Qatar World Cup 2022 (15 Viewers)

Kieranp96

missed both goals now haha, wish my macbook wasnt broke so i could work from the bed, but nope gotta be in the living room, if i wasnt on work vpn i would be able to have game on 2nd monitor also so fuck.

Nick

Administrator
People kicking off saying Ronaldo isn't the first person to score at 5 world cups as a woman did it.

Have a fucking day off.

shmmeee

People kicking off saying Ronaldo isn't the first person to score at 5 world cups as a woman did it.

Have a fucking day off.

Just said this to a mate. Same as equal pay, it’s very clearly a different level both in ability and commercial success. It’s like asking for non-league players to be paid the same as Premier League. Or saying some kid scored ten in a game down the park so he holds the real record or whatever.

Totally support women’s football and hope it continues to grow and get more exposure so they can earn more. But let’s not pretend it’s the same game.

TomRad85

Just said this to a mate. Same as equal pay, it’s very clearly a different level both in ability and commercial success. It’s like asking for non-league players to be paid the same as Premier League. Or saying some kid scored ten in a game down the park so he holds the real record or whatever.

Totally support women’s football and hope it continues to grow and get more exposure so they can earn more. But let’s not pretend it’s the same game.

This kind of cringe damages the women's game massively. The obsession with putting 'mens' in front of everything now too is also massively embarrassing... mens top scorer, mens record appearance holder. I know it's men, I'm fully aware what a man is.

The women's game needs to stand on its own 2 feet, you can't force people to take notice, if they want to watch they will.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
This kind of cringe damages the women's game massively. The obsession with putting 'mens' in front of everything now too is also massively embarrassing... mens top scorer, mens record appearance holder. I know it's men, I'm fully aware what a man is.

The women's game needs to stand on its own 2 feet, you can't force people to take notice, if they want to watch they will.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It is the same when they get upset about calling it Man of the Match, when it's 2 teams of men playing.

Stop trying to shoehorn into everything to try and be relevant.

TomRad85

It is the same when they get upset about calling it Man of the Match, when it's 2 teams of men playing.

Stop trying to shoehorn into everything to try and be relevant.
Anyone who gets upset about 'man of the match' is in a very privileged position as you'd have to have no other worries whatsoever to even consider that problematic. The fact that large organisations go along with this shit makes it worse... its a few weirdos on Twitter, why let them rule you?

shmmeee

Anyone who gets upset about 'man of the match' is in a very privileged position as you'd have to have no other worries whatsoever to even consider that problematic. The fact that large organisations go along with this shit makes it worse... its a few weirdos on Twitter, why let them rule you?

Equally though why does it matter the other way? I think it’s silly, but there’s bigger things to worry about.

I agree with your other point though, forcing stuff just reduces credibility. Same as how there was obviously a quota system at the BBC for female comedians that, while it brought several decent women to the fore, also had to drag up some pretty crappy ones that just reinforced stereotypes about women not being funny.

ProfessorbyGrace

Screamer!
Yep, thought it would be. I’m that person who tunes in late and misses a screamer, or leaves the room for 30 seconds and three goals have gone in.

Ecuador look very enterprising, they almost carved Holland open a minute ago. Hoping for some sexy football from the reliable Dutch, as France and England are the only teams I’ve found entertaining thus far. Aside from Canada, but they can’t hit a cows arse with a runaway piano, collectively.

Paul Anthony

I get why its given offside, but there's not much the player can do there except not touch it. He can't exactly disappear into thin air.

Hertsccfc

I don't think that's offside. Keeper would never have saved it and also was he really offside at the time of the deflection by the Ecuador player.

ProfessorbyGrace

Ecuador have got a confident swagger about them, and what a shot from Plata off the crossbar. Really unlucky.

Holland have been very flat thus far and are lucky to be level.

Terry Gibson's perm

Qatar out already a great tournament for them after trying to buy in players for years.

Qatar have set the record for elimination

oscillatewildly

Just out of interest does anybody know what's 'wahey'! In Ecuadorian?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-180330_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125-180330_WhatsApp.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20221125-180333_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125-180333_WhatsApp.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread