Stoke Details Confirmed - Saturday 6th January (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Which is strange, as it's the home money that pays the players to go and play the away games.

Pay double to the teams we are competing against to go towards their budgets?

if Exeter at home was £10 or Exeter away was £20, it would be no contest.

I love away games, to me, its like a mini holiday. Home games are like going to work

Fergusons_Beard

I'll try it in a sec when I do mine, is it a particular seat or just random?

Wasn’t available as a fixture at 9.15am and now can’t buy seats as price ‘unavailable’.

Using phone but never had problems before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fergusons_Beard

Tried PC and same as phone-tried ‘find seats for me’ and it says
‘There are no seats left for this event’
And when I try to select my own-even though I can clearly see the seats it won’t let me select any!
Meh!

ccfcricoh

They're pretty much our normal match day prices, but instead of watching Forest Green we are playing a team 3 leagues above, if anything shouldn't it be more expensive?

Assuming Stoke will bring about 4k not depending on the price and i'd argue we have 3k of fans that would go whatever the price as well.

At £22 a ticket thats revenue of £154,000.

If the tickets we're priced at £10 we'd need an extra 8,400 to turn up to make the same revenue. Is that likely?! Obviously i don't know the answer but that's the business decision the club has to make!

Nick

Administrator
Tried PC and same as phone-tried ‘find seats for me’ and it says
‘There are no seats left for this event’
And when I try to select my own-even though I can clearly see the seats it won’t let me select any!
Meh!

It looks ok in Chrome on a computer.

Nick

Administrator
They're pretty much our normal match day prices, but instead of watching Forest Green we are playing a team 3 leagues above, if anything shouldn't it be more expensive?

Assuming Stoke will bring about 4k not depending on the price and i'd argue we have 3k of fans that would go whatever the price as well.

At £22 a ticket thats revenue of £154,000.

If the tickets we're priced at £10 we'd need an extra 8,400 to turn up to make the same revenue. Is that likely?! Obviously i don't know the answer but that's the business decision the club has to make!

We only get 45% of it and have to take costs to put the game on out first I think (before it's split).

7K at £22 would be £69,300 not including costs to put the game on.

ccfcricoh

We only get 45% of it and have to take costs to put the game on out first I think (before it's split).

7K at £22 would be £69,300 not including costs to put the game on.
True - the costs won't change much depending on attendance though you'd imagine (not by much anyway). So whether we get 45% or 100% the difference in total attendance needed would be the same.

Nick

Administrator
True - the costs won't change much depending on attendance though you'd imagine (not by much anyway). So whether we get 45% or 100% the difference in total attendance needed would be the same.

Unless it got to the point other stands were being opened etc which would need about 16-17k I think. Not too sure if there will be extra police or not but no idea how much that would cost.

ccfcricoh

Unless it got to the point other stands were being opened etc which would need about 16-17k I think. Not too sure if there will be extra police or not but no idea how much that would cost.

Yea no idea on policing costs but i can't imagine we'll be needing the "Jimmy Hill" stand so maybe just a few more stewards/Police for the away end...

If anything the more costs there are the more people you'd need at £10 anyway, so in reality the difference is probably more like 10k extra as opposed to 8k extra, which is even more unlikely in my head.

Just can't see £10 tickets pulling that many extra people in

Ashdown

Irrespective of all the calculations on prices I hope folk won't forget that whatever the eventual crowd all the revenue here will be not budgeted before so a bonus for the club... .I'm sure it will be ommitted though by the owners when players need to be sold come January !

stupot07

Irrespective of all the calculations on prices I hope folk won't forget that whatever the eventual crowd all the revenue here will be not budgeted before so a bonus for the club... .I'm sure it will be ommitted though by the owners when players need to be sold come January !
They may have not been budgeted for but may not be a bonus if we're not hitting the budgeted for attendance/revenues in the league and there is already a shortfall.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adge

Which is strange, as it's the home money that pays the players to go and play the away games.

Pay double to the teams we are competing against to go towards their budgets?
Lets not forget or ridicule people who only want to go to away games. We know why they have/will maintain that stance.

Macca

If we don't get a "good" crowd for this (20000+) then we can only blame ourselves as a fan base. Everyone wanted a premier league team and we've got one. Would people be crying about £22 if it was Man Utd or Liverpool? No, they'd be creaming themselves. Fairweather support in full effect again.

Ps I also believe football is too expensive across the board in England. And I'm also in no way surprised at the negative reaction. But it does blow away the idea that we'd pack out the Ricoh in the premier league or the championship every week.

I think the problem is some people have no memory of city before 2000.

I'm absolutely incredulous that people think of 20,000 plus crowd for this game. 3rd round, probably least inspiring opposition we could ask for. You know back in top flight in 1990's we rarely broke the 20k barrier. Even with stars on the pitch and good football. We are just not a well supported club. We are however a big city so on a big occasion anyone who has ever shown an interest will turn up. Not that difficult to understand

Londonccfcfan

Looking at their chat thread, they are well on the way to selling out their allocation of 3300. Selling out block by block.

With still weeks to go and probably pay on the day and an increase in allocation in the next week or two. Looking at them easily selling 5k plus...which would be pretty much 3/4 of our away end.

Surely we should be looking at getting at least 12-15k home fans minimum or is that way too optimistic.

Would be a cracking atmosphere with three sides almost full.

Nick

Administrator
Is it sold out yet.

Yes, I just bought the last 22,000 to spite you.

giphy.gif

cloughie

Don't understand why some think it will be a bigger crowd other than away fans 8,000 - 10,000 max Total

matesx

I predicted around 12k

would love to be proved wrong with a far bigger crowd

Users who are viewing this thread