Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Jan (1 Viewer)

stay_up_skyblues

Dogpiss today and it’s a dreadful run of form. Several players (Allen, Dabo, Wilson, Doyle included) have really started to look league 1 lately. Palmer, after his battling first few appearances charging down the oppo and throwing himself into challenges, looks the very definition of a luxury player. Vik and Gus (at times) look like they’re operating on another level and need better players around them.

However, I fully expect us to turn it round and have another run as we usually do. Some of those underperforming players will hit form and Godden and Fadz will be key when back. Expected a mid to lower mid table finish and maintain that. Need a win Saturday as to be perfectly honest it’s becoming a bit of a chore to sit through it. Baltic conditions don’t help to be fair 🤣

Nuskyblue

That was a corner. Lino was putting his flag up before it went out
Don't want to pick over the obvious but that lino was able to call a decision at 100 yards (FOR NORWICH) but couldn't give a decision for cov from about 10 yards...

Greggs

Dogpiss today and it’s a dreadful run of form. Several players (Allen, Dabo, Wilson, Doyle included) have really started to look league 1 lately. Palmer, after his battling first few appearances charging down the oppo and throwing himself into challenges, looks the very definition of a luxury player. Vik and Gus (at times) look like they’re operating on another level and need better players around them.

However, I fully expect us to turn it round and have another run as we usually do. Some of those underperforming players will hit form and Godden and Fadz will be key when back. Expected a mid to lower mid table finish and maintain that. Need a win Saturday as to be perfectly honest it’s becoming a bit of a chore to sit through it. Baltic conditions don’t help to be fair 🤣
Norwich fans seemed to deal with the cold

lifeskyblue

Awful start to game then a very good 25min spell where we made Norwich back line hurry and make mistakes.
Second half I felt Norwich controlled the game with mccallum snuffing out any threat from Coffey. Robins ready to change it when we conceded the 4th. After that the stuffing went out of us. Allen still had a chance to get the third (must hit target) and that would have set up an exciting finish.
No disgrace losing to a very good, slick footballing side. We fought back well showing good spirit before running out of steam and ideas. Next Saturday is the important game and is pretty much a must win after the recent run of results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyblu3sk

Fuck me that was frustrating, definition of not doing the basics right especially finding the pass in the 2nd half! I thought Coffy didn't wake up until the 2nd or 3rd goal went in, needs to work on switching on before the match. Palmer one of the better players for me today Gyok needs a game off but we can't afford to. Loads and loads of chances both ends but they put theirs away.

Adge

Not time to press the panic button just yet and just get people (numbers) in for the sake of it as a short term fix. But this team (squad) needs help and an overhaul or major surgery come the summer. Let’s face it-we are not going up or we are not going down and will finish lower mid table. If we bumble along till the summer then so be it.

bringbackrattles

Just back from the game. Let's face it we were well beaten and looked poor. Need at least 4 players and that's to stay in the Championship. Gykores is isolated on his own and nobody there to help him. Remember Ferguson and Wallace ?
We are a decent side but need investment.

Otis

Not time to press the panic button just yet and just get people (numbers) in for the sake of it as a short term fix. But this team (squad) needs help and an overhaul or major surgery come the summer. Let’s face it-we are not going up or we are not going down and will finish lower mid table. If we bumble along till the summer then so be it.
Yeah, I would take that.

zuni

Got schooled today, wank ref, we were wank…robins had his subs stood waiting for ages…summary very wank but few beers and laughs with the lads, finnnn squad.…need to be brutal in the summer

fuck it

Adge

2nd half it seemed that Norwich had 14 or 15 on the pitch. Really kept the ball well for long periods and we just couldn’t get the ball off them collectively-we looked more like a one man band.

zuni

Scared to put a foot in and how the fuck does their player pick the ball up in front of the ref and get away with it......ragin

Speedies_Chips

Any hope of getting back into that game was finished by the slowness in making the substitutions.

Don’t get me wrong we were dreadful for 20 mins but the slowness of the substitutions, time to get ready, instructions, hand shaking, waiting around is frustrating. I counted twice when we could get the changes made.

Everyone could see we were about to concede again as the legs were gone.

Norwich won’t go up this season. They were dreadful at the back and at times as bad us us.
I agree. Against a team better than us, Norwich could have easily have conceded 4 or 5 themselves.

Blind-Faith

Felt like they had an extra player on the pitch today, which is never a good sign. They played the second half perfectly , killed the game by playing keep ball and we couldn’t get near them. The odd time they made a mistake we failed to capitalise on it.

Trying to press for 90 minutes solid with a thread bare squad isn’t going to work as they simply run out of steam.

Although it wasn’t why we lost the game, the officials were absolutely bloody awful today aswell.

Hobo

Ok we could have gone above Norwich if we had won today. How Norwich are in that position is a mystery with players they have?

Better than us all across the park. Their first touch to a man is better than ours and it buys them valuable seconds with every pass to keep their composure.

We have been suffering due to injuries and a small squad. You cannot expect any new owner to change that in two weeks.

It is turning into a holding season. Forget play offs. One game at a time and lets try to develop players we have. Lets get the ones we can back fit and playing. It would be nice to bring a couple in - but they have to be the right signings not just bodies.

The recruitment team need to focus on the summer. The team needs to regroup and try and finish the season withe some momentum.

This season is getting to the stage where it needs to be a building block for next season. Its no time to panic and the league is still tight so you never know? One game at a time.

Sky Blue Harry H

2nd half it seemed that Norwich had 14 or 15 on the pitch. Really kept the ball well for long periods and we just couldn’t get the ball off them collectively-we looked more like a one man band.
That was the best I have seen a team play against us, and whether it was tactics. fitness, technique, or a combination of all 3, It made us look completely ineffective. Last time I saw a half like that at home was probably Swansea last season. For me it was as much about their movement off the ball, as opposed to anything else - though they were good at passing to those making the runs.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

That was the best I have seen a team play against us, and whether it was tactics. fitness, technique, or a combination of all 3, It made us look completely ineffective. Last time I saw a half like that at home was probably Swansea last season. For me it was as much about the movement off the ball, as opposed to anything else - though they were good at passing to those making the runs.

That’s what PL money for several years gets you.

ccfc922

I don;t think relegation is a real danger as long as Vik stays fit. What we've seen in the last couple of games are what squads look like when you've got PL money. I think every single player on Norwich's bench would get into our starting XI today.

Gambling on Viks fitness is hoping there's going to be 3 worse clubs than you to stay up.

I think we've lost the positive advances we made last season and I hope MR/King know how to rectify it.

alexccfc99

they had won 1 of their last 5
They were also a multi million pound assembled squad - and have now appointed a new manager and look very capable of going on a run

bang in form was an overstatement - but surely people expected us to get beat today

Nuskyblue

Not sure why only 3
Animated GIF

Nuskyblue

Wagner looks to have changed Norwich already , a good side underperforming under smith .. Norwich always seemed to have a pass on and we've struggled today despite the 2 goals , they're a better side than us by some way .
I'll give them that but we made it easy, seemed like a lack of effort. Any sort of co-ordination in the press and they fell to bits. They seemed to walk through us at times.

Without CoH I genuinely think our only option is to sit back and play on the break. He has been our trigger to press and the glue that holds our attacks together, he is literally worth two with the work and effort he puts in.

alexccfc99

He’s had his chances lol!!!
Don’t worry - Mike Ashley is desperate to buy the club apparently

That desperate he is not willing to shell out and buy it now - Makes me laugh that if he is trying to get the club on the cheap instead of just putting his money where his mouth is people still think he will start throwing millions at us if he ever did get a hold of the club:ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread