Butts Park Arena is new home (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill83

It would need to be more than 20k moving forward, but I'd need a fresh pair of boxers if this did happen.

hill83

Obviously this whole article could be utter bollocks, but it's amusing watching Italia prancing from pillar to post in tears.

italiahorse

That seems a plan. Unfortunately the recent history of our football club suggests a well thought through long term strategy is not what we are likely to get. But as ever I remain hopeful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fans could relate to a 10 year plan and Sisu would sound more realistic if they talked around a timed plan.
A 10 year rolling deal with an opt out when the stadium is ready is the way forward and gives everybody peace of mind.

Monkeyface

Shit, I'd be able to walk to a city centre pub, have a few, walk to the ground, walk back to town for a few more, then walk home... when can we move?

letsallsingtogether

It Will be a similar ground to Doncaster one of the worst new grounds I have been to.

Pipehitterz

SERIOUS QUESTION
do you really think we would EVER get higher than that standard?
swansea have it fine with their 21,000 stadium
you sound like stachen when he said we were 25 years away from being as good as man utd!!!
20,000 stadium is good and plenty for the nest 25 years for ccfc
The location is great being in town. The club would however have to try and aim for the majority of the crowd to come by public transport. In London for example many of the stadiums have almost no parking for supporters and they have no problems.

The issuor me is that we would hit a celling on where we could go as a club. If we remained a Championship/League One club for our remaining future, 20,000 would be perfect. However if we became a stable Premier League club, 20,000 isn't enough. Look at clubs similar to our size like Leicester, Southampton and even Stoke. It really limits where we could progress to as a club.

torchomatic

Can't see why it needs to be 20K "at least" to start with. We're only getting 12K now and look how well we are doing.

It we had a smaller capacity maybe it would encourage more to get season tickets, so the majority of gates are STH.

And, a poor deal with Wasps at the ricoh is L1 territory too.

Needs to be 20,000 at least to begin with. If not how does the maths stand up as to possible 32,000 tickets while renting at the Ricoh? We keep being told it's all about the revenue and ticket sales is the biggest part of that by a long shot. At 12,000 - 15,000 its cutting our revenue potential by over half to two thirds overnight. That's league 1/2 territory. Renting or not.

Moff

Tears of laughter.

If you say so, you always get your knickers in a twist and then claim you arent serious.
Just like all those times you flounced off from the forum only to come back the next day, of course that was all a great joke as well. Classic Italia. :laugh:

Specs WT-R75

You know what... 20k seats is plenty enough... you never know with safe standing might get more than that.

I wouldn't need to drive - can jump on ANY bus in to town.

Fans can come by train and short walk.

Seriously what is not to like IF it happened.

If we got back to the Premier League, we could always rent the Ricoh for the handful of games that would need more seats...

Oh, and once again egg on the face of the Telegraph - what is going on with them.

skybluelee

It would be a nonsense to build it as a 12K stadium IF we were to achieve promotion this season.

Love the idea of the location and a partnership with Cov rugby though.

letsallsingtogether

Can't see why it needs to be 20K "at least" to start with. We're only getting 12K now and look how well we are doing.

It we had a smaller capacity maybe it would encourage more to get season tickets, so the majority of gates are STH.

We get you and your mates coming on here slagging the fickle CCFC fans for not going now your happy with a ground that holds 12,000.
There is a lot of double standards gong on here.
Why should it matter if we have more season tickets holders less is better.
This season we have nearly a 50/50 mix season ticket to day ticket.
The more that pay full price the more the club makes surely.

I would like to see it at he Butts but it is just to small a site, to be fair you could park in town give the council your money and then walk in.
But I am sure if we got promoted the ground would be to small or are we all happy with staying in this shit league?

Grendel

We could do inflate prices as when demand exceeds supply......

skybluetony176

If we don't build it with at least 20k in the first place chances are we'll never need a 20k stadium unless someone turns up and buys the club and is willing to throw a shed load of cash at the team like what's happened at Bournemouth.

