Mason Greenwood (1 Viewer)

djr8369

probably, the defence would likely call her as a witness as well.

*Once again, this is not me or the CPS believing he is innocent just that the CPS don't believe they could get a jury to convict.
It’s frustrating because as soon as it’s not guilty or case dropped a lot of people assume innocence. Of course we’ve got to be careful with judging people but I’m this case the public ally available evidence seems pretty damming

NorthernWisdom

I find the need for a conviction a strange take personally. There are countless cases of people committing a crime and not getting convicted for it. If your whole moral compass is based on complete faith in the justice system, then fair enough, but it's not a stance I can agree with. The audio is there for everyone to hear. Any 'we don't know what happened before/after' is just nonsense. He beat her up. If there was any evidence suggesting it was false allegations/it wasn't him in the audio, it would have come to light a long time ago. She took him back like many domestic abuse victims do. Especially when said person can have a huge influence on your 'status' or 'quality of life'.

He doesn't have to be convicted of a crime to be fired from a job. All of us would be fired if an audio of that came to light and was sent to our employers. Also, if this was Diego Dalot/Harry Maguire/a youth team player, they would be got rid of. They're holding on to him because he is a financial asset. So, now their ethics lie entirely on financial gain which is deplorable for an institution like Manchester United.

I wouldn't care if he was convicted of the crime or not, if City were signing him, I'd be done with attending until he left/the person who made that decision had been forced out.
There has to be a boundary somewhere though, and however unsavoury I'd be very concerned if employability was based on populism without full access to the facts, or qualifications to judge.

That doesn't mean I'd be happy if he rocked up at CCFC - much like Ched Evans who seems a total bastard but has used his money to manipulate a result in his favour.

But ultimately neither are guilty in the eyes of the law, and as such they have to be allowed to pursue their trade however much he seems a total scumbag, should somebody wish to employ such a character. Whether a club's internal policies should allow that is maybe another matter.

And yeah it's sad how clubs judge on how much benefit that are - witness justifications for King (who was found guilty and showed no regret, indeed he and the manager tried to cast shade in the direction of his victim) Vs us sacking Thornton for drink driving.

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s frustrating because as soon as it’s not guilty or case dropped a lot of people assume innocence. Of course we’ve got to be careful with judging people but I’m this case the public ally available evidence seems pretty damming
This - hence why it’s shocking when victims get hammered as lying post decision. “It’s not guilty” not innocent

Greggs

yawn, back on ignore you go. So many chances
???? You are strange. Just think it's odd that they're still together after a massive court case and trial where she accused him of such vile behaviour. As odd as you.

Ian1779

???? You are strange. Just think it's odd that they're still together after a massive court case and trial where she accused him of such vile behaviour. As odd as you.
Give us the highlights of the trial why don’t you…..

SkyBlueMatt

Why the hostility? Just find it odd they're still together, or is that opinion not allowed on here?!

Read up a bit on abusive relationships then you'll have an idea. Plus he's minted.

Her staying with him should negate the fact he physically and sexually abused her. She literally has video, audio and pictures of what he did. It's no wonder women don't come forward when it happens to them when people are so easy to dismiss what he did with all that evidence.

covcity4life

No one is saying it changes what he did.

Just saying she's an idiot too. Let sbe honest only got with him cos a footballer. Only stayed with him cos footballer. Only got back with him cos footballer.

Her family didn't bring her up well it could be argued.

Regardless she didn't deserve what happened and he deserves everything that is thrown at him.

Two different things really.

Greggs

Still don’t know what you mean. Obviously it’s ‘part of the story’ if it’s true, are you suggesting something else beyond that?
Them staying together to help him seem less 'guilty' and can carry on with his career.

Greggs

No one is saying it changes what he did.

Just saying she's an idiot too. Let sbe honest only got with him cos a footballer. Only stayed with him cos footballer. Only got back with him cos footballer.

Her family didn't bring her up well it could be argued.

Regardless she didn't deserve what happened and he deserves everything that is thrown at him.

Two different things really.
If she stays with an abuser then sadly she's sealing her own fate. Like sharing a prison cell with a lunatic and not expecting to get attacked. Bizarre.

David O'Day

Lads, just block him if he is now getting his jollies shitposting about women and abusive relationships.

SkyBlueMatt

Lads, just block him if he is now getting his jollies shitposting about women and abusive relationships.

I think it's more ignorance than anything.

It's understandable that people can't work out why people return to their abusers, it makes no logical sense. They break you down into nothing, take away any shred of confidence or self belief.

In this case it's a little more complex or actually simple, she had sh*t parents and role models. He's loaded, they and her environment has influenced her to believe that behaviour is acceptable as long as she can have a fancy lifestyle.

Greggs

I think it's more ignorance than anything.

It's understandable that people can't work out why people return to their abusers, it makes no logical sense. They break you down into nothing, take away any shred of confidence or self belief.

In this case it's a little more complex or actually simple, she had sh*t parents and role models. He's loaded, they and her environment has influenced her to believe that behaviour is acceptable as long as she can have a fancy lifestyle.
It's as simple as that, I don't understand the psychology behind it all. Same with wives of rich celebs such as Fury and Mcgregor, blatantly know their men are sleeping with other women, but just carry on regardless. If someone shows me disrespect, I cut them from my life. Very strange creatures us humans.

Greggs

Because you’ve come on giving it the all knowing nonsense, and you don’t even have a basic grasp of facts.
I asked if they were still together, that's all. You don't like me, I get it, but grow up.

Ian1779

I asked if they were still together, that's all. You don't like me, I get it, but grow up.
Perhaps I’ve misunderstood what I thought you were intimating.

We can’t say he’s a rapist as there is no proof, however that fact he is a misogynistic c**t is not up for debate.

hamertime

Ronaldo managed to wriggle out of his one with cash but everyone still loves him. Marcus Alonso killed someone but then played at Chelsea no one batted an eyelid. At the end of the day the guy is innocent, no one knows what their relationship was like and she might have played up to it. Id love to see him play for us,

clint van damme

Ronaldo managed to wriggle out of his one with cash but everyone still loves him. Marcus Alonso killed someone but then played at Chelsea no one batted an eyelid. At the end of the day the guy is innocent, no one knows what their relationship was like and she might have played up to it. Id love to see him play for us,

One, he's never going to play for us.
Two, given how united the club is at the moment after years of division, would such a polarising signing be worth it no matter what their ability?

I personally wouldn't want him here.

Otis

If she stays with an abuser then sadly she's sealing her own fate. Like sharing a prison cell with a lunatic and not expecting to get attacked. Bizarre.
So many women stay in abusive relationships. Could be because they are scared, intimidated, have nowhere else to go, worry that they will be hunted down if they do and an abuser can wear down a person's will. Make them feel worthless and with very low self esteem.

I don't think we can judge her just on the fact she is still with him.

It could be so much deeper than that.

SkyBlueMatt

One, he's never going to play for us.
Two, given how united the club is at the moment after years of division, would such a polarising signing be worth it no matter what their ability?

I personally wouldn't want him here.

Don't waste your time, I've put the rancid little troll on ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread