Oh Jeremy Corbyn (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Humour?

So what is funny about what they preach?

And you are still chatting shit about what I have said. I said that it is good that he met up with Jews. But why did he choose the far left Jewdas? Why not mainstream?

He is either clueless or doesn't care what he does.

Again. What does “mainstream” mean? Quantify it.

Sick Boy

OK Tony.

Why was it good that Corbyn chose an extreme left wing section to meet with that most Jews don't agree with?

Why didn't he choose a more orthodox section?

Does the name JEWDAS mean anything to you?

Is it good that they are anti monarchy?

JEWDAS describes itself as a “radical” group that “opposes capitalism” and wants to “overthrow the state" How do you defend that?

Don't you see a common link?

Of course you don't.
What's wrong with being anti-monarchy?!!

Astute

That’s funny. I bet you hadn’t even realised that there’s different factions of the Jewish faith until I pointed it out to you. I’ve told you what they are and suggested that you educate yourself on them. You’re still using terms like “Most Jews” with absolutely no idea of how the Jewish faith is made up and what their varying views are despite me telling you what the different factions are and inviting you to go and educate yourself on them. La la la indeed.
Is that right?

From the way you have worded it you have read quickly and guessed a lot and made some up.

So answer why it is good he chose Jewdas?

And why have Jewish Labour benefactors let know about their disgust on the matter?

Oh yes I forgot you know more than them.

skybluetony176

The disturbing thing is Zionist is considered a throwaway remark that justifies racism

What’s even more disturbing is the likes of Mr Corbyn and his supporters (seems UKIP Tony is a convert to the cause) are happy to criticise human rights in Israel but less so in China, Venuzeala, North Korea and Russia

I cannot think why.
So ultra Orthodox Jews are racist then? A throwaway remark. It’s ideology you idiot and not one shared unanimously by the Jewish faith. Racism has nothing to do with it.

Astute

So ultra Orthodox Jews are racist then? A throwaway remark. It’s ideology you idiot and not one shared unanimously by the Jewish faith. Racism has nothing to do with it.
Would have done if it helped you make your stupid points that the vast majority of Jews disagree with

skybluetony176

Is that right?

From the way you have worded it you have read quickly and guessed a lot and made some up.

So answer why it is good he chose Jewdas?

And why have Jewish Labour benefactors let know about their disgust on the matter?

Oh yes I forgot you know more than them.
Because they’re Zionist. It’s not a case of knowing more it’s a case of understanding one very simple point. Anti Zionism is not anti Semitic.

Astute

Again. What does “mainstream” mean? Quantify it.

Orthodox Jews will tell you that they are mainstream. Mainstream will tell you that Orthodox Jews used to be mainstream. So it depends who you ask. But myself I link both sections.

Astute

Vast majority? Again quantify this statement.
Jewdas is a recent made up group as you know. The vast majority do not agree with a lot of what they say or.do.

How about you explaining yourself for once.

Astute

Avoiding the question, I see. Not being a supporter of the monarchy is not a crime.
And disagreeing with one point doesn't mean all points are wrong either. Makes deflection a possibility though I see.

Astute

Avoiding the question, I see. Not being a supporter of the monarchy is not a crime.
Meeting up with the IRA wasn't a crime.

Having sympathy for IRA members that lost their lives but never mentioning people who lost their lives from their actions including women and children wasn't a crime.

Meeting up with other terririst groups wasn't a crime.

Meeting up with a Russian spy wasn't a crime.

Meeting up with the extreme left of the Jewish people wasn't a crime.

But it also doesn't make him the person to lead the party I want in power. And you are a fool if you think that I am alone.

skybluetony176

Orthodox Jews will tell you that they are mainstream. Mainstream will tell you that Orthodox Jews used to be mainstream. So it depends who you ask. But myself I link both sections.
Some Orthodox Jews will tell you that they’re mainstream and they are split on Zionism, the majority of liberal Jews will tell you that they’re mainstream and will be Zionist, Ultra-Orthodox Jews which is Judaism in its purest form and closest to the teachings of the Torah will just tell you that they are Jews although even these are split into different groups but almost exclusively anti Zionist. Some of these groups don’t even consider Jews with Zionist views Jewish, they just consider them Zionist and a separate religion to Judaism.

So again quantify “most” “mainstream” or “majority” of Jews.

You seem to believe “mainstream” Jews are people like Sugar who just because they have a platform to tell you they’re mainstream must mean that they are.

