Pressley really has lost the dressing room. (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Sisu had every opportunity to get ACL.

So because our current owners are incompetent we should welcome Wasps with open arms and ignore the potential long term damage? Yes SISU are useless but after SISU have gone we will hopefully have better owners and better owners would most likely want stadium ownership, now very difficult if not impossible.

Wasps buying the stadium has the potential to damagae the club for decades and put off any potential new owners when SISU do decide they have had enough.

letsallsingtogether

So because our current owners are incompetent we should welcome Wasps with open arms and ignore the potential long term damage? Yes SISU are useless but after SISU have gone we will hopefully have better owners and better owners would most likely want stadium ownership, now very difficult if not impossible.

Wasps buying the stadium has the potential to damagae the club for decades and put off any potential new owners when SISU do decide they have had enough.

No one is welcoming them with open arms, it just our owners allowed them to do what they did and as usual try to shift the blame!!!

Funny how they have gone all quiet in the last couple of weeks.

Until next week when the new land deal WILL be revealed.

stupot07

What have Sisu done in the last two years?

I don't understand the context of your original point? I also don't get why you and other supposedly Ccfc fans are going out your way to praise and back slap wasps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
I don't understand the context of your original point? I also don't get why you and other supposedly Ccfc fans are going out your way to praise and back slap wasps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
I get the impression he isn't a ccfc fan...

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Surely if they didn't build a new changing room and they kicked them out they would be sharing with away trends?

The pitch is being laid for wasps, let's not bullshit it's being done for ccfc.

The seats only aren't being changed because of the price aren't they?

they will probably be changed next season when the sponsorship of the arena is up for sale someone like landrover sponsor the arena for 10 years part of the deal will see them pay for the seats to be changed to black with yellow writing at a push they might keep the telegraph with black seats and ccfc in sky blue but i doubt it. hell they could even make some cash back selling 12,000 second hand seats to Tim Fisher

Astute

Of course it isn't good news for our future at the stadium for being removed from our normal changing room. But it could actually be good for us.

I have had enough of players being in their comfort zone. Coming out to the pitch and playing shit. Waiting until towards the half way point of the second half before they put any effort in. The best home run we have had for years was whilst playing at Northampton. The present facilities have not done a lot to help us. I am happy that they will be warming up more on the pitch than inside. Has it been an advantage to the away sides that always seem to start at the Ricoh stronger than we do? Could be a blessing in disguise.

Sick Boy

And to think that some actually believe the seats will stay sky jlue and have ccfc branding. Notice how he managed to avoid answering the question about that one as well?

skybluetony176

Bloody Wasps swanning around like they own the place. Still as long as were not talking about our owners and their many many short comings lets keep looking in the opposite direction.

pusbccfc

And to think that some actually believe the seats will stay sky jlue and have ccfc branding. Notice how he managed to avoid answering the question about that one as well?

They will be Yellow and Black by next season.

Norman Binns

Of course it isn't good news for our future at the stadium for being removed from our normal changing room. But it could actually be good for us.

I have had enough of players being in their comfort zone. Coming out to the pitch and playing shit. Waiting until towards the half way point of the second half before they put any effort in. The best home run we have had for years was whilst playing at Northampton. The present facilities have not done a lot to help us. I am happy that they will be warming up more on the pitch than inside. Has it been an advantage to the away sides that always seem to start at the Ricoh stronger than we do? Could be a blessing in disguise.

There is an element of truth in that. If anyone has been on a tour of Anfield then they’ll know that Liverpool’s dressing room is as basic as it gets. It was Bill Shankley’s philosophy that players are there to do a job for the club and not to be pampered in luxury. That philosophy has remained ever since. The away dressing room is even smaller and has one of those distorted “Hall of Mirrors” as you exit the room. It makes the players look smaller. It’s all psychology.

Last edited:

albatross

The away dressing room in HR was very small with two pillars on the room to make it awkward to move about and prevent team spirit by blocking direct vision across the room. The clothes pegs were places so high up so that the away team would feel small. Alan Wright from Villa could not reach them even when he stood on the benches directly underneath.

mattylad

Our matchday squads have 18 players including the subs and then you have the backroom staff. Yes you might need a few extra coat pegs for a bigger squad but still don't see why we can't even use the room?
23 players in a rugby match squad plus a hell of a lot more back room staff than you get for the city.

chiefdave

No one is welcoming them with open arms

That was directed as intheknow specifically as he seems to love having them here. I appreciate nobody else is welcoming them with open arms, in fact the number of people who think any good at all will come from Wasps being based in the city appears to be rapidly dwindling.

