Wigan Athletic (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Leicester 3-0 up at home to Sunderland in 25 mins. Hopefully Callum can bang a couple on for Bournemouth today, they're at home to Villa.

Mr pot

That horrible we won't keep a lead feeling I have so often is drifting back

CoT

Ah yeah I forgot about that. It's nice being earlier, but I liked the bbc coverage and iplayer > five on demand

Astute

Surprised Armstrong is playing ahead of Tudguy. and not convinced about playing a centre back at right back. Good luck leading the line by yourself kid. A big ask of two 18 year olds to lead our attack.

Are you convinced yet Stu?

Come on boys we can do it.

Grendel

Are you convinced yet Stu?

Come on boys we can do it.

Reality is a lot of the players are not performing well. The defence is and Johnson has electric pace.

Astute

How many more challenges is Maddison going to back out of? Without wanting to find negatives right now, he does need to be braver

Tackling isn't a strong point of his though is it.

Grendel

Tackling isn't a strong point of his though is it.

If he's going to be playing behind the strikers it will have to improve.

Otis

Ricketts the difference to our defence, compared to last season.

He brings a calmness and he looks quite assured and has them pretty well organised.

Wigan obviously identified Willis as the weak link down their left flank.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Otis

Lameiras seems a little lightweight, but I like Vincelot, who brings a bit of grit and Armstrong looks a real handful.

Last edited:

stupot07

Decent half, great goal brilliant play by JOB and cool finish by Armstrong. We haven't really created anything of note since bar Armstrongs shot from the edge of the box.

Started to lose the midfield battle last 20 as Wigan start to get around the box, but with a lone striker they haven't really troubled Burge who's looked composed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

Ricketts the difference to our defence, compared to last season.

He brings a calmness and he looks quite assured and has them pretty well organised.

Wigan obviously identified Willis as the weak link down their left flank.

Ricketts is playing very well. Willis is being worked down the flank as there is no midfield protection. He's doing well. Stokes has JOB to help cover.

Burge still looks an accident waiting to happen. At least we've given up on him goal kicking.

Fleck poor Vincelote a bit out of it as well and can't see what position Lameries is in.

There is always a chance of goals with johnsons pace but tudgay I think should be playing.

Users who are viewing this thread