Match Thread Luton (3 Viewers)

lord_garrincha

Definitely 2 points dropped, but against 12 men, maybe a point isn't so bad.
It's one point gained. We did not deserve to win... BUT we are not losing, which is a positive... And I need one after watching that!

Liquid Gold

I’m relieved we didn’t lose. Could feel their goal coming as we tired and dropped deeper. Wish we’d made changes earlier.

Still happy with the point if we can back it up with a win against Wycombe.

steve cooper

I think this constant 2 games a week is taking its toll, not just on us but most teams who haven't got the squad to rotate.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That was far worse than last week's performance at Derby. Great to not concede but it's two points dropped and we will be fighting an awful relegation battle if we don't score goals.
We've shown no imagination at all, even the set pieces have been the same. We've not tested a poor defence.
Imagine you'd paid to go and watch that tonight.

Amazed that two strikers who looked so dangerous together just a few days ago were pretty much ineffectual this.

Don't expect them to be amazing every game but such a massive change is frustrating.

Esoterica

That was far worse than last week's performance at Derby. Great to not concede but it's two points dropped and we will be fighting an awful relegation battle if we don't score goals.
We've shown no imagination at all, even the set pieces have been the same. We've not tested a poor defence.
I think you'll feel differently in the morning. I'd have taken a point before the game (although still gone for 3) knowing it's Wycombe on Saturday. Tired looking performance overall though and some of Robins limitations exposed. No idea what Sheaf must think having started every week and then not got a minute for 3 matches, he'll be off the pace again when we need him. 7 points off relegation though

cc84cov

2 up front again beats Wycombe Saturday,his preferred 5 at the back keeps a clean sheet👏🏻

Osti MOTM always a threat from set pieces

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure I'd call that a poor defence. They were generally strong in the air - in fact I thought both sides' defences were really strong. McCallum had a good spell second half getting crosses in, but Dabo seemed a bit deeper throughout. It was a slog, but sometimes games are like that. They say the first thing you have to do is win the battle, and it felt like a bit of a slugfest that neither boxer could win.

Paxman II

Not a good game by any stretch but a clean sheet against a dogged side. Slightly disappointing, and I was expecting a late in off or own goal to settle it. But will accept another result, a point and onwards and upwards.

Londonccfcfan

I think you'll feel differently in the morning. I'd have taken a point before the game (although still gone for 3) knowing it's Wycombe on Saturday. Tired looking performance overall though and some of Robins limitations exposed. No idea what Sheaf must think having started every week and then not got a minute for 3 matches, he'll be off the pace again when we need him. 7 points off relegation though

Sheaf on for Shipley all day long.

He can carry the ball better too.

Subs wernt great.

DannyThomas_1981

Can't see Dabo and Potts sending each other Christmas cards this year; Dabo (who is always one of City's enforcers in these types of niggly matches - and I love him for it) had Potts in his sights.......

Liquid Gold

I said I’d have started Sheaf instead of O’Hare before the game. O’Hare being on still left the strikers isolated, especially as he tired, and Sheaf’s forward passing could have been useful. We’d also then have had Cal to come on as a game changer.

Users who are viewing this thread