Raggs

I'd guess that Wasps intend to fully customise the dressing room to be filled with Wasps memorabilia and perhaps a setup like England Rugby have with the names of past greats for each shirt on plaques on the wall under the hooks. By CCFC moving to the away changing room they too can have a completely customised changing room with the same focus on the club, whilst away teams for both sports are being moved into converted offices I believe.

Doubt it would feel much like home for the players to be surrounded by another clubs memorabilia and names etc etc. Better to have a smaller space that can feel more like home?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd guess that Wasps intend to fully customise the dressing room to be filled with Wasps memorabilia and perhaps a setup like England Rugby have with the names of past greats for each shirt on plaques on the wall under the hooks. By CCFC moving to the away changing room they too can have a completely customised changing room with the same focus on the club, whilst away teams for both sports are being moved into converted offices I believe.

Doubt it would feel much like home for the players to be surrounded by another clubs memorabilia and names etc etc. Better to have a smaller space that can feel more like home?

Who says the away dressing room is being customised for us? I imagine it will be kept neutral in the case we move out or Wasps want to kick us out and use it for something else important like storing their equipment. The place couldn't feel any less like home, well it could when you get around to replacing the seats.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So what you're saying here is you agree with Fisher's plan for a new smaller stadium which is our own?

Raggs

I'm sure I read that CCFC will be moving into the away dressing room, whilst 2 unused offices will be converted into the new away dressing room. If that's the case, I'd guess it's upto CCFC if they want to add any personal touches or not.

As to CCFC moving away, it might be in their best interests, but I'd hope it's more about CCFC wanting to improve their lot, rather than Wasps making the Ricoh unbearable for them.

Captain Dart

I'm sure I read that CCFC will be moving into the away dressing room, whilst 2 unused offices will be converted into the new away dressing room. If that's the case, I'd guess it's upto CCFC if they want to add any personal touches or not.

As to CCFC moving away, it might be in their best interests, but I'd hope it's more about CCFC wanting to improve their lot, rather than Wasps making the Ricoh unbearable for them.

Eastwood was on local radio this morning, I think he said CCFC have leeway to brand their dressing room how they like.

Nick

Administrator
Eastwood was on local radio this morning, I think he said CCFC have leeway to brand their dressing room how they like.
But there is no pr machine.... full of shit along with all the other parties. Say what they think you want to hear until they get your knickers!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

We don't own any of it so any amendments would have to go through Wasps first. As for your other point it would come down to the realities of the situation-the agreement that would work best for CCFC doesn't for Wasps and vice versa.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We don't own any of it so any amendments would have to go through Wasps first. As for your other point it would come down to the realities of the situation-the agreement that would work best for CCFC doesn't for Wasps and vice versa.

Maybe if they're very kind and we're good tenants then they will allow us to put up a coat of sky blue paint. Then the idiots on here will laud them as the best landlords to have graced the earth.

lordsummerisle

Quite a few people here love Landlords, whoever they might be.

Must be a high percentage of Buy to Letters amongst our support.

Nick

Administrator
Quite a few people here love Landlords, whoever they might be.

Must be a high percentage of Buy to Letters amongst our support.
I think last has mentioned he has houses! It might explain it, I was thinking he was a pimp but you could be on to something!

(If the police are reading, I don't really really think he is)

Gazolba

[h=2]Pressley really has lost the dressing room.[/h]

No, SISU lost it. Wasps have it now. We have the away dressing room.

Gazolba

... unused offices will be converted into the new away dressing room ...

One 'unused office' holds the trophy cabinets, the other was meant for the 'future planning' department. Neither was really needed.

martcov

I think last has mentioned he has houses! It might explain it, I was thinking he was a pimp but you could be on to something!

(If the police are reading, I don't really really think he is)

I have flats und I love me. I do things for good tenants, but when I have one who says he's leaving shortly, I wait until he goes before improving things.

Users who are viewing this thread