Match Thread Luton (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Just last week you claimed that 3-5-2 leaked goals and that 4-5-1 was the only system that ensured we didn't concede at least 3 goals a game. You also stated at the time that limiting the oppo to not scoring goals should be our only objective i.e. 'we will not remain in this division by entertaining'.

What happens next? Surprisingly Robins ignored your usual nonsense and played 3-5-2 for the next 2 games limiting both teams to very few chances, conceding only 1 late goal and taking 4 points out of 6.

True to form - you then complain about the lack of attacking football. Jesus Christ - I have no words.

You have plenty of words you just never say anything

DannyThomas_1981

Glad you've managed to remember your password after seemingly forgetting it at the weekend.

From memory he was claiming that there was a problem with his Roller (and he was busy booking a taxi or something) just as Max was belting the ball in - and wasn't seen for the next 4 hours.

Esoterica

Also Wilson appears to be doing OK but has barely faced a shot on target in 4 games,
Gonna be an unpopular opinion but I still don't get a good feeling from him. He doesn't look like he feels he belongs there. His movements are jerky, everything he does seems a little rushed. There's something Burge-esque about him for me, constantly feel like there's an accident around the corner.

Covkid1968#

Cov kid 55

More like they bent him over and branded him on the arse.
Didn’t think the ref was that bad, bit fussy, but didn’t think he was overly against us. Agreed with the poster who felt Sheaf should have started, with O’Hare coming on as impact sub. Also, we miss Giles’s pace. It was a very, very poor game, and I was pleased the final whistle went, as I thought they were more likely to score than us. Relieved with the point.

DannyThomas_1981

You have plenty of words you just never say anything

Deny anything I have written. Last week you wanted defensive football with a focus on no goals conceded. Next two games we delivered that. You then complain about defensive football.

As I've often said - we could win the European League by a cricket score and you'd still find something negative to moan and complain about - you just can't help yourself.

Mucca Mad Boys

Decent point if we beat Wycombe. If not looks like two points dropped. Crying out for Sheaf again IMO. Though Kelly had a poor game by his standards on the ball.

I agree he wasn’t great on the ball, but his value is in what he does off the ball. Always getting clearances, interceptions and tackles and you see him point to other players to organise them.

It’s no surprise our defence and with it, our results have improved since Kelly has returned to the team. The definition of a key player.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

His kicking is better than Marko’s

I’m not so sure. It’s clear that Wilson has different instructions to Marosi. We’re a lot more direct with Wilson, which coincides with playing Baka/Biamou up front.

One thing that irked me every so often was a Marosi kick that flies over the wing back’s head...

Esoterica

One other observation: Hamer played 3 or 4 really poor final balls tonight - underhit, overhit, behind his target. Pinging a very sexy half volley across the pitch is one thing but threading a weighted through ball is another and tonight he looked every bit a defensive midfielder. Great little player but not a candidate for playing much higher up the pitch as I have seen suggested on here.

Sky Blue Harry H

Go back 6 games and a few on here were talking about us about to be 5 points adrift from safety - we've come a long way. Credit where it's due. People are now readjusting their expectations on the back of us having seemingly established a bit of a foothold in the league. Still a few ups and downs to go, but staying up will still be a great achievement all things considered (and I expect us to do it!!)

Mucca Mad Boys

One other observation Hamer played 3 or 4 really poor final balls tonight - underhit, overhit, behind his target. Pinging a very sexy half volley across the pitch is one thing but threading a weighted through ball is another and tonight he looked every bit a defensive midfielder. Great little player but not a candidate for playing much higher up the pitch as I have seen suggested on here.

Agreed, and even COH botched an opportunity or two too. Our final ball was off tonight as a whole. Hamer is a CM all day.

shmmeee

I agree he wasn’t great on the ball, but his value is in what he does off the ball. Always getting clearances, interceptions and tackles and you see him point to other players and organise them.

It’s no surprise our defence and with it, our results have improved since Kelly has returned to the team. The definition of a key player.

I agree defensively and he allows us to play wingbacks. I just think we miss Sheafs calmness and height and passing. I’d like to see us give him a go ahead of O’Hare for a few games.

Users who are viewing this thread