Second referendum : am I missing something ? (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

If you want some less forthrightly pro-remain follows, @EmporersNewC @davidallengreen @OliverBullough @JolyonMaugham @faisalislam are all pretty good.

None of them will offer substantiated contrary opinions to those you've already discovered though, sadly. They're just a bit less preachy than @mrjamesob & @JasonJHunter.

Thanks. Jason Hunter seems to be the one who has the most idea of what he's talking about but he is a bit annoying.

SkyblueBazza

As I see it, if we don't sort a deal we will go from free trade with the EU to operating under WTO rules.
We then have a costly and time consuming period where we negotiate to try and get us back to the position we're in now with our current biggest trading partner.
That's before you start on negotiating with the rest of the world. We've already submitted one WTO schedule which was reject by the US, Brazil and a couple of others. I don't see this as being a short term hit.

As I keep saying, I'm far from an expert, but if I'm wrong I just want some to tell me why with a bit of detail.

But if you move into 160 odd new relationships with partners who all have different demands I think it's fair to say your life will become a car crash!!

problem is, you go to make hay with one, but if just one of the others object you can't.

Clint stop pretending to be anything different to Mart, SickBoy & Tony. You're obviously here with the same sole intent as them. We know we have no genuine experts on any of the issues on this forum...& those outside of don't carry much sway either.

It's happening...get used to it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Clint stop pretending to be anything different to Mart, SickBoy & Tony. You're obviously here with the same sole intent as them. We know we have no genuine experts on any of the issues on this forum...& those outside of don't carry much sway either.

you are, not surprisingly completely wrong.
You can't answer my questions so you've defaulted to empty rhetoric.

It's dead simple, I think leaving with no deal will be a disaster, explain to me why it won't, I've never claimed the information I've got is infallible or that I totally understand the complex ins and outs. You've made no attempt to explain your counter position.

Grappa has given me some names to check out so I will, you couldn't even give me that.

Stick to the sloganeering - it's happening get over it and brexit means brexit - it's all you've got to offer.

martcov

What are you on about? What sole intent? We just point out things which are going wrong, or are false. You don't like that. No one here is claiming to be an expert, but some things are obvious or can be proved by links. You will of course say that any links to people who know more than you or I, are just scaremongerers.

Sick Boy

Believe it or not but there's quite a few people who disagree with the whole process.

Luckily we don't live in a country where debate and voicing one's opinion is illegal.

Grendel

Believe it or not but there's quite a few people who disagree with the whole process.

Luckily we don't live in a country where debate and voicing one's opinion is illegal.

Most people don’t care

martcov

But, our Conservative MEPs wouldn’t vote to sanction an „illiberal democrat“ who suppresses opposition, is anti Semitic and trousers EU money. They need his help with Brexit negotiations.

skybluetony176

you are, not surprisingly completely wrong.
You can't answer my questions so you've defaulted to empty rhetoric.

It's dead simple, I think leaving with no deal will be a disaster, explain to me why it won't, I've never claimed the information I've got is infallible or that I totally understand the complex ins and outs. You've made no attempt to explain your counter position.

Grappa has given me some names to check out so I will, you couldn't even give me that.

Stick to the sloganeering - it's happening get over it and brexit means brexit - it's all you've got to offer.

I felt compelled to give this post a like because Clint is in my gang ;)

clint van damme

I felt compelled to give this post a like because Clint is in my gang ;)

Not sure what that was about! All I want is for someone to explain why they think trading under WTO rules is a good thing.
I've looked into it, it seems very complicated to me and most information you find seems to point to it being a bad idea in the event of a no deal. I am genuinely looking for a counter opinion.
At the end of the day the level of my understanding of the issue (or lack of understanding) isn't going to make a blind bit of difference just trying to get my head round it to get a grasp of what's going on.

Grendel

Pre-referendum the vast majority were not really interested in the EU. Then all of a sudden people seemed to develop pretty deep and entrenched positions that for some have continued to this day.

48% have no interest according to the polls

skybluetony176

Not sure what that was about! All I want is for someone to explain why they think trading under WTO rules is a good thing.
I've looked into it, it seems very complicated to me and most information you find seems to point to it being a bad idea in the event of a no deal. I am genuinely looking for a counter opinion.
At the end of the day the level of my understanding of the issue (or lack of understanding) isn't going to make a blind bit of difference just trying to get my head round it to get a grasp of what's going on.

Well according to one “well informed” post I saw on Facebook Germany will have to pay us loads of import tariffs. The clue is of course the word import. That means that the importer pays the tariff not the exporter. Didn’t stop thousands of people sharing it though. My mate that shared it is a brexiteer but annoyingly he’s involved in importing through his work so he knew it was bullshit when he shared it.

Evo1883

Still get their pensions though. Including Ferage who has point blank refused to forfeit his despite it making up part of the divorce bill that he’s opposed to.

You would claim a pension for over 15 years plus of work though wouldn’t you

skybluetony176

You would claim a pension for over 15 years plus of work though wouldn’t you

You think he deserves it? You don’t think it’s a selective principle to rabbit on about the gravy train of the EU while also drinking from it yourself? Sounds very hypocritical to me.

Evo1883

You think he deserves it? You don’t think it’s a selective principle to rabbit on about the gravy train of the EU while also drinking from it yourself? Sounds very hypocritical to me.

There are many people who despise their companies who still take money for them when they retire , means nothing

clint van damme

There are many people who despise their companies who still take money for them when they retire , means nothing

They probably don't spend all their days trying to get people to vote for them on a ticket of destroying said company though.
His hypocrisy is off the scale.

Grendel

They probably don't spend all their days trying to get people to vote for them on a ticket of destroying said company though.

Like Mr Corbyn?

Evo1883

He was pretty consistent throughout his career , you don’t just have to be an EU shill to be an MP and Be paid .

clint van damme

He was pretty consistent throughout his career , you don’t just have to be an EU shill to be an MP and Be paid .

when Alan Sked created UKIP, (AFL as it was then), one of it's principles was not to take money from the EU to make a point. A quick buck was obviously more important to Farage.

Evo1883

when Alan Sked created UKIP, (AFL as it was then), one of it's principles was not to take money from the EU to make a point. A quick buck was obviously more important to Farage.

At the end of the day 99% of people who work for an establishment for a number of years will take the pension at the end of it ... simple

clint van damme

Mr Corbyn has been elected as a Labour Party member of Parliament for over 30 years hasn’t he?

I'm aware of him defying the whip, been a pain in the arse to the leadership, but I'm not aware of him calling for the destruction of the Labour party.
In fact, since he's been leader the membership has seen a huge increase so I'm not sure that comparison stands up.

clint van damme

At the end of the day 99% of people who work for an establishment for a number of years will take the pension at the end of it ... simple

they do, but not while actively trying to destroy the institution in question.
Especially when he spends all day pontificating about how corrupt the EU is. In effect he's taking what he believes to be dirty money.

Evo1883

I'm aware of him defying the whip, been a pain in the arse to the leadership, but I'm not aware of him calling for the destruction of the Labour party.
In fact, since he's been leader the membership has seen a huge increase so I'm not sure that comparison stands up.

Hey Tony Blair took a pension and he was responsible for the destruction of hundreds of thousands of people’s lives
I’m sure farage pales in comparison
You’ll get over it

Users who are viewing this thread