We're just going backwards all the time. We won't even have what we had when we leave HR let alone the Ricoh.

To be honest I find talk of 12-15k quite insulting as a Coventry fan and I struggle to see why any fan wouldn't when you look at what we've achieved in the past. It wouldn't have happened at a 12k stadium. It's hardly inspiring for fans of players and could end up doing more damage than the original rental arrangement at the Ricoh.

Grendel

We get you and your mates coming on here slagging the fickle CCFC fans for not going now your happy with a ground that holds 12,000.

I would like to see it at he Butts but it is just to small a site, to be fair you could park in town give the council your money and then walk in.
But I am sure if we got promoted the ground would be to small or are we all happy with staying in this shit league?

You could double the price and get a definate revenue which is the same as 24,000 at the Ricoh. Reducing capacity isn't a bad idea. I'd pay £600 for a season ticket

hill83

You could double the price and get a definate revenue which is the same as 24,000 at the Ricoh. Reducing capacity isn't a bad idea. I'd pay £600 for a season ticket

Yeah, that wouldn't work.

Grendel

Yeah, that wouldn't work.

It would in the championship.

We will not be going to the butts but it's a laugh anyway.

letsallsingtogether

Yes but you are a big man on a Big wage, what about those that are on the minimum wage that is nearly 3 weeks wages for them.
And how many will pay £600 for this shit league or even in the Championship?

Grendel

If we don't build it with at least 20k in the first place chances are we'll never need a 20k stadium unless someone turns up and buys the club and is willing to throw a shed load of cash at the team like what's happened at Bournemouth.

We're just going backwards all the time. We won't even have what we had when we leave HR let alone the Ricoh.

To be honest I find talk of 12-15k quite insulting as a Coventry fan and I struggle to see why any fan wouldn't when you look at what we've achieved in the past. It wouldn't have happened at a 12k stadium. It's hardly inspiring for fans of players and could end up doing more damage than the original rental arrangement at the Ricoh.

I wouldn't give a fuck. I'd be buying a season ticket. How about you?

torchomatic

Yes, if we stay at the Ricoh we will go backwards, which is why we need our own home. I would want more than 12K but it's a start. Not sure why you're "insulted" with the proposed initial capacity. Look at crowds this season despite being a point of the top and unbeaten at home. Maybe you should wonder why the stayaways aren't attending.

Hopefully, that won't make LAST start crying again about "slagging" off fans. If people can't be arsed to turn up then that's their problem.

Nick

Administrator
If it's a small capacity, if it can be upgraded easily in a close season then it's not too much of an issue.

Imagine the atmosphere after the improvement of fans being in one stand.

torchomatic

Who said I was happy? TO START WITH. You baby.

SlowerThanPlatt

20k would be good until (very unlikely) we get into the Prem. Even with 16k it would feel quite full.

It won't happen though. It's a ploy to get a better rent deal.

maddog

The location is great being in town. The club would however have to try and aim for the majority of the crowd to come by public transport. In London for example many of the stadiums have almost no parking for supporters and they have no problems.

The issue for me is that we would hit a celling on where we could go as a club. If we remained a Championship/League One club for our remaining future, 20,000 would be perfect. However if we became a stable Premier League club, 20,000 isn't enough. Look at clubs similar to our size like Leicester, Southampton and even Stoke. It really limits where we could progress to as a club.
Absolutely spot on. Coventry City should never think theyare smalltime or thatishow we will end up.

pusbccfc

SERIOUS QUESTION
do you really think we would EVER get higher than that standard?
swansea have it fine with their 21,000 stadium
you sound like stachen when he said we were 25 years away from being as good as man utd!!!
20,000 stadium is good and plenty for the nest 25 years for ccfc

Yes I do. Things can change quickly in football as we have seen in recent years with Leicester, Southampton and even Bournemouth. We have as much potential as any of them clubs being a once club city.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread