fund could quite easily be owners of another football club. Strange this isn't covered in the rules and very odd it has not been questioned in higher places and more vocifrously

It's here:

The club is dying: time to put it out of its misery and start again

You don't need to post across multiple threads that stuff has been deleted, can you send me a PM and I can happily look into bugs and things.

Nick

Administrator

I worry that we all get caught up in whistle protests and Photoshopped withches hats that we lose sight of what we need to be doing if we are unhappy.

Realistically? The Trust needs to improve. In theory they are the first step but it's been an absolute clusterfuck.

It won't happen with these owners, Seppala is clearly a control freak and isn't about to sell Steve and Jan a slice. So we need to be looking at the next owners and ensuring we have a plan ready to go if/when we change hands.

It will need to be a fans trust, remember this is the second "incarnation" of the trust, it was just dormant for ages. So I suppose we need new Trust leadership with a reduced mission statement. No old faces. No protests. No comment at all on the current situation. Just a simple promise to be there to fight for fan ownership when the club changes hands.

I don't disagree about having a professional trust or trying to at least get a bit of a say.

Isn't so much about the protests, is the silly digs they throw and then act surprised when people take issue with it.

I'm all for an open professional trust and can see why they could be good.

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

Very surprised that you know who Bill Hicks is, I thought I was alone in the conspiracy world ;)

Nick

Administrator
Nick something is not right here. The second half of the post is NOT there! Please look into it

You are welcome to send me a PM to look into it, although going across multiple posts accusing something of being deleted when it hasn't isn't the way to go about it.

The best way is to edit the post and type what you say is missing and save it.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like it's been posted twice. I've sent a PM to try and sort it rather than across different threads ;)

hopesprings

Looks like it's been posted twice. I've sent a PM to try and sort it rather than across different threads ;)
Sorry Nick ..I had posted twice and quoted the wrong time !!!!! Original post all intact ...see what supporting CCFC does to me ...drives me bonkers...but I still do PUSB

covman

So
I don't have a level of knowledge, it's just easy to grasp that CCFC isn't SISU.

Hammering CCFC doesn't mean it is going to hurt SISU.
So all this time you have been wanting evidence and explanations to my opinion you come up with this as yours! Comical!

Nick

Administrator
So all this time you have been wanting evidence and explanations to my opinion you come up with this as yours! Comical!

What are you talking about? That wasn't evidence or an explanation about anything?

blueflint

no you're not, you're a cretin.

Aren't you the one who lives in Carlisle? Easy to be NOPM from up there.

I can guarantee if Roman Abramovich bought us tomorrow you still wouldn't go to games, you just walk round in a City top boring the residents of Cumbria with what a massive Sky Blue you are.

i have over the years spent more on watching cov than you yes I'm in carlisle but supported them since 1952 I'm an old fart but travelled all the time to watch them
does that make me the cretin you describe above.no i don't even wear a cov top anymore haven't for three years and won't until the shite owners go.as for your critisism
stick it where the sun don't shine i don't care

clint van damme

i have over the years spent more on watching cov than you yes I'm in carlisle but supported them since 1952 I'm an old fart but travelled all the time to watch them
does that make me the cretin you describe above.no i don't even wear a cov top anymore haven't for three years and won't until the shite owners go.as for your critisism
stick it where the sun don't shine i don't care

any one who can't separate the club from sisu is a cretin in my eyes, (don't worry you're not alone), I don't care how much you spent watching them or how old you are.
And to say you've spent more than me is a ridiculous statement as you don't know how much I've spent and I doubt either of us has kept a record.

Users who are viewing this thread