Transfer targets (8 Viewers)

Alkhen

There isn’t plenty of time though. Got three days
Yeah but are you are assuming the whole recurrent team are sitting on their arses doing nothing until moments before the reveal video.

They work behind the scenes. It's like you haven't taken anything that has happened this window in. Calm down, you'll do yourself a mischief
fun today GIF

procdoc

Yeah but are you are assuming the whole recurrent team are sitting on their arses doing nothing until moments before the reveal video.

They work behind the scenes. It's like you haven't taken anything that has happened this window in. Calm down, you'll do yourself a mischief
fun today GIF
I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying as each day passes it’s slightly concerning. I’m not panicking, hence using the word slightly

Samo

What the fuck is going on here?
Yes the club would have planned, of course they had targets, they may have made approaches and offers, but all of that means jack shit if, for a hundred reasons, you can't get the deal done.
Do people really believe that in a multi million pound industry, our club are wondering what to do because it hadn't occurred to them that Gus might leave?
Jesus.

Deity

My concern is that MR says that he missed out on a few of his targets probably due to the long saga of Vik but surely we knew Gus was going.
Every team misses targets every summer …. Man City bid for Rice, Liverpool wanted Bellingham etc etc

Balli001

What the fuck is going on here?
Yes the club would have planned, of course they had targets, they may have made approaches and offers, but all of that means jack shit if, for a hundred reasons, you can't get the deal done.
Do people really believe that in a multi million pound industry, our club are wondering what to do because it hadn't occurred to them that Gus might leave?
Jesus.
Its the need for immediate transfers for some fans. Patience is not a skill many possess

ptr

Campbell not in Luton’s team tonight, expected to start so could be off?! Would be a great signing. Deffo has the aggression and drive we need from midfield.

long way home

I honestly think we are not going to be bullied into any deal. If the deal is right and the player profile fits we push for them but stay within the our means. If the deal doesn't fit the club looks like it moves on. I would put a shed load of money on names we have seen already been enquired about and past on before the name drops out.

We are already onto the next target while the previous one is stil being talked of. We seem to be such a different club now and like it or not others have noticed and see we are serious in the way we do business now. Robins would be disappointed if we cant get another 1 or 2 in but from what we had and where we come from its night and day which we all should be happy about.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

It is worth remembering that the first we heard of Wright's signing was about 24 hours before he flew in to sign, never mind rumours of interest. Though I really don't like the look of that midfield as it is if it's meant to last us until January.

BlueSkiesForever

Who says there isn't a list?! This isn't football manager, deals are complex. Both teams, a player and agents need to be satisfied. Also things like other players becoming an option late on could mean a change of plan. Who knows this talk of O'Brien being available may have diverted our attention. Nothing wrong with that. I'm 100% confident that they have a plan and that we will see a new midfielder in by the end of the window.

They haven't disappointed with transfers yet, I don't know why people are being so negative/panicked

There may be a list but I don’t think it’s been handled seriously tbh, we all knew for a long time that there was a very high chance of Gus leaving, he’s been gone for almost 3 weeks now and they’ve still got no one in. Leaving it down to the wire just doesn’t seem a professional thing to do in my eyes. If someone sets you an important deadline at work you don’t aim to get it finished with a couple days to spare, I’m very hopeful they’ll sign someone but why wait this long? It’s less time for the potential signing to bed into the team, and we’ve seen how long it’s taken Simms to get anywhere near close to gelling with the team, he’s been there for all of the pre-season and yet he’s still miles off the pace. I was just hoping for a bit more readiness tbh considering it’s such a vital role in our team.

Alkhen

There may be a list but I don’t think it’s been handled seriously tbh, we all knew for a long time that there was a very high chance of Gus leaving, he’s been gone for almost 3 weeks now and they’ve still got no one in. Leaving it down to the wire just doesn’t seem a professional thing to do in my eyes. If someone sets you an important deadline at work you don’t aim to get it finished with a couple days to spare, I’m very hopeful they’ll sign someone but why wait this long? It’s less time for the potential signing to bed into the team, and we’ve seen how long it’s taken Simms to get anywhere near close to gelling with the team, he’s been there for all of the pre-season and yet he’s still miles off the pace. I was just hoping for a bit more readiness tbh considering it’s such a vital role in our team.

It's not one sided though is it! 🙄

We might have targets and planned perfectly but if players or teams are dragging their heels to get better offers or see if there are better opportunities at bigger teams then there is little we can do to speed things up.

They would have planned for every outcome regarding Gus. There are so many moving pieces especially this week. Calm down and trust the team. As I said before they have yet to let us down with transfers this window why are you so eager to stick the boot on before it has concluded

SkyBlue_Bear83

There is still time left but I thought there would be more noise about incomings and Robins doesn't really sound convincing when asked about the possibility of more arrivals.

This narrative that we've had a great window so far is a myth, if the window closed tonight and we did no more business it would be a poor window for us.

Balli001

There is still time left but I thought there would be more noise about incomings and Robins doesn't really sound convincing when asked about the possibility of more arrivals.

This narrative that we've had a great window so far is a myth, if the window closed tonight and we did no more business it would be a poor window for us.
It isn't a myth. We have improved the squad already. Are you expecting Robins to announce all his transfer interest and expectations daily just so you can be appeased?

BlueSkiesForever

It's not one sided though is it! 🙄

We might have targets and planned perfectly but if players or teams are dragging their heels to get better offers or see if there are better opportunities at bigger teams then there is little we can do to speed things up.

They would have planned for every outcome regarding Gus. There are so many moving pieces especially this week. Calm down and trust the team. As I said before they have yet to let us down with transfers this window why are you so eager to stick the boot on before it has concluded

I absolutely agree with you on the fact that it’s not one sided and I’m not one of these that’s panicking about the fact it’s not happening as quickly as I’d like but I’m just a bit concerned that there is only 3 days left and there’s not any hints of a rumour going round.
I trust Robins and the team but I suppose I would have liked to have seen such a vital role been figured out a little bit quicker than this. We’ve got a fair bit of money to spend as well, if we want someone with particular attributes we should be prepared to pay for it. There’s also a (very minor) case to say that if it’s rushed last minute the player could feel like he’s just there to plug a hole rather than feel wanted by the club, one of the comments made by MVE in why he joined the club is that Coventry made him feel wanted from a while before the deal was completed, sometimes there’s more in it than just squeezing every last penny out of the deal.

But yeah I agree with you in regards to trusting the process and believing in the Robins approach, I’m very hopeful something will get done.

mmttww

Easy to do when you have taken in £35 million
If you want to panic like a d*ckhead with no actual football knowledge, sure it is. FM '23 IRL.

A club that's building a squad for the next five years might take a few days on it, though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Only position we have strengthened without question is full back/wing back.

Dasilva for me is better than Bidwell and MVE is as good as Norton Cuffy but he's our own player so that's a positive.

Centre back quality has gone down but at least we own a few now opposed to loans, I suppose that's the trade off we take as Doyle and McNally would be out of our price range.

Midfield is significantly weaker, attacking midfield is no change really as of now.

Forwards are undoubtedly weaker as of right now.

Users who are viewing this thread