Like I keep telling you. Educate yourself.

Astute

Some Orthodox Jews will tell you that they’re mainstream and they are split on Zionism
Some Orthodox Jews will tell you that they’re mainstream and they are split on Zionism, the majority of liberal Jews will tell you that they’re mainstream and will be Zionist, Ultra-Orthodox Jews which is Judaism in its purest form and closest to the teachings of the Torah will just tell you that they are Jews although even these are split into different groups but almost exclusively anti Zionist. Some of these groups don’t even consider Jews with Zionist views Jewish, they just consider them Zionist and a separate religion to Judaism.

You seem to believe “mainstream” Jews are people like Sugar who just because they have a platform to tell you they’re mainstream must mean that they are.

, the majority of liberal Jews will tell you that they’re mainstream and will be Zionist, Ultra-Orthodox Jews which is Judaism in its purest form and closest to the teachings of the Torah will just tell you that they are Jews although even these are split into different groups but almost exclusively anti Zionist. Some of these groups don’t even consider Jews with Zionist views Jewish, they just consider them Zionist and a separate religion to Judaism.

Would you like to educate yourself on what a Zionist is?

It is like any religion. It changes over the years. But it started out being someone who was barely a Jew.

And the reading up that you have done shows one thing. You only have the viewpoint of one or two people. Those with similar ideas still have different thoughts. That is why you need to look further than your nose.

Sick Boy

Meeting up with the IRA wasn't a crime.

Having sympathy for IRA members that lost their lives but never mentioning people who lost their lives from their actions including women and children wasn't a crime.

Meeting up with other terririst groups wasn't a crime.

Meeting up with a Russian spy wasn't a crime.

Meeting up with the extreme left of the Jewish people wasn't a crime.

But it also doesn't make him the person to lead the party I want in power. And you are a fool if you think that I am alone.

Various politicians met up with the IRA. What would you have preferred to have happened? Are you opposed to the Good Friday agreement? Innocent people lost their lives due to the actions of members of the Armed Forces, are those supporting the army just as bad? Or is state murder of innocent civilians okay?

None of which has anything to do with your bizarre statement about the monarchy.

Grendel

Various politicians met up with the IRA. What would you have preferred to have happened? Are you opposed to the Good Friday agreement? Innocent people lost their lives due to the actions of members of the Armed Forces, are those supporting the army just as bad? Or is state murder of innocent civilians okay?

None of which has anything to do with your bizarre statement about the monarchy.

Various people met with the IRA yes and they also met with Uniomists and the peaceful arm of the catholic movement. Strangely Mr Corbyn , a very minor MP with zero influence only met the IRA

If you are so worried about the Good Friday agreement I suggest you ask Mr McDonnell why he opposed it and why Mr Corbyn opposed the initial Anglo Irish agreement which laid down foundations for peace.

The armed forces were only present due to the desire of certain members of society to use bombs and bullets rather than the ballot box. You know them - the only people McDonnell and Corbyn were ever interested in meeting.

Astute

I hope you are not defending Corbyn on showing sympathy for IRA members but not the slightest word for the innocent women and children killed?

Sick Boy

Various people met with the IRA yes and they also met with Uniomists and the peaceful arm of the catholic movement. Strangely Mr Corbyn , a very minor MP with zero influence only met the IRA

If you are so worried about the Good Friday agreement I suggest you ask Mr McDonnell why he opposed it and why Mr Corbyn opposed the initial Anglo Irish agreement which laid down foundations for peace.

The armed forces were only present due to the desire of certain members of society to use bombs and bullets rather than the ballot box. You know them - the only people McDonnell and Corbyn were ever interested in meeting.

I wasn't aware that they were meeting Unionsts as well?

Astute

I have a quick question for those that try to defend everything Corbyn has said or done over the last 40 years or so.

Would you defend him as much if he was leader of the Tory party?

If he was I would be saying exactly the same.

Astute

I mentioned on here before that I lost family during the troubles (innocent btw).
Same here. And that is why I feel so strongly about it.

The soldiers knew why they were there. The IRA members knew why they were there.

Then you have the innocent that had no choice. And many just want to forget what happened to them. But worse for me was the children. And I have no time at all or respect for those who praise others but never mention the innocents especially the children. And Corbyn fits the bill. It is unforgivable.

Grendel

Who conducted the survey? What percentage of British Jews took part?

Yachad a liberal peaceful organisation. The problem is you are confusing Zionism. Many people perpetuate a myth (usually racists) that the desire is declining and rigs shows a lack of will to have a separate state.

Zionism is associated with religion so if you actually get asked are you a Zionist and are an atheist you say no. So only 59% said they were (still very high). However, 90% wanted a free and independent Israel and 86% were proud of its achievements - nothing has changed since a major poll in 2010.

So essentially 9 out of 10 want the state to remain free and independent include Orthodox Jews and atheists - David Baddiel makes this point in a link I showed earlier,

So where has your evidence come from to counter this belief? Can you provide a link to your research?

Grendel

Can anybody confirm if people still sing his name to the tune of White Stripes? If so, bellends.

Tony probably. He used to sing it to Nigel Farage but has changed his cult hero.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is quite interesting. I feel that there are a lot of people that cannot see the bigger picture in all this.

For the last few years I have felt disillusioned with politics, I haven't found any of the leaders or parties coming forwards desirable to vote for at all.

I cannot stand Theresa May and she is just about one of the weakest Prime Ministers we've ever had. Her election campaign was worse than a Slade/Mowbray relegation team and she doesn't deserve to be a leader of a country. The thing is, if you step back out of it and put your blue or red flag down you will see that the reason she won is largely because most of the country rejected Corybn and the Labour party.

I don't agree in any media campaign against him but I actually wonder why this sometimes happens anyway. Yes it does exist, but it is also exaggerated somewhat too. May did get a bashing previously too, even if it might not be quite the same level. The reason I question why it is needed is because he's already done enough damage to himself. Most people see this and don't need to read dodgy news telling them stuff to think otherwise. The constant victimhood played by a lot of his supporters needs to stop. The electorate rejected him in favour of an absolute melt in the form of Theresa May and that says it all.

I would always consider to vote for Labour again if they put someone in who I felt could do a good job of leading the country, with a decent party behind them then why not? For the people saying Labour needs a shift to the left, you couldn't be more wrong if you want them to win an election. We need a party in the middle that can have a dose of common sense and also suit the wider populations needs. The Tories aren't even that right wing to be honest, it just looks that way from a Corbyn point of view.

The Labour party have a real chance of snatching back leadership from an inept Tory government at the next election, but they are unlikely to do that with Corbyn in charge.

martcov

This is quite interesting. I feel that there are a lot of people that cannot see the bigger picture in all this.

For the last few years I have felt disillusioned with politics, I haven't found any of the leaders or parties coming forwards desirable to vote for at all.

I cannot stand Theresa May and she is just about one of the weakest Prime Ministers we've ever had. Her election campaign was worse than a Slade/Mowbray relegation team and she doesn't deserve to be a leader of a country. The thing is, if you step back out of it and put your blue or red flag down you will see that the reason she won is largely because most of the country rejected Corybn and the Labour party.

I don't agree in any media campaign against him but I actually wonder why this sometimes happens anyway. Yes it does exist, but it is also exaggerated somewhat too. May did get a bashing previously too, even if it might not be quite the same level. The reason I question why it is needed is because he's already done enough damage to himself. Most people see this and don't need to read dodgy news telling them stuff to think otherwise. The constant victimhood played by a lot of his supporters needs to stop. The electorate rejected him in favour of an absolute melt in the form of Theresa May and that says it all.

I would always consider to vote for Labour again if they put someone in who I felt could do a good job of leading the country, with a decent party behind them then why not? For the people saying Labour needs a shift to the left, you couldn't be more wrong if you want them to win an election. We need a party in the middle that can have a dose of common sense and also suit the wider populations needs. The Tories aren't even that right wing to be honest, it just looks that way from a Corbyn point of view.

The Labour party have a real chance of snatching back leadership from an inept Tory government at the next election, but they are unlikely to do that with Corbyn in charge.

Agree with some of that, but I think the present government is right wing ( which you don't think )and getting away with that because labour doesn't appeal to enough people, particulary those in the centre ( as you say ). Partly because of media attacks based on Corbyn's own mistakes.

Astute

Again trying to get a history lesson from a newspaper. You can’t even read the article in full unless you subscribe so I don’t actually have a clue what it says. My guess is you’ve read the headline, assumed it backs you up and linked it without knowing the content or context.
As usual you say something is bollox without even reading it. And the usual person agrees with you :smuggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread