Mason Greenwood (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Read up a bit on abusive relationships then you'll have an idea. Plus he's minted.

Her staying with him should negate the fact he physically and sexually abused her. She literally has video, audio and pictures of what he did. It's no wonder women don't come forward when it happens to them when people are so easy to dismiss what he did with all that evidence.
Is there video and pictures? The CPS seem to think there is only audio and not of any assault?

If there is video of a sexual attack then the CPS will proceed even without the victim. As I said the regularly proceed with abuse cases without the victim and even when the victim is a hostile witness. The Caroline Flack case was one such a case.

SkyBlueMatt

Is there video and pictures? The CPS seem to think there is only audio and not of any assault?

If there is video of a sexual attack then the CPS will proceed even without the victim. As I said the regularly proceed with abuse cases without the victim and even when the victim is a hostile witness. The Caroline Flack case was one such a case.

There were some swirling around on social media when it happened but none are of the actual assault.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

There were some swirling around on social media when it happened but none are of the actual assault.
And that is the reason there is lack of appetite to pursue from the CPS - other than 1 audio clip there isn’t any further corroborative evidence.

As someone said earlier - he’s a misogynistic c**t, but no evidence of any further wrongdoing

skybluecam

He’s an obvious wrongun from what came out. Can’t believe in this day and age of PR and political correctness he’s likely getting to play again, and sadly all will be forgotten if he scores a few goals (a la Ronaldo, Partey etc)

Reactions: vow

stupot07

And that is the reason there is lack of appetite to pursue from the CPS - other than 1 audio clip there isn’t any further corroborative evidence.

As someone said earlier - he’s a misogynistic c**t, but no evidence of any further wrongdoing

There is evidence of verbal abuse, sexual assault and attempted rape. It's all in the audio and transcript.

The stats are something like 67k rapes happen a year, and only 1.7k perpetrators are convicted. Under your logic, those 65.3k are just misogynistic c**ts, as they haven't been convicted.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

David O'Day

There is evidence of verbal abuse, sexual assault and attempted rape. It's all in the audio and transcript.

The stats are something like 67k rapes happen a year, and only 1.7k perpetrators are convicted. Under your logic, those 65.3k are just misogynistic c**ts, as they haven't been convicted.

Sadly there isn't, the audio ends before any assault occurs, she has withdrawn her support and would testify no actual assault took place.

Yes, the rape conviction rates in this country are shocking, the Ched Evans case is a highlight that shows simply introducing the fact a victim liked consenting sex with other people can get a not guilty verdict.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

No you’re assuming there’s sexual assault and attempted rape - the audio ends prior to that.

now if the victim continued the allegations - then the audio would corroborate the mens rea aspect of the crime, however she’s withdrew the complaint. Without the allegation you’re left with assumptions

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Rape convictions are low as the standard of any criminal case is “beyond reasonable doubt” the issue is that the evidence gathering process is usually bungled or poorly handled by the police and CPS.

The problem is that it very often becomes his word against hers. Which is another reason the rate is so low. It’s why the Goodwillie situation bemuses me.

They all admitted having sex - but on the consent issue there was a bouncer who gave a statement stating that she wasn’t in any fit state to do anything let alone consent - for whatever reason the CPS didn’t pursue it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think it's quite difficult to compare this case to what happens in regular society, although there are of course similarities.

People that are abused are often pushed down for so long by their partner that eventually they lose all self-worth and it becomes almost a strange kind of Stockholm Syndrome. In these cases you can see that this person is destroyed. For the situation with Mason Greenwood, I have to admit that it is hard not to get carried away with the idea that his missus dropped the case and got back with him for other reasons.

The reason I say this is that in reality a lot of abused people question their own sanity and begin to think they might be the problem. They are forced to be isolated and therefore have nothing to level against and no one to turn to. They become reliant on their abuser. Here you have millions of people online and out loud having heard the evidence and have validated that he is a piece of shit. There is also by all accounts what looks like sufficient proof something pretty nasty went on... So is it a case of being frightened and manipulated back into it, or just putting up with it for the benefits that come with being with someone that is loaded and famous?

There are many women, but also a hell of a lot of men who are in abusive relationships. Sexual, physical, emotional. I've lost several friends due to coercive control from women and I have genuinely heard those situations laughed off. Flip the genders and people would be talking about prison sentences for some of the stuff that's happened. It makes me pissed off with this, firstly because he is a piece of shit and will get away with it, but also because here it could have been dealt with, but hasn't been. In the real world so many people don't have the chance or resources to get justice, and get forgotten about.

LastGarrison

The irony of the last two posts, on a thread such as this, is off the scale!

A well known female celebrity speaks out against the abhorrent behaviour of Greenwood, when she really didn’t have to, and then rather than supporting her stance she gets slagged off for not being from Manchester and ‘typically’ making it ‘all about her’.

And people wonder why some women don’t feel comfortable with calling these things out…..

Brighton Sky Blue

A well known female celebrity speaks out against the abhorrent behaviour of Greenwood, when she really didn’t have to, and then rather than supporting her stance she gets slagged off for not being from Manchester and ‘typically’ making it ‘all about her’.

