Pressley really has lost the dressing room. (3 Viewers)

albatross

FFS .

Outrage about where we put on our shorts. Fix that and we fix everything!.

Its hardly the memorial park which never demotivated anyone i knew from putting in their hungover best.

Norman Binns

So the away rugger team has less players?

No, but it puts the away Rugby team at a distinct disadvantage having a cramped surround. No so disadvantageous for a football squad though.

It is bitterly disappointing that we’ve had to re-locate and it’s insulting. However, both Wasps and CCFC need their own dressing rooms fitted out exactly to their own individual requirements.

Ideally, it would have been nice for us to keep the existing home room and for Wasps to refit the current away dressing room for themselves and to build a new dressing room for both away Rugby and Football teams to share.

We just don’t know the practicalities of that though. It may not have been physically possible to extend the away room due to the layout of the stadium. There may have been constraints in achieving this. That is something that needs to be taken into consideration. It seems fairly obvious though that the indoor warm up area which is exclusively attached to the home room was a crucial factor in the decision. Harsh reality but Wasps are now the owners and their own interests will take precedence over ours.

Last edited:

Intheknow

They'd probably want to prepare in a room they have been using for years which also happens to have the best facilities rather than using a room which is just 'adequate'. Of course the room could always be a neutral colour to suit both teams but that would mean Wasps were being the understanding landlord they said they were going to be.

"Adequate" - Pressley seems more enamoured than you. http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_to_get_new_changing_room_847666/index.shtml

As to a "neutral colour", not sure beige is the way forward.

Wasps appear to be providing a stand-alone facility for CCFC, the manager seems ok with it, no-one on this board knows what the fit out will consist of but still want to moan!

chiefdave

FFS .

Outrage about where we put on our shorts. Fix that and we fix everything!.

Its hardly the memorial park which never demotivated anyone i knew from putting in their hungover best.

It's more that ever since they took over they've been banging on about how they understand our situation and will be considerate landlords and on Monday Richardson was avoiding the question. Days later we're booted out, seemingly before the away dressing room has had a refit. We've also lost the warm up area which will change the pre-match routine, again not a big thing but it all adds up.

For me it's a worrying sign of things to come, if this is how they are behaving at the beginning when they want to gain favour with everyone what are they going to be like next season?

stupot07

It's more that ever since they took over they've been banging on about how they understand our situation and will be considerate landlords and on Monday Richardson was avoiding the question. Days later we're booted out, seemingly before the away dressing room has had a refit. We've also lost the warm up area which will change the pre-match routine, again not a big thing but it all adds up.

For me it's a worrying sign of things to come, if this is how they are behaving at the beginning when they want to gain favour with everyone what are they going to be like next season?

Completely agree CD, this was always the danger - bar87, moving the ccfc sign, kicking us out the changing rooms......the slippery slope.

martcov

They clearly said that they are taking Tim's New stadium at face value. CCFC are leaving in just under 4 years, so WTF.

Intheknow

Thoughtless of Wasps to provide a decent surface, I mean, that might lead to decent football, who wants that.

i am also trying to work out what you think Wasps might do next season that would disadvantage CCFC, any clues?

i had no idea that Richardson was there on Monday.

Brighton Sky Blue

"Adequate" - Pressley seems more enamoured than you. http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_to_get_new_changing_room_847666/index.shtml

Wasps appear to be providing a stand-alone facility for CCFC, the manager seems ok with it, no-one on this board knows what the fit out will consist of but still want to moan!

The manager thinks losing 1-0 to Notts County without getting a shot on target is terrific.

chiefdave

Its very obvious SP is being diplomatic, after all we had a year of him saying similar things about Sixfields but as soon as we came back it was all about how much better the Ricoh was and how playing at Sixfields had been a hinderance.

Neutral colour doesn't have to be beige, it doesn't mean the dressing room has to be our colours or Wasps colours, this concept isn't a problem for places like Wembley so why couldn't it work at the Ricoh?

They are providing a stand alone facility but clearly it is not going to be of the same standard and won't have a warm up area. If that's not the case then Wasps could have that prepared for themselves before they move in and we could keep using the one we're already using.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thoughtless of Wasps to provide a decent surface, I mean, that might lead to decent football, who wants that.

i am also trying to work out what you think Wasps might do next season that would disadvantage CCFC, any clues?

What kind of rent agreement do you think they will offer in 5 years time when we have nowhere else to go?

chiefdave

Whatever the guys name was, you get the point. As for the pitch do you really think they are doing that solely for our benefit. The only reason the pitch is being replaced is because they want a better pitch to play on themselves. I can understand that some people are OK with Wasps being here but I can't understand why you think so highly of them and post about them like they're the second coming.

