Swindon (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

This will be brilliant tomorrow. Glad we got our tickets in advance. Behind the goal is uncovered and weather looks terrible. Feel sorry for the SBA behind the goal. Same as a couple of seasons ago

letsallsingtogether

This will be brilliant tomorrow. Glad we got our tickets in advance. Behind the goal is uncovered and weather looks terrible. Feel sorry for the SBA behind the goal. Same as a couple of seasons ago

I remember that game sat there looking at the hundred or so City fans getting pissed on.
No very nice used to put up with it on the old cop but hey they were the days.
Anyway time to put Swindon to bed 2-1 to City PUSB

Mcbean

Yes but I think our away fan clan make it seem like an away game for the opponents :claping hands: good effort

Astute

I don't mind how wet I get as long as we win :)

fernandopartridge

Yes nobody should play on a Saturday. How disgusting.

This is a bloody match thread. WTF should we have people having a pop at CCC and Wasps all the time on match threads. Yes we get the idea. You don't like what has happened. But neither do the rest of us. Can you keep your bullshit comments to the bullshit threads please?
It's about BBC C&W you wally

fernandopartridge

I remember that game sat there looking at the hundred or so City fans getting pissed on.
No very nice used to put up with it on the old cop but hey they were the days.
Anyway time to put Swindon to bed 2-1 to City PUSB
It might please you to know I was one of them. Also going to be in that stand tomorrow!

matesx

Im at the back of covered stand... thank feck.

Good luck to you poor sods behind goal. Its going to slash down.

maxiee08

Was hoping to attend as im only in southampton but as a student i cant afford it gutted im missing out but a 2-0 victory predicted from me with fleck and fortune goal enjoy to those who go and make sure they win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Good morning all.

Couldn't sleep. Really looking forward to this one. Will let them all sleep for a couple more hours then stick them in the bus and start the journey. Safe journey all and enjoy the win :p

Macca

Defence to finally crack today. Hopefully we will remember how to score and get one of our own, 1-1

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

2-1 Swindon

2 down by HT

Tudgay goal about 15 mins from the end a game we dominate for the last 60 minutes but come away with nothing.

Astute

3-0 to us. Most one sided game for years.

stupot07

On paper it looks a nailed on win, however we have been struggling in front of goal and only scored 1 in our last 4 games. That and our cleansheets I think the score line will be closer than perhaps the performance will deserve.

1-0 to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Johnnythespider

Any kind of win will do me, I would like us to stay in touch with the top two. Be nice to win by 3 or 4 but I think it will be tighter so 2-1 to the city.

The Lurker

Leaving in 20 mins. Looking forward to it. I'll take anything but I can see us smashing these muppets 3 or 4. Were due to spank some team soon!

lifeskyblue

We all know that anything can happen in football...a team not given a prayer gets an unlikely win...a team that can't score hits a hatful etc etc. So I'm worried about today as we always seem to end another teams terrible run. But now we have TM in charge will things be different? If we get anything out of today I will be happy and will see it as further proof of progress.
Safe journey to the SBA...and hope it's a memorable day for the sky blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covhead1

2-0 to us.

Cole and armstrong hitting the back of the net.

See you in swindon. PUSB

Kingokings204

Swindon have lost 8 of the last 9 if I saw correctly. Should be winning this after 2 in my opinion disappointing 0-0 draw.

1-0 city and RCC for another clean sheet.

RCC
O'Brien Ricketts Martin Stokes
Lamires Fleck Vincelot Murphy
Cole
Armstrong

Think O'Brien could do a job at right back and I think the team misses his energy. Kent is a better prospect off the bench at the minute. Fortune is good at what he does but think we need a more direct route going forward.

Games like this always used to worry me but under Mowbray I think we'll add to there pain. 3-0 Armstrong Hat trick.

skybluelee

RCC
Phillips, Ricketts, Martin, Stokes
Vincelot, Fleck
JOB, Cole, Kent
Armstrong

Like others have said, this on paper has away win written all over it. Unfortunately 32 years of being a City fan has taught me to expect to be disappointed. 1-1.

stupot07

I'd go old school, if we're agreeing the Cole has similar attributes to Maddison, and we looked our most potent in the first 3 games.

RCC
Phillips - Martin - Ricketts - Stokes
Vincelot - Fleck
Lamieres - Cole - JOB
Armstrong

Then Murphy and Kent can come on last 20 when defenders are getting tired.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I'd go old school, if we're agreeing the Cole has similar attributes to Maddison, and we looked our most potent in the first 3 games.

RCC
Vincelot - Fleck
Lamieres - Cole - JOB
Armstrong

Agreed. JOB and Lameiras have us a little less haste and a bit more brain going forward IMO.

I suspect he'll go Fortune up top and no Lameiras though.

covcity4life

RCC
Vincelot - Fleck
Lamieres - Cole - JOB
Armstrong

Yeah I wouldn't mind a return to that front 4.

Sbarcher

Late change of plan. Was going to give this one a miss but sitting at Didcot waiting for the 12-55. Hopefully plenty of tickets on the gate.

SkyBlue_Bear83

RCC
Vincelot - Fleck
Lamieres - Cole - JOB
Armstrong

Yea I could see Lameiras and Cole linking up well in the way he did with Maddison early on

Paxman II

I'll go the law of averages ...
We can't surely keep 5 clean sheets in a row?
We surely will score this time?
We are playing a team due a win?
We have TM they have their chairman on team selection.

OK not as easy as it looks, 1-3 to us in the end I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread