Stoke Details Confirmed - Saturday 6th January (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

How is that in any way the same? If that's the case surely you are an Arsenal or man utd fan rather than ccfc? If you just want to watch Arsenal or man utd they play plenty of games you can go and see.

I'm going off market prices from checking on auto trader and we buy any car for an idea.

I meant using the argument that stoke (at home, at the Ricoh) prices are fine because people would pay that amount to see Arsenal or Man Utd etc (at home, at the Ricoh) is a ridiculous argument. Scandalous prices and you know it.

Nick

Administrator
I meant using the argument that stoke (at home, at the Ricoh) prices are fine because people would pay that amount to see Arsenal or Man Utd etc (at home, at the Ricoh) is a ridiculous argument. Scandalous prices and you know it.

Like I said:

I'm going off market prices from checking on auto trader and we buy any car for an idea.

I've said multiple times there's a massive issue with English Football in general. Our prices aren't double other teams or anything stupid.

It's outrage for the sake of it, as has been seen now there is a cheap ticket offer and the goalposts get moved away from price. People went on like if prices were cheap the ground would be sold out / thousands more, they are now cheap and it's "not enough people will go", "people will want to be in the warm", "its christmas", "I cant even give my tickets away" etc.

Adge

Are they not at home worrying about money after Christmas or is that just for home games? ;)

It's to much for a home game, surely one of the furthest games away of the season and beer etc is more of an issue then £2?
Didn't someone say that they got a train ticket for £12? Not bad if it's £10 to park at the Ricoh.

RoboCCFC90

I must admit, initially I was slighly frustrated by the price of tickets for this fixture, but when you think about it..

- CCFC want to make as much money as they can (understandable).
- Prices have to be agreed with Stoke..

I would have loved nothing more to see the Club sell prices at £15.00, but given how much money they will make from the fixture at that price it's more beneficial for the Club this way.

The Club could have done more to entice fans, for instance an offer for ST holders where they buy one ticket and get a second 50% off or something, it may have enticed more in.

Re English Football ticket prices, it's common knowledge that our prices are shocking (as a country), a ST at Bayern Munich in 2015 cost the equivalent of £105.00, however Bayern are huge Club, with revenue streams that we could never match, while ST's at £105.00 would get more people through the door it wouldn't be any good for the Club if we want to be competitive.

Ashdown

Like I said:

I've said multiple times there's a massive issue with English Football in general. Our prices aren't double other teams or anything stupid.

It's outrage for the sake of it, as has been seen now there is a cheap ticket offer and the goalposts get moved away from price. People went on like if prices were cheap the ground would be sold out / thousands more, they are now cheap and it's "not enough people will go", "people will want to be in the warm", "its christmas", "I cant even give my tickets away" etc.
Laughable ! What a crap argument, comparing a cup game on a Saturday against Premiership opposition to a shitty Wycombe League game on that Friday night before Christmas !

Nick

Administrator
Laughable ! What a crap argument, comparing a cup game on a Saturday against Premiership opposition to a shitty Wycombe League game on that Friday night before Christmas !

So it isn't price then? It's also who we are playing, whether it's cup or league, whether it's a Friday or Saturday or whether it's near Christmas? As soon as the price issue is removed, more barriers are then put up. "its cold","its christmas","its a friday", "its shitty wycombe" etc etc.

Worlds away from the "do it cheap and fill the ground" nonsense isn't it? It's more like the sit and home and whinge the loudest.

Astute

Are they not at home worrying about money after Christmas or is that just for home games? ;)

It's to much for a home game, surely one of the furthest games away of the season and beer etc is more of an issue then £2?
Away games are mainly for real hardcore supporters. It takes a lot more than just travelling up the road. It is normally a whole day out. And it costs much more than the ticket price. Having to pay a couple of quid more for an away ticket won't put most off.

Very different to a home game.

Nick

Administrator
Away games are mainly for real hardcore supporters. It takes a lot more than just travelling up the road. It is normally a whole day out. And it costs much more than the ticket price. Having to pay a couple of quid more for an away ticket won't put most off.

Very different to a home game.

So surely if people have paid £22 or so for Exeter away it's a bit weird when they moan and kick off about pricing for a home game that's a couple of quid difference but not mention anything about Exeter away pricing, after getting all worked up about it being a rip off to watch us play Stoke?

£22 against Stoke before fees (think a quid) = "Why is it that price? Ridiculous decision. Price too high, not an attractive fixture"
£22 against Exeter away before fees (think also a quid) = "Got my tickets"

Maybe, people just want to moan and kick off for the sake of it.

Astute

So surely if people have paid £22 or so for Exeter away it's a bit weird when they moan and kick off about pricing for a home game that's a couple of quid difference but not mention anything about Exeter away pricing, after getting all worked up about it being a rip off to watch us play Stoke?

£22 against Stoke before fees (think a quid) = "Why is it that price? Ridiculous decision. Price too high, not an attractive fixture"

Of course some will moan whatever. I have a wife. I am used to it.

But what makes you say that it is people happy to pay that much for an away ticket that are moaning? I am happy to pay that much for an away ticket. And as I said earlier I am happy to pay that much for my ticket for Stoke. You seem to have ignored me saying that it would have been better to have made the cheapest ticket just under £20. There is a sychological difference of under £20 and over £20. It would have lost our club about £1 for each ticket they would have sold at full price. But every ticket sold extra would have gained us about £8.

Nick

Administrator
Of course some will moan whatever. I have a wife. I am used to it.

But what makes you say that it is people happy to pay that much for an away ticket that are moaning? I am happy to pay that much for an away ticket. And as I said earlier I am happy to pay that much for my ticket for Stoke. You seem to have ignored me saying that it would have been better to have made the cheapest ticket just under £20. There is a sychological difference of under £20 and over £20. It would have lost our club about £1 for each ticket they would have sold at full price. But every ticket sold extra would have gained us about £8.

I've seen people going mad about the pricing for Stoke, saying how it's an unattractive game but then no issue paying Exeter the same money.

I'm not saying you by the way.

Astute

I've seen people going mad about the pricing for Stoke, saying how it's an unattractive game but then no issue paying Exeter the same money.

Are they going to Exeter though?

Ashdown

Again your argument is completely irrelevant because 95% of supporters who will go to Exeter will most likely go every home game anyway !?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

There’s only 350 people that that argument applies to Nick. You just argue the opposite way for the sake of it. Everyone of mental sanity knows that the prices are ridiculous....

Got your attention! Is it possible to change your username on SBT? I’m about to move so Earlsdon will no longer be appropriate! Thanks

Nick

Administrator
There’s only 350 people that that argument applies to Nick. You just argue the opposite way for the sake of it. Everyone of mental sanity knows that the prices are ridiculous....

Got your attention! Is it possible to change your username on SBT? I’m about to move so Earlsdon will no longer be appropriate! Thanks

I am pointing out how many get angry because it is CCFC but have no issue when it's others. So much so they probably don't even think about it.

Yes just PM me what you want it to be.

ccfcway

Not saying I agree with them, but for me it’s two different products. Personally I would pay double away from home than I would at home.

Nick

Administrator
Not saying I agree with them, but for me it’s two different products. Personally I would pay double away from home than I would at home.

Which is strange, as it's the home money that pays the players to go and play the away games.

Pay double to the teams we are competing against to go towards their budgets?

Astute

Which is strange, as it's the home money that pays the players to go and play the away games.
Most people that go to home games don't or very rarely go to away games. STH's do pay half the price of an away ticket

Fergusons_Beard

Anyone else having trouble buying Stoke Tickets this morning. Open to members today and I can’t buy any!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread