Pressley really has lost the dressing room. (1 Viewer)

Norman Binns

'If this lie were to be true...'

So the poster in question called the original story of us moving out a lie and was proven wrong.

Except I don't think he was dismissing the whole story as a lie. He obviously read it as though the corridors would be used as our changing rooms. That would be a lie wouldn't it? I'd hazard a guess that a lot of other people read it that way too, including me at first.

Brighton Sky Blue

Except I don't think he was dismissing the whole story as a lie. He obviously read it as though the corridors would be used as our changing rooms. That would be a lie wouldn't it? I'd hazard a guess that a lot of other people read it that way too, including me at first.

Splitting hairs really, I just found Grendel's humble pie remark hilarious.

Norman Binns

Anyone who tries to claim that the response you tried to defend was not accusing the OP of lying has a mental age far less than that.
Anyone who then believes surrendering the home dressing room for an away one clearly is an apologist of the highest order.

Except I haven't said anything that you claim I've said, but you already know that in your pathetic attempts to skew things. It's your trademark, because generally speaking have very little of any substance to say. You're just an argumentative cretin.

lordsummerisle

Only a fucking idiot would read it that the corridors would be our dressing room.

Intheknow

might not be far from the truth tony, sisu have said wer'e only staying there for a maximum five years, why do wasps need to keep us on their side, they can put the rent up, change the seats rename the ground, it's theirs, they can do what they want with us! Dread to think what the grass will look like come february, ploughed field with a rugby pitch on it and what used to to be a football pitch,

CCFC returned to the Ricoh before Wasps did their deal. Wasps would therefore be stuck with the rent agreed in the licence so as to being able to put the rent up unilaterally, nah.

As I informed all earlier, pitch is being sorted.

Eastwood has said that the seats are remaining as now.

So, not a lot of reality in the post.

Norman Binns

Splitting hairs really, I just found Grendel's humble pie remark hilarious.

Complete bollocks.
If this lie were to be true, what we're saying is CCFC would use a makeshift area with no showers, medical area etc yet the away team would get a lovely away changing room with all of that?

Stop trying to spread shit....

I don't think it could be any clearer what he was referring to. I think it's a little unfair to ask someone to eat humble pie when it seems they've understandably misinterpreted the original quote.

Brighton Sky Blue

C

When questioned he replied 'I don't know what the colour of the seats at Wycombe are'. The intention to change them may not be immediate but is only a matter of time you would think.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think it could be any clearer what he was referring to. I think it's a little unfair to ask someone to eat humble pie when it seems they've understandably misinterpreted the original quote.

It's clear he's misinterpreted the story but to misinterpret it in the way he has done is just as stupid.

chiefdave

"Adequate facilities are to be provided for the football club to use somewhere along the corridor.”

We're often told about how fantastic the facilities at the Ricoh are, now we're moving to facilities which are 'adequate'. Don't see how this can be spun as anything but us being kicked out and given worse facilities.

Only a fucking idiot would read it that the corridors would be our dressing room.

But there are a lot of idiots on here :p

Norman Binns

"Adequate facilities are to be provided for the football club to use somewhere along the corridor."

An easy mistake to make on first read. Then again this forum is plagued by idiots.

NorthernWisdom

But there are a lot of idiots on here :p

;)

tbf it was inevitable the owners would want the best for them, wasn't it, so no great shock.

Slightly worrying the owners of the ground couldn't be straight about it a couple of days earlier though, really. This isn't really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but with commercial confidentiality blocking answers, a smokescreen about speaking to one of three ex directors, and this... it doesn't bode well for a fruitful, truthful relationship, does it.

Norman Binns

We're often told about how fantastic the facilities at the Ricoh are, now we're moving to facilities which are 'adequate'. Don't see how this can be spun as anything but us being kicked out and given worse facilities

I'm not disputing that Dave.

chiefdave

When questioned he replied 'I don't know what the colour of the seats at Wycombe are'. The intention to change them may not be immediate but is only a matter of time you would think.

In the same way there were ongoing discussions about the dressing rooms. Pretty sure the seats will be yellow and black at some point, just a matter of when.

Wasps said all the right things when they first took over but we've been here before with SISU and actions speak larger than words. Now they are taking action its looking increasingly like they couldn't care less about our club.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't he also say they had better things to spend there money on at the moment other than changing the seats nothing to do with respecting the football club or anything like that, purely financial. I wouldn't expect it to be soon but I wouldn't be surprised to see them changed at some point in the future.

quinn1971

CCFC returned to the Ricoh before Wasps did their deal. Wasps would therefore be stuck with the rent agreed in the licence so as to being able to put the rent up unilaterally, nah.

As I informed all earlier, pitch is being sorted.

So, not a lot of reality in the post.

What makes you think wasps care about what they do to our club when they don't even care about their own fans, they wouldn't think twice about screwing us over, Seats are next. Quicker we get out of there the better,

covboy1987

Wasps are having the main dressing room because it is bigger and they need more room because the size of a rugby player towards a football player and the fact that there are 15 players in a rugby team etc they need much more room - Skyblues are taking the away team dressing room and they are having it re-fitted with the away team now in a new room further down the corridor- don't see what the problem is? Wasps do not need to go to the expense of re-fitting the away dressing room and also re-lay the pitch which they are doing next week - look like superb landlords

Brighton Sky Blue

In the same way there were ongoing discussions about the dressing rooms. Pretty sure the seats will be yellow and black at some point, just a matter of when.

Wasps said all the right things when they first took over but we've been here before with SISU and actions speak larger than words. Now they are taking action its looking increasingly like they couldn't care less about our club.

Didn't he also say they had better things to spend there money on at the moment other than changing the seats nothing to do with respecting the football club or anything like that, purely financial. I wouldn't expect it to be soon but I wouldn't be surprised to see them changed at some point in the future.

It's very easy to say what people want to hear. Then again if he's being honest then it's also what he would say, but he has already come out with the classic 'This isn't a franchise' and 'I don't know what colour the seats are at Wycombe'. Immediately changing everything would be a) expensive and b) not go down well with many people outside Wasps. They own the place, why keep the tenants' branding in place instead of theirs?

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasps are having the main dressing room because it is bigger and they need more room because the size of a rugby player towards a football player and the fact that there are 15 players in a rugby team etc they need much more room - Skyblues are taking the away team dressing room and they are having it re-fitted with the away team now in a new room further down the corridor- don't see what the problem is? Wasps do not need to go to the expense of re-fitting the away dressing room and also re-lay the pitch which they are doing next week - look like superb landlords

Is this a joke?

Brighton Sky Blue

How on earth did they manage when there was rugby matches there before?

Our matchday squads have 18 players including the subs and then you have the backroom staff. Yes you might need a few extra coat pegs for a bigger squad but still don't see why we can't even use the room?

Intheknow

Our matchday squads have 18 players including the subs and then you have the backroom staff. Yes you might need a few extra coat pegs for a bigger squad but still don't see why we can't even use the room?

Rugby match day teams consist of 23 players. Then you have the various coaches. And the rugby boys are a fair bit bigger than football players.

Grendel

Rugby match day teams consist of 23 players. Then you have the various coaches. And the rugby boys are a fair bit bigger than football players.

So the away rugger team has less players?

lordsummerisle

Not like they're going to play their games at the same time though is it?

Still, might get 10,000 crowd in the Ricoh if they did.

chiefdave

Again the Ricoh was designed as a multi purpose stadium and has been used by rugby teams before with no problems.

wingy

Is It Wasps you should be directing your Frustration/anger at or Fisher ?

He didn't seem to care If we even had a dressing room last season, Sixfields was eventually deemed adequate.

This Is consequence of Fishers strategy ,seems easily forgotten in the subsequent shake up.

Grendel

He didn't seem to care If we even had a dressing room last season, Sixfields was eventually deemed adequate.

This Is consequence of Fishers strategy ,seems easily forgotten in the subsequent shake up.

To be fair plenty on here aren't bothered either.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be more accurate Wingy it is Seppala's strategy, Tim was merely the enforcer.

wingy

To be more accurate Wingy it is Seppala's strategy, Tim was merely the enforcer.

I'm not so sure BSB ,the emphasis he placed on her being hands on ,talk to her every day ,I don't buy that .

I think much like Ranson she let him formulate the plan ,autonomous ,got his fingerprints all over It .

I do believe she got involved and brought all the legals .

He most likely was working behind the scenes as Ken was telling us that they were going to start talks with Higgs ,then surfaced In December .

Wonder what the date was when PWKH was on here telling us what Smart business people he'd been talking to ,now that can't have been Ken Can It ??:facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not so sure BSB ,the emphasis he placed on her being hands on ,talk to her every day ,I don't buy that .

I think much like Ranson she let him formulate the plan ,autonomous ,got his fingerprints all over It .

I do believe she got involved and brought all the legals .

He most likely was working behind the scenes as Ken was telling us that they were going to start talks with Higgs ,then surfaced In December .

Wonder what the date was when PWKH was on here telling us what Smart business people he'd been talking to ,now that can't have been Ken Can It ??:facepalm:

I'd agree that she has little involvement in day to day running of the club but the overall strategy to bust ACL was her I think. Not to say that Tim didn't help and he clearly can't have objected too much as he hasn't left the club.

chiefdave

Would the football club want to prepare for a game in a room bedecked with Wasps colours or a room bedecked with its colours?

They'd probably want to prepare in a room they have been using for years which also happens to have the best facilities rather than using a room which is just 'adequate'. Of course the room could always be a neutral colour to suit both teams but that would mean Wasps were being the understanding landlord they said they were going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread