25% of EFL (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Surely the EFL have asked them why they won't have it?

Also, people report side effects when they take it. I guess mid-season players might not want to risk that too which plays on their mind?

Nick

Administrator
The side effects last for a few days, Covid could last much longer.

That's the thing, it's all "could".

They might not even get side effects.

Surely the EFL have done some sort of anonymous poll amongst them all to try and see why they haven't had it?

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it comes down to the lack of transparency of the (potential) long term health effects of taking these vaccines, particularly the mRNA based ones. If you‘re over a certain age with a health condition it’s a no brainer, not so much if you‘re fit and healthy and in your 20s.

The mRNA ones are if anything safer than the traditional ‘weakened virus’ vaccine because you aren’t even taking viral particles into your body. Same for ‘long term health effects’, once the mRNA has done its work it’s gone while the antibodies remain.

Most young women seem fine taking the pill for years on end despite that being genuinely more dubious in the long run. Just get informed

FulltimeWum

Low take up geographically is strongly linked to indices of deprivation, any of the geodata clearly shows this.

One of the key indicies is further education, which footballers due to their career and journey will not have accessed to the same level as someone who went to Comply McComp face.

Then there is the added nuance that their industry continues to struggle on despite the work from home advice.

And also, on Saturday Dabo and O'Hare struggled to stand up straight at times so booking an appointment is clearly beyond them.

Footballers contracting Covid is the least of our worries. The inner city suburbs with less than 40% double jabbed are going to be the panic areas.

NorthernWisdom

The mRNA ones are if anything safer than the traditional ‘weakened virus’ vaccine because you aren’t even taking viral particles into your body. Same for ‘long term health effects’, once the mRNA has done its work it’s gone while the antibodies remain.

Most young women seem fine taking the pill for years on end despite that being genuinely more dubious in the long run. Just get informed
I understand Ernie's logic, however - he's not saying that the fears are valid on an absolute sense, just the psychological sense of where they come from. Nobody really wants to be the new adopter in anything, its just that usually people a) aren't or b) they're so ill that they don't really care. A preventative medicine that hasn't had a chance to be around for a while, I understand why that might make people nervy.

I would, however, argue the other way, that it's not lack of transparency but, rather, over-transparency. As you say, the AZ risks are really minimal, and they'd probably have been better off not having to release that information at all. When I got my AZ vaccines I was given a big sheet with big lettering to read, full of dangers - it unnerved me a little and I was keen to have it so, if somebody had any doubts whatsoever, it probably didn't help!

SonofErnie

I seem to be getting shot down for trying to give some rationale for why some are not taking it (my whole family have). Perhaps some of the reported side effects (even if rare) are having an influence. Myocarditis is a daunting prospect if you are a young footballer, indeed my own son (a medical student) had to call an ambulance due to a significantly increased heart rate soon after having the vaccine. It’s easy to be dismissive of these concerns, but if there is resistance among young people then the communication and information needs to be improved.

Brighton Sky Blue

I seem to be getting shot down for trying to give some rationale for why some are not taking it (my whole family have). Perhaps some of the reported side effects (even if rare) are having an influence. Myocarditis is a daunting prospect if you are a young footballer, indeed my own son (a medical student) had to call an ambulance due to a significantly increased heart rate soon after having the vaccine. It’s easy to be dismissive of these concerns, but if there is resistance among young people then the communication and information needs to be improved.

I’m 31, not a pensioner, and I’m not trying to shoot you down either. But being scientifically illiterate isn’t an excuse or at least it shouldn’t be in this day and age when every schoolchild is taught how immunity and vaccines work and the information on them isn’t hidden.

Reactions: KAB

Please cite all pre-prints and mRNA peer reviewed papers you have read please.

Brighton Sky Blue

You can start with the original clinical trial data from over 40,000 participants.

So your response to people having long term concerns is to post an original study from nearly a year ago?

The CDC have recommended avoiding J&J due to the health implications within the last 24hrs. VAERS reports are through the ceiling. Footballers are looking around and seeing their colleagues drop on the pitch. Growing concerns of myocarditis across the board. Is an honest conversation about this really such heresy? If so, fine. Drink your Kool-Aid.

Brighton Sky Blue

So your response to people having long term concerns is to post an original study from nearly a year ago?

The CDC have recommended avoiding J&J due to the health implications within the last 24hrs. VAERS reports are through the ceiling. Footballers are looking around and seeing their colleagues drop on the pitch. Growing concerns of myocarditis across the board. Is an honest conversation about this really such heresy? If so, fine. Drink your Kool-Aid.

Ah I see. Clinical peer reviewed data is drinking the Kool-Aid.

