Match Thread Coventry City at Crewe Alexandra Match Thread - Saturday 17th Mar (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Burge
Grimmer Hyam McDonald Stokes
Reid Bayliss Doyle Haynes
McNulty JCH

Or maybe Vincenti for Reid.

But Stokes and Haynes on the left.

Last edited:

Otis

I'd go for the Reid option, though he seems to be one of several players in our squad who seem incapable of lasting 90 minutes.
Yeah, it's a problem. Reid can't last 90 mins and nor can Shipley and Vincenti was running through treacle in that second half. McNulty, Biamou and JCH always tire too, but fully understand that with all the chasing they do.

wingy

As was suggested and ridiculed in another thread is there a switch that could employ Max in a wide role?

Otis

As was suggested and ridiculed in another thread is there a switch that could employ Max in a wide role?
Think you're just ridiculed, Wingy, just because you're Wingy.

I agree though. Think it is certainly an option.

Sky Blue Harry H

If Reid and Shipley can't manage a full 90, split the difference and use the one when the other has 'blown' a gasket. That said - I think Shipley could also cover for Bayliss in the middle. I can understand Vincenti running out of gas as he hasn't played a lot lately. Reid getting back to fitness, and Shipley getting over an injury.

wingy

If Reid and Shipley can't manage a full 90, split the difference and use the one when the other has 'blown' a gasket. That said - I think Shipley could also cover for Bayliss in the middle. I can understand Vincenti running out of gas as he hasn't played a lot lately. Reid getting back to fitness, and Shipley getting over an injury.
Really?
Why should Vincenti or Reid not be fit enough to get through 90?
I don't get that H ,sharpness and touch maybe ,but durability?

Otis

Okay, so best case scenario tomorrow:

Notts County and Mansfield draw, we win and gain 2 points on both.

Exeter fail to win also and we overtake them too.

Wycombe also fail to win.

We end up the day sitting smugly and snugly in 6th place.

Worst case scenario:

Everyone above us picks up points, we lose and Swindon, Lincoln and Carlisle all win, (Carlisle winning handsomely to nullify the 4 goal difference between us,) and they all overtake us and we end up in 10th.

It will probably end up somewhere between both, but just how how ecstatic will we be if it all falls into place and we find ourselves with scenario 1?

Johhny Blue

Exeter fail to win also and we overtake them too.

Wycombe also fail to win.

Worst case scenario:

Everyone above us picks up points, we lose and Swindon, Lincoln and Carlisle all win, (Carlisle winning handsomely to nullify the 4 goal difference between us,) and they all overtake us and we end up in 10th.

It will probably end up somewhere between both, but just how how ecstatic will we be if it all falls into place and we find ourselves with scenario 1?
But what if the Swindon game is postponed?

Sky Blue Harry H

Really?
Why should Vincenti or Reid not be fit enough to get through 90?
I don't get that H ,sharpness and touch maybe ,but durability?

Take your point - just seemed to be the consensus that Shipley, Vincenti & Reid were all blowing on Tuesday night. I was trying to think why that may be, and come up with a solution as to how best manage this if it were the case. On a side note hope you are ok mate, you sounded a bit low re CCFC the other day? PUSB!

stevefloyd

A win here won’t make last nights throwaway look half as bad. Lose or draw however and it will have been a bad week. Personally can not wait for this, last trip there was a memorable 5-0 romp with 3 coming from Armstrong.

Will be more hard fought this time, but I’m hopeful we can nick it 2-1.

Heading up there early on the train and straight to the away pub where the DJ played twist and shout about 17 times does anybody know the name of it?
Crewe express?

Ricketts

Exeter lose and we overtake them too.

Wycombe also lose.

If we are going for best case scenarion then the fixed version is better.

That Crewe match video shows what a skilfull attacking force we used to have, although people still moaned at the time. And what a pity Lameiras didnt fulfill his potential. Brilliant skill and made a mess of the easy bit.

I'd like to Vincente in the middle as thats his position. Leaves us struggling at right wing though unless Ponticelli fancies a crack.

Gynnsthetonic

Just gone to The Butts to get 2 Crewe tickets for me and me lad for tomorrow only to be told we don't sell tickets on a Friday afternoon and you can't pay on the day,
World's gone mad!!!

Gynnsthetonic

Any spares anybody,
Surely a Friday afternoon and saturday morning are the busiest times to sell football tickets, was in my youth anyway!

stupot07

Just seen a really interesting graphic of how much the table could change on Saturday, we could either go 6th or drop to 10th depending on results. The bottom half looks very tight too.
d47da17346ba7afc7da86f72f9c66db9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Just seen a really interesting graphic of how much the table could change on Saturday, we could either go 6th or drop to 10th depending on results. The bottom half looks very tight too.
d47da17346ba7afc7da86f72f9c66db9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I mentioned something similar earlier. Could be 6th, could be 10th.

Would be gutting to be kicked back out of the playoff positions and be overtaken by both Lincoln and Swindon.

We simply have to do our bit our end. We get the three points it won't be an issue.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m feeling very optimistic so I’m going to predict 3-0 to us.

JCH, McNulty and a midfielder.

I’d go with more or less unchanged from the Luton game. Reid was a little bit disappointing bar one cross and his shot.

tigersb

Orange weather warning for tomorrow
Snow and ice from 4pm onwards

wingy

Remember for those of you shooting up the M6 to look out for and give cheery wave to any Cov rugger types heading up to Liverpool .

Otis

Remember for those of you shooting up the M6 to look out for and give cheery wave to any Cov rugger types heading up to Liverpool .
Ahh, so that's where Caldy is!!

Been wondering for months now but could never be arsed to check.

Users who are viewing this thread