Nick

Administrator

Fair play to them for sorting it as the past owners didn't bother, however I'm not sure it is being done especially for ccfc benefit is it like people try to make out? Wasps aren't going to want to run out for their first game on the pitch as it is now, let's not start spinning as we all know there is no pr machine.

Intheknow

Whatever the guys name was, you get the point. As for the pitch do you really think they are doing that solely for our benefit. The only reason the pitch is being replaced is because they want a better pitch to play on themselves. I can understand that some people are OK with Wasps being here but I can't understand why you think so highly of them and post about them like they're the second coming.

But you are posting as if Wasps are only in this to do damage to CCFC. They are providing a new pitch but apparently this is not to their credit

stupot07

But you are posting as if Wasps are only in this to do damage to CCFC. They are providing a new pitch but apparently this is not to their credit

they are providing a new pitch because they need a good pitch, not because of us. And people have given them credit on the other thread

Brighton Sky Blue

He's posting as if they will look after their own interests first and if they happen to coincide with ours it's a PR bonus. Which is the reality of it for them, they haven't bought all of ACL just to keep the stadium sky blue and not make a profit from it.

Nick

Administrator
He's posting as if they will look after their own interests first and if they happen to coincide with ours it's a PR bonus. Which is the reality of it for them, they haven't bought all of ACL just to keep the stadium sky blue and not make a profit from it.
So much of a bonus it's all over the evening news...

Intheknow

And you are posting like a pr machine that doesn't exist. ;)

To be fair to Wasps, the CCFC crest remains, the seats remain, a new changing room is being kitted out for CCFC, a new pitch is being laid, a Q and A session is held. Could have been far far worse

chiefdave

a) I have not said they are only in this to do damage to CCFC I am saying their actions are taking a very different course from their statements. If they had come in and said Wasps will have priority but they will do what they can to minimise the impact on CCFC then fair enough but they didn't did they?

b) They have been given credit for replacing the pitch but no one for a minute believes they are doing this for anyones benefit other than themselves. The fact that it will happy us is just an unintended side effect. Given that they have no PR machine it's strange how they manage to have the 'good' news featured on pretty much every media outlet but the news that could be interpreted as bad news gets a lot less attention.

Intheknow

Wasps get tainted by Sisu's failure. I suspect that in two months Wasps have done more for CCFC than Sisu did in two years

Nick

Administrator
To be fair to Wasps, the CCFC crest remains, the seats remain, a new changing room is being kitted out for CCFC, a new pitch is being laid, a Q and A session is held. Could have been far far worse
Surely if they didn't build a new changing room and they kicked them out they would be sharing with away trends?

The pitch is being laid for wasps, let's not bullshit it's being done for ccfc.

The seats only aren't being changed because of the price aren't they?

Intheknow

a) I have not said they are only in this to do damage to CCFC I am saying their actions are taking a very different course from their statements. If they had come in and said Wasps will have priority but they will do what they can to minimise the impact on CCFC then fair enough but they didn't did they?

b) They have been given credit for replacing the pitch but no one for a minute believes they are doing this for anyones benefit other than themselves. The fact that it will happy us is just an unintended side effect. Given that they have no PR machine it's strange how they manage to have the 'good' news featured on pretty much every media outlet but the news that could be interpreted as bad news gets a lot less attention.

Moving a crest and taking over a changing room is in my view not too insensitive. Being criticised for having better PR than Sisu is an odd position to take.

chiefdave

You can't be one of our fans with this level of optimism on everything.

The CCFC crest is being moved, they haven't stated to where yet.

The seats remain but a far from convincing answer was given at the Q&A, i don't think anyone is confident they are remaining Sky Blue when they are in need of replacing.

A new pitch is being laid for Wasps benefit.

A Q&A session was held, you could say that was a PR move. Of course the one thing we have discovered from the Q&A is that Wasps answer direct questions in a manner that would make Fisher or Labovich proud.

Name one thing they have done that benefits us and not Wasps. Not saying they should do it but both they and you need to stop making out everything they do is for out benefit.

chiefdave

Being criticised for having better PR than Sisu is an odd position to take.

They were actually being praised for it but gave a bizarre answer claiming they weren't making a big PR effort. That is exactly the kind of thing that is annoying people. If they keep saying one thing and doing the other then, exactly as with SISU, how is anyone supposed to believe anything they say?

Users who are viewing this thread