Not sure if you realised but even pre COVID 150 cardiac incidents a year happened to footballers with the numbers likely to increase as the physical demands on them do combined with the fact that the screening for heart conditions is done at the beginning of a career and rarely later on when other issues can begin to arise.

Sky Blue Pete

That seems very high. The NHL (ice hockey) has its fair share of redneck players who you might guess are anti-vax but started the season with only 4 players unvaccinated and 3 of them have since changed their mind and had the jab.

Why would the percentage be so high for footballers?
More intelligent and well read with the critical evidence base skills required to ignore the medical and scientific opinion being presented by the government and main stream media

Ah I see. Clinical peer reviewed data is drinking the Kool-Aid.

Not sure if you realised but even pre COVID 150 cardiac incidents a year happened to footballers with the numbers likely to increase as the physical demands on them do combined with the fact that the screening for heart conditions is done at the beginning of a career and rarely later on when other issues can begin to arise.

I'll be back in a few months when the television tells you its ok to question things.

FulltimeWum

Regarding the NHL, a university education and also a player union which has some actual structure and impact.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'll be back in a few months when the television tells you its ok to question things.

You do realise that all that persists in your body post jab are antibodies and memory cells? The cardiac risks are most likely in the first few days after the jab and this is pointed out to you in the leaflet you get along with what to look out for.

Torquay Sky Blue

You're wasting your time mate.
I've stated on here a few times that I had a heart attack 3 days after a jab.
Many say it's pure coincidence as that suits their stance. However there is no way I would have another.
Both my kids are fully jabbed and that's up to them. But I won't be and yes I've had covid so hopefully built up a natural immunity.
I totally get why footballers are concerned

shmmeee

How many long term side effects have been found in vaccines since records began?

We’ve also got footballers unfit for months because they caught Covid. “Seeing their colleagues drop on the pitch” you’ll have some evidence for this is assume? Last data I checked there’s been no increase.

“VAERS reports” ah there we go, you’re listening to mental Yanks on the internet. It’s the yellow card system in this country and it’s got less quality control than Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Many say it's pure coincidence as that suits their stance. However there is no way I would have another.
Both my kids are fully jabbed and that's up to them. But I won't be and yes I've had covid so hopefully built up a natural immunity.

3 days after the jab is not a long term side effect and again, they make no secret that this is a very rare but possible implication. I imagine in your specific case you’d be advised either not to have it again or have a different type, but you were genuinely just extremely unfortunate.

And I totally get why you wouldn’t want to get another one.

chiefdave

“VAERS reports” ah there we go, you’re listening to mental Yanks on the internet. It’s the yellow card system in this country and it’s got less quality control than Wikipedia.
Yellow card is the self reporting one isn't it? If we go off that one of the side effects of the vaccine is pregnancy!

MalcSB

For many of those who have dropped on the pitch, it has been reported that they hadn’t had the vaccine. None have been reported as having had the vaccine.

Frostie

Sorry to hear of your ill health mate.
Serious question though, could it not more likely be brought on by the after effects of Covid as seen elsewhere rather than the vaccine?

speedie87

if they did call matches off for a week, they should also try and arrange for players to be given their boosters at the start of that week, as fair enough not wanting ur booster if got a match the next day and potentially feeling a bit under weather

Torquay Sky Blue

Sorry to hear of your ill health mate.
Serious question though, could it not more likely be brought on by the after effects of Covid as seen elsewhere rather than the vaccine?
No idea mate . Maybe coincidental , may of been brought on by covid . All I do know is I'm not prepared to have another just in case. I also think there's a lot of people out there ,who like me have received adverse after effects . We are the ones the government and medical profession don't like talking about .

On another note I would of been at the game on Saturday with a negative LFT result quite possibly sitting next to an untested fully jabbed person carrying the disease. Not sure how I feel about that 🤔

Frostie

No idea mate . Maybe coincidental , may of been brought on by covid . All I do know is I'm not prepared to have another just in case. I also think there's a lot of people out there ,who like me have received adverse after effects . We are the ones the government and medical profession don't like talking about .

On another note I would of been at the game on Saturday with a negative LFT result quite possibly sitting next to an untested fully jabbed person carrying the disease. Not sure how I feel about that 🤔

That's absolutely understandable mate, even if it is a coincidence fully understand why you'd want to err on side of caution.

My dad had a reaction to first 2 vaccines, thankfully nothing too serious but caused a nasty rash all over his body. Thankfully didn't put him off getting Booster & he's been fine since that.

I read this in last few days & thought it interesting.

Torquay Sky Blue

Klopp in his interview is fair enough - if clubs are getting games called off through the players having poor vaccine uptakes then they should face fines if games are abandoned
Well as there's more jabbed players than non jabbed . There's obviously more jabbed players testing positive. So if he actually said that, he's making a dick of himself there.

Users who are viewing this thread