Butts Park Arena is new home (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiahorse

If you say so, you always get your knickers in a twist and then claim you arent serious.
Just like all those times you flounced off from the forum only to come back the next day, of course that was all a great joke as well. Classic Italia. :laugh:

Never ever said I'd leave the forum. Too much knowledge to pass on.
Where do you get your info from ?

Rob S

Not wanting to get in the way of a good ol' SBT digital punch-up but...

1. Some local media et al pushing the idea of a 10-year Ricoh deal for CCFC
  2. CRFC on the verge of signing up the freehold
  3. Rumours start about the Butts Arena for CCFC (Side note: From who and why?)
  4. A certain media outlet (known for its relationship with the local council) post an article rubbishing other media outlets' stories
  5. Another media outlet publish a story giving more details (essentially rebutting 4.)
  6. And here we are now...

Ultimately, it's a choice between a rental deal at the Ricoh or a stadium for CCFC. If they can continue with planning for a city centre site then the stadium will have to go ahead. If the council refuse then they will have done over the club for a second time. What do fans & residents want?

I'm sure there will be people who would prefer the club to rent, but then you have to ask yourself why and what is their track record in how they support the club's development?

ajsccfc

The real trick to getting likes is to call Grendel mates with Tim Fisher and then throw in a devilish pun about one or either of their names. Scientific gold.

torchomatic

With this season being so good I'm wondering where everyone is. That's not slagging them off. I'm saying if we can't even get over 12K now then a move to a 15K stadium would be more than adequate to start with. Seriously, it's not that difficult to understand. Still, I know since the Hill days you like to play the victim, that's fine.

And, yet again, you show your lack of understanding. I never said I was happy. I said (for the millionth time) to start with.

So you have never had a go at there being only 12000 at the Ricoh?
But you are happy with a ground that holds only 12000..

Your right I should read the post.

Just waiting for the inevitable:thinking about:

Otis

A nice compact 20k stadium in town would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

We do really well on the pitch and 20,000 isn't going to be anywhere near enough. We know if we got to the top end of the Championship or Premier League, would be getting over 20,000 easily, regularly (Wolves, Villa, Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc.)

We extend to a maximum of just over 20,000 and you can bound sure when we get to the Premier we'll be moaning it's not nearly enough.

italiahorse

You could double the price and get a definate revenue which is the same as 24,000 at the Ricoh. Reducing capacity isn't a bad idea. I'd pay £600 for a season ticket

Why not have a 5000 seater stadium and charge £2000 a season ticket and £100 a game?
We could just move in to the Butts as it is.
It could be restricted to us rich fans. You know, the ones that are season ticket holders at Wasps and CCFC?

FFS you couldn't write it.

letsallsingtogether

Why not have a 5000 seater stadium and charge £2000 a season ticket and £100 a game?
It could be restricted to us rich fans. You know, the ones that are season ticket holders at Wasps and CCFC?

Don't give them ideas.
Then again they would have to buy the land from the council, then take them to court for charging them the going rate, by that time most of us oldies will be dead.

skybluetony176

Eh? Make up your mind. First it's an insult as it's such a small capacity and now it's going to be half empty. My pea sized brain is confused by your flip flopping.

And I did laugh out loud at the bit where you say he was smirking as SISU will get one over everyone. The majority of this forum were orgasmic when Wasps rolled into town and did one over on SISU. OK, so it fucked the club over too, but hell, it was worth it wasn't it, just to get one over on "Timmy" et al.

No your pea sized brain is too small to understand that 12k will only make the club a former shadow of itself on a bad day. What's the average crowd for a league two club let alone a bottom half league two club? What's the average windfall bonus of a cup run a season for a league 2 club? It doesn't add up to a fat lot in the football world. We'll struggle for crowds, that's why it will be half empty and that will be a product of the lack of ambition and awareness of the opportunity a one club city with the population of Coventry and the wider area has.

