Time to part ways… (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

I wonder why there's an element of Robins is untouchable amongst the fan base.

Can't possibly imagine why.
Because they feel an obligation towards him for what he’s done in terms of dragging us from League 2 to the Championship. I think that was a great achievement, but at what point does that credit diminish and when do we think with someone else at the helm we can go further? I know DK said we aim to be an EPL team within 5 years. Is that feasible with MR in charge? Is he progressing as a manager or has he stagnated?

If we part ways, who can take over and will he succeed or will it backfire like our signings this season?

Matt smith

Because they feel an obligation towards him for what he’s done in terms of dragging us from League 2 to the Championship. I think that was a great achievement, but at what point does that credit diminish and when do we think with someone else at the helm we can go further? I know DK said we aim to be an EPL team within 5 years. Is that feasible with MR in charge? Is he progressing as a manager or has he stagnated?

If we part ways, who can take over and will he succeed or will it backfire like our signings this season?
Plays offs 3 out of 4 years now is the aim

he’s set his stall out - robins now needs to go and deliver

Chris1987

Surely a major consideration here is the budget that has been available. To date Robins has been the master of managing on a shoestring with great loan signings and some astute transfers. The past is gone . Yes he has to be given plenty of time to rebuild. What are the criteria for deciding whether the team is a relative success or not based on the spending ?
Ultimately it's Doug who will decide , that decision is fuck all to do with us.

covcity4life

This isn’t a sack Robins or Robins out thread.

When has a manager like Robins (who’s been here for a long time) actually just taken the club as far as he can?

Does there come a time when naturally with both parties you have to freshens things up, new ideas, new ways of working with players etc?

Robins did better with no money/limited funds and got the team to gel, yet he can’t do it will multi million pound footballers? Is it just a step too far?

He’s done what was required which was lift us from the it’s of the football league to settled back in the Championship. Is it task complete and now we need a new breed of manager to take us forward?
You should stick to only posting during transfer windows!!

Let me down bro

napolimp

This is fair enough. I mean we did just lose 2-1 away from home to the team pretty much top of the championship. It's clearly a shambles.

Otis

Let’s be clear. What Robins has done here since taking over is miraculous. They ought to offer him a contract that just runs until he decides to retire.
Or he gets assassinated from a single sniper shot by a poster on here

CovLad94

Robins has already said the squad isn't complete, we're probably another transfer window and maybe a full season with these players to get to where we want, time is needed and time will tell.

pusbccfc

No, but it's been a worse start to the season than people are trying to make out

However, he doesn't go unless it's an complete disaster of a season. That's unlikely to happen because there are too many poor sides below us.

Sick Boy

Even if it’s a disaster of a season and we get relegated … in June, every league 1 team would sack their manager to bring him in.

If I was in charge, he’s got another 18 months at least.
No they wouldn’t. If he got us relegated he’d be nailed on to get the sack.

pusbccfc

Doug is already unpopular with some, he'd be even more unpopular if he sacked him anytime soon.

ptr

Absolutely does not need sacking but needs to start playing the striker we paid a lot of money for.

Godden has 1 goal in his last 12 (started 9 of them) and hasn’t been a threat at all.

Simms has 2 in his last 12 which I know is not great at all but has only started 6 of them.

Fed up watching Godden run around and ruin most of our counter attacks. Easy afternoon for the defenders every time.

A front three of Sakamoto, Simms and Wright would be a handful for most in our league but for some reason we are yet to see it. Take the shackles off Robins.

robbiethemole

Still can’t believe he hasn’t accepted responsibility for a shit choice of starting side, the whole shitshow was his fault and his alone. Has his brain been affected by covid?

Johhny Blue

This isn’t a sack Robins or Robins out thread.

When has a manager like Robins (who’s been here for a long time) actually just taken the club as far as he can?

Does there come a time when naturally with both parties you have to freshens things up, new ideas, new ways of working with players etc?
Save this topic for April (The 1st)
Robins did better with no money/limited funds and got the team to gel, yet he can’t do it will multi million pound footballers? Is it just a step too far?

He’s done what was required which was lift us from the it’s of the football league to settled back in the Championship. Is it task complete and now we need a new breed of manager to take us forward?
Save this for April ( the 1st)

SJ80

Are our fans actually mad - gets us from league 2 to the championship , one kick away from the premier league , loses the 2 best players in the championship , reality a rebuild season this year ! Yeah let’s sack the guy- fucking morons

BackRoomRummermill

MR will pull us through all of this - I just don’t want to get relegated which we won’t - I think this year we will have a good FA cup run for some strange reason

Brighton Sky Blue

Clearly he should have at least the whole of this season with the opportunity to replace Hamer which was never done. But given how few fans expected a bottom half finish, never mind a relegation scrap, thousands will probably not renew should the season end up that way.

It’s fair to say he’s underachieved with this group so far.

Blind-Faith

He gets this season and the rest of next season as far as I’m concerned, this season to get the squad he wants, as most are on long term contracts, we only need the odd quality signing here or there.

Next season we need to see the team producing after having atleast a year of playing together.

Users who are viewing this thread