Actual Nazis in America (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

The only positive is that we will soon have £350M a week pumped into the NHS and we will all have more money in our pockets.

Yes and I'm still waiting for my house price to collapse, mortgage to double and this emergency budget imediately after a leave vote oh and world war 3. Shall we wait together?

Sick Boy

Yes and I'm still waiting for my house price to collapse, mortgage to double and this emergency budget imediately after a leave vote oh and world war 3. Shall we wait together?

I wonder how we'd have fared without the Bank of England pumping money into the economy?

NorthernWisdom

you could also flip that around and say people are desperate to find good news that isn't there.
As I said in a previous post, I think the economic pointers are a little confusing and no one can say for sure which way this will pan out.

My opinion, for what it's worth, will be we will enter a brexit induced recession, it won't be the end of the world, we'll come out the other side to be no better off than we were, but remainers will be pissed off at some of the benefits of EU membership we've lost, leavers will be pissed off at some of the concessions we'll have made during divorce proceedings and we'll all be asking ourselves was it really worth it?
I'll still believe we leave when I see it...

My prediction is that talks don't go anywhere fast, an extension to talks is agreed, the unpopularity of the government means that this affects the public's opinion towards Brexit whilst, meanwhile, the EU makes some general concessions to prevent such a vote happening in other countries.

Then Theresa May goes into the bathroom, sees David Cameron having a shower, and realises it's all been a bad dream.

After this, there'll be constant arguing about how the reboot of Britain and the EU compares to the previous series.

clint van damme

Just realised what thread this is on btw. Quite an achievement to shift quite so far, eh!

Anyway, to get back on topic Hitler bad, Stalin bad. Americans who like either of those two... bad.

there's been far more dramatic turns in threads than this to be fair!

martcov

No he clearly hasn't a clue about bond markets.

Couldn't give a toss about bond markets as we are talking about currency graphs and currency exchange rates relating to actual cash values of currencies... but you do like a deflection when your side is losing...

martcov

No it isn't but the dollar graph was. That what I was referring to. How many times can I tell you that. Even before the brexit vote the euro graph started falling 2 years from today and you haven't explained that? You haven't explained why the pound starting falling against the dollar even earlier in mid 2014?

You failed to acknowledge the bond markets also. Do you even know what they are? All this tells me you haven't got a clue or you are just will fully ignoring it which wouldn't shock me. Which one is it?

You were talking about exchange rates not the bond market. You got confused on the currency values and now you are deflecting to the bond markets - which are not shown on your or Schmee's graphs.

martcov

No it isn't but the dollar graph was. That what I was referring to. How many times can I tell you that. Even before the brexit vote the euro graph started falling 2 years from today and you haven't explained that? You haven't explained why the pound starting falling against the dollar even earlier in mid 2014?

You failed to acknowledge the bond markets also. Do you even know what they are? All this tells me you haven't got a clue or you are just will fully ignoring it which wouldn't shock me. Which one is it?

This one?

"Europe’s biggest power company by market value is steering clear of pound-denominated bonds because of the uncertainty caused by the U.K.’s decision to exit the European Union."

Sick Boy

For what it's worth, I still think we will end up with something similar to Norway and have FoM in all but name.

Kingokings204

You were talking about exchange rates not the bond market. You got confused on the currency values and now you are deflecting to the bond markets - which are not shown on your or Schmee's graphs.

Not a clue what you are on about. Nothing new. Deluded

Kingokings204

This one?

"Europe’s biggest power company by market value is steering clear of pound-denominated bonds because of the uncertainty caused by the U.K.’s decision to exit the European Union."

What's that got to do with my post you quoted. I agree with the comment.

Grendel

Q
The Euro was supposed to be on the verge of collapse

Well the euro is essentially a German led currency. It permits the crippled Southern Europe country's to borrow at insanely low rates

German banks have negative interest rates against an inflation rate of 2% - at some point the European Bank will have to consider rate rises as that is not sustainable. Then countries like Greece and Portugal will default.

So yes it's a real possibility and really has zero to do with exchange.

chiefdave

The only positive is that we will soon have £350M a week pumped into the NHS and we will all have more money in our pockets.
Makes you wonder why there's so many complaints about the divorce bill, will be less that a years money.

Grendel

Grendel

Great. We agree it was Brexit that has screwed the pound and that this may lead to the bond market shifting to safer currencies.

No as his point related to the currency we value against - the dollar.

The Euro against the pound other than one short period in 2015 what's always been pretty consistent - Daves chart shows this.

We are within 5% of levels we were at 5 years ago. You also see sharp declines during the 2008 crises followed by recovery.

So the pound isn't screwed at all is it?

Sick Boy

Why should we pay anything? The eu haven't a clue what we owe do they?

I'm sure that both parties have a figure in mind and we all know the UK will end up paying it to start trade talks.

Not paying its' way is really going to make the UK a trustworthy party to enter trade talks with to other countries, isn't it?

chiefdave

Why should we pay anything? The eu haven't a clue what we owe do they?
Because we have a share of the liabilities from our period of membership. The EU operates under a multi year budget. The current budget, agreed by the UK when we were still members, runs to 2020. We have committed to that so will have to pay for it. Some of it is an upfront payment to cover contingent liabilities agreed during our membership that will be reimbursed should those liabilities not occur.

Then you've got things like our contribution to EU employees pensions and the costs to the EU of us leaving such as moving offices based in the UK and decommissioning programs that benefit the UK.

They aren't plucking numbers out of thin air, there is a methodology on the EU side, as far as I'm aware we haven't given the methodology we believe should be used:
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sit...ential-principles-draft-position-paper_en.pdf
The variance in the numbers being thrown around is because there is also money that will be due to the UK. Some people are only quoting liabilities, others are giving a net figure but maximising or minimising the amount we will rebate from the EU.

Grendel

I'm sure that both parties have a figure in mind and we all know the UK will end up paying it to start trade talks.

Not paying its' way is really going to make the UK a trustworthy party to enter trade talks with to other countries, isn't it?

Paying what? What's the formula? I think European business will want trade talks soon.

They were even trying to say future aid projects overseas should be part of the bill

Non. The rest of Europe can pay for that.

Sick Boy

Paying what? What's the formula? I think European business will want trade talks soon.

They were even trying to say future aid projects overseas should be part of the bill

Non. The rest of Europe can pay for that.

Ahh yes just like how you predicted all those makers of German cars and Italian wine would guarantee Britain a great deal ha ha ha

clint van damme

If you get 20 minutes watch this. Shows what idiots the left are

Infowars - run by Alex Jones who said the Sandy Hook school massacre was a fake and the pictures of children who died were posed by child actors. It lead to the families of the deceased being harassed by conspiracy theorists, but the left are idiots, OK mate!

The Lurker

Infowars - run by Alex Jones who said the Sandy Hook school massacre was a fake and the pictures of children who died were posed by child actors. It lead to the families of the deceased being harassed by conspiracy theorists, but the left are idiots, OK mate!

so you refuse to talk about the video? Ok mate!

Users who are viewing this thread