And as for Grendulls magical plan of charging more for tickets that's only going drive down demand and increase prices further. It's right up there with the Marjorie Doors diet of if it's half the fat so you can eat twice as much. Genius.

italiahorse

Yes, if we stay at the Ricoh we will go backwards, which is why we need our own home. I would want more than 12K but it's a start. Not sure why you're "insulted" with the proposed initial capacity. Look at crowds this season despite being a point of the top and unbeaten at home. Maybe you should wonder why the stayaways aren't attending.

Hopefully, that won't make LAST start crying again about "slagging" off fans. If people can't be arsed to turn up then that's their problem.

How do you know that staying at the Ricoh is going backwards?
You have seen nothing from Sisu to show how it would be better.
What other incomes would come from a 12,000 seater stadium ?
What incomes would be generated from an out of town facility?
Surely you need to see something of a business plan rather than keep following blindly?

Hobo

The location is great but tight. You could get a 12000-15000 stadium with a lot of investment.

but there would be no room for parking or the accommodation for the additional outlets/revenue streams SISU have been preaching they need.

unless CCC are planning on knocking the Spon End estate down and building a stadium on there I can't see it happening.

It will just give them an excuse to protract rental negotiations and court cases.

Samo

Girls girls! Really, keep some dignity.

Samo

The location is great but tight. You could get a 12000-15000 stadium with a lot of investment.

but there would be no room for parking or the accommodation for the additional outlets/revenue streams SISU have been preaching they need.

unless CCC are planning on knocking the Spon End estate down and building a stadium on there I can't see it happening.

It will just give them an excuse to protract rental negotiations and court cases.

They could buy up the derelict boozer over the road, Plenty of room for shops and food joints there.

Hobo

If Higfield Road didn't have the land to develope then can I point out the Butts is smaller.

stupot07

We do really well on the pitch and 20,000 isn't going to be anywhere near enough. We know if we got to the top end of the Championship or Premier League, would be getting over 20,000 easily, regularly (Wolves, Villa, Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc.)

We extend to a maximum of just over 20,000 and you can bound sure when we get to the Premier we'll be moaning it's not nearly enough.

Given we're unlikely to get back to being PL regulars it's not likely to be a problem.

20k is only marginally smaller than HR. How do other teams manage it? The likes of QPR, Burnley, Watford when they are near the top of the championship?

Leeds and Sheffield United have massive grounds but are not looking anywhere near PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Sounds like a plan to make people give up on CCFC and start going to Wasps instead because it's more affordable to the average Joe in Coventry. I think Grendulls plan has just outed him as a double agent. He's clearly applying reverse psychology to promote Wasps.

letsallsingtogether

I would like to see our new Ground in the City and if it was near the centre even better.

But it needs to be right for our needs if we are serious about being a Championship or even a Prem team, as mentioned by our new Chief Ex

so they are able to extend it if needed but how long would that take? would we have a part of a season with only 3 stands and a capacity of less then 8000?

Just cant see it happening.

wingy

It's hard to take any of It seriously but I would love It from a selfish point of view.
I'm not sure CRFC fans would relish the regulated alk seater / Stewarded environment.
Parking, there Is a plethora just the other side of the ring Rd, underused frequently these days with the town on Its arse, and certainly at match times.
Drawback to that, It would take ages getting out of them afterwards and the club would make no money from It,I doubt they could come the billy big bullocks with NCP et Al
If this were a genuine plan It would need to be 25k.
I'm afraid as usual I'm a little sceptical and see this as posturing as we go into negotiation with Wasps..
I want to see some realism, I don't believe the money Is In place for most of the speculated plans.
At the very lest we need a five year extension or eight to give us ten years to prepare for the eventuality we may build, Wasps/ACL will know this.

skybluetony176

No car park income for the club then ?

No but the council will benefit from all the extra parking revenue in the town and no doubt from parking tickets in the area around the butts. Again Grendulls genius ideas are outing him as a double agent. He's not just promoting Wasps revenue streams he promoting CCC's as well. He's clearly overplayed his hand here and been found out.

letsallsingtogether

Given we're unlikely to get back to being PL regulars it's not likely to be a problem.