And people wonder why some women don’t feel comfortable with calling these things out…..
I’d say the same thing regardless of the gender of the person saying it. She’s welcome to support Southend

David O'Day

I would also say they same thing if she was a bloke called Dave.

Now fuck off you sanctimonious waste of a wank.

Greggs

That David ODay is a nasty peice of work. Worst of all he thinks people like him and he's one of the 'lads'. Vile cretin he is

NorthernWisdom

Shades of Anne Lucas sneaking into the Ricoh in disguise...

SBT

Sorry Rachel, you almost made a decent moral stand there, but unfortunately you can’t support your dad’s team at all because it’s been deemed you live too far away by [checks notes] Brighton Sky Blue.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sorry Rachel, you almost made a decent moral stand there, but unfortunately you can’t support your dad’s team at all because it’s been deemed you live too far away by [checks notes] Brighton Sky Blue.
I agree that Greenwood probably shouldn’t return to professional football. I disagree with people from [checks notes] Essex supporting the likes of Man Utd. Apparently what Greenwood has done is the final straw but Ryan Giggs’ shenanigans over most of his adult life didn’t meet the threshold.

David O'Day

I agree that Greenwood probably shouldn’t return to professional football. I disagree with people from [checks notes] Essex supporting the likes of Man Utd. Apparently what Greenwood has done is the final straw but Ryan Giggs’ shenanigans over most of his adult life didn’t meet the threshold.
I also don't think they should take him back.

I just do not think it is helpfully if the story becomes about someone else. If Usian Bolt had said they same thing i'd still feel the same way.

SBT

Just think it’s a bit weird to call someone out who’s trying to take a moral stance (that you agree with!) because they’re not morally pure enough on another totally unrelated and comparatively trivial issue.

(Personally I’ve got no problem if you support the team your parents support, even if they’ve since moved away - I know my kids will be anyway)

Brighton Sky Blue

Just think it’s a bit weird to call someone out who’s trying to take a moral stance (that you agree with!) because they’re not morally pure enough on another totally unrelated and comparatively trivial issue.

(Personally I’ve got no problem if you support the team your parents support, even if they’ve since moved away - I know my kids will be anyway)
The South East must have a particularly high concentration of Mancunian diaspora then. Man Utd have in the past welcomed back Eric Cantona despite him kung fu kicking a fan at a game, appointed Ryan Giggs as manager despite him having the morals of a sewer rat, and also welcomed back Harry Maguire despite his antics in Greece. They also stood by Dwight Yorke during his more ‘frisky’ years.

Why is this case the threshold? Supporting a club primarily because of how good the team is versus it being your home club, you’ll be less bothered about not following them anymore.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The South East must have a particularly high concentration of Mancunian diaspora then. Man Utd have in the past welcomed back Eric Cantona despite him kung fu kicking a fan at a game, appointed Ryan Giggs as manager despite him having the morals of a sewer rat, and also welcomed back Harry Maguire despite his antics in Greece. They also stood by Dwight Yorke during his more ‘frisky’ years.

Why is this case the threshold? Supporting a club primarily because of how good the team is versus it being your home club, you’ll be less bothered about not following them anymore.
I always find “supporting your home club” a bit archaic.

there was a time that your home club was literally the only chance you got to see football. Nowadays every game can pretty much be found and the reach of every team is available to pretty much anyone

ultimately you’re going to gravitate towards success, as we’ve found, it’s a long slog involving in-fighting and depression when supporting a less successful club

SBT

I don’t know why this is the threshold but if she’s doing the right thing now then I’m not too fussed.

But maybe you’re right and she should just apologise for her ideological impurity and stay quiet instead.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t know why this is the threshold but if she’s doing the right thing now then I’m not too fussed.

But maybe you’re right and she should just apologise for her ideological impurity and stay quiet instead.
When we signed Marlon King did you stop going to matches?

SBT

When we signed Marlon King did you stop going to matches?
No, and I suppose that precludes me from any and all social activism in the future.

Not that I should be even supporting Coventry at all, there was a perfectly good Southern League team right there on my doorstep. Shameful.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, and I suppose that precludes me from any and all social activism in the future.

Not that I should be even supporting Coventry at all, there was a perfectly good Southern League team right there on my doorstep. Shameful.
OK, so let's suppose we were to sign a similar character in the next few weeks. Would you stop going then?

Otis

I think Greenwood should be allowed to play football again.

But I just don't think he can, or should play in this country and will have to ply his trade abroad.

SBT

OK, so let's suppose we were to sign a similar character in the next few weeks. Would you stop going then?
Similar to Marlon King or Mason Greenwood? I wouldn’t stop supporting the team, but I would be firmly opposed to either signing. Would I be allowed to speak out against it or have I missed my window in your eyes?

Brighton Sky Blue

Similar to Marlon King or Mason Greenwood? I wouldn’t stop supporting the team, but I would be firmly opposed to either signing. Would I be allowed to speak out against it or have I missed my window in your eyes?
For some reason a disagreement gets conflated with supporting censorship

SBT

For some reason a disagreement gets conflated with supporting censorship
Honestly lads, this morality points system is crazy, just wanted to tweet about Mason Greenwood but all the posts have been reserved for the 1000+ brigade who’ve been going on since the Marlon King days, won’t even get a shot at Wembley at this rate.

Users who are viewing this thread