20k is only marginally smaller than HR. How do other teams manage it? The likes of QPR, Burnley, Watford when they are near the top of the championship?

Leeds and Sheffield United have massive grounds but are not looking anywhere near PL.

Well as our new CE said all fans want their team to be in the prem are you saying he is wrong?

just look at Leicester and their crowds as they rose through the leagues.

stupot07

Well as our new CE said all fans want their team to be in the prem are you saying he is wrong?

just look at Leicester and their crowds as they rose through the leagues.

You mean Leicester who averaged 20k+ in league one?

Everyone wants to be in the PL, but we have to be realistic, we're not likely to get back there, and even more unlikely to become a PL regular.

Whilst you're having a pop at me, we know that a matchday only rental deal with no/little access to matchday or additional revenues limits our turnover to one of the bottom 3-4 turnovers in the league. So by that token anyone who wants us to stay, commit long term and drop the stadium idea full stop obviously don't want us to get back to the PL.......

RegTheDonk

I think it's all bollocks to be honest.

They're going to need to pump in god knows how much to increase the capacity, then you've got all the potential problems about increasing parking, dealing with the council, transport and traffic. Just to have a stake in the place and get extra income.

Anderson only said last night on Mids Today he'd talk to the Ricoh if they wanted to let them play there rent free and WASPs keep the revenue. WTF? I thought it was all about needing streams for FFP? Contradictions and gamesmanship at every turn, no different from Fisher except the accent.

Do they think with the distraction of a decent run on the pitch and the team looking good, we've forgotten all the bullshit that's been spewing over the last couple of years?

Ah, ok just seen Gary's post above, posted at the same time. So Les Reid can't get his story straight now either.

Last edited:

italiahorse

With this season being so good I'm wondering where everyone is. That's not slagging them off. I'm saying if we can't even get over 12K now then a move to a 15K stadium would be more than adequate to start with. Seriously, it's not that difficult to understand. Still, I know since the Hill days you like to play the victim, that's fine.

And, yet again, you show your lack of understanding. I never said I was happy. I said (for the millionth time) to start with.

Why would we get more than 12,000 at this level ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Can you recieve a point deduction if you don't name where the club will play next year? Is there a deadline? Guessing last few weeks of the season

SkyBlue_Bear83

The location is great being in town. The club would however have to try and aim for the majority of the crowd to come by public transport. In London for example many of the stadiums have almost no parking for supporters and they have no problems.

The issue for me is that we would hit a celling on where we could go as a club. If we remained a Championship/League One club for our remaining future, 20,000 would be perfect. However if we became a stable Premier League club, 20,000 isn't enough. Look at clubs similar to our size like Leicester, Southampton and even Stoke. It really limits where we could progress to as a club.
I think once you get to the premier league, with a good infrastructure you should be able to compete on the television income alone.

Although I agree it is a little low but not massively. 18k initial with expansion to 25k would be my aim.

letsallsingtogether

You mean Leicester who averaged 20k+ in league one?

Everyone wants to be in the PL, but we have to be realistic, we're not likely to get back there, and even more unlikely to become a PL regular.

Whilst you're having a pop at me, we know that a matchday only rental deal with no/little access to matchday or additional revenues limits our turnover to one of the bottom 3-4 turnovers in the league. So by that token anyone who wants us to stay, commit long term and drop the stadium idea full stop obviously don't want us to get back to the PL.......

your right I want us to stay where we are in this shit league.

My argument is where are we going to make any money from a 12,000 seater ground with no room for facilities to accommodate opening it at non match days, except for small conference rooms that you can already get at any of the City established hotels.
So lets build this ground and then pay back more in loans to the ones that have financed it then we pay in rent currently, then there is the upkeep and everything else that goes with owning it, we will actually be worse off surely.

BTW our rental deal is £100,000/ season at the moment most clubs pay more then that just for the upkeep of their stadiums. So how are we in the bottom 3-4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread