Tonights Forum 07/06/13 (2 Viewers)

J

Jack Griffin

Keith asked the questions that I was going to ask on Monday, again without really getting an answer. Other than income was "journaled" across from Holdings to Limited in 2011, which again seems very suspicious. I do have some related follow up questions which I still inted to ask.

Do we know at what point the accountant there tonight became involved with the club? Is it more than 18 months ago?

In the first forum he said he was brought in about 1 year ago.

dongonzalos

Couldn't listen tonight but looking forward to going on Monday...what is the general view about Timmy's performance tonight...how did it compare to last night? Did he actually answer any questions tonight or avoid giving a direct answer throughout the evening like last night?

I personally felt he really struggled in two areas.

The accounts and why the club is not for sale.

Will be interesting to see these two subjects get really probed.

Also the accountant made reference to this forum showing that this is getting read.

Delboycov

I personally felt he really struggled in two areas.

The accounts and why the club is not for sale.

Will be interesting to see these two subjects get really probed.

Also the accountant made reference to this forum showing that this is getting read.

I thought he struggled a lot last night but was allowed to wriggle out of so much as he wasn't really probed when he avoided answering difficult questions. I also thought the accountant gave the impression he really didn't want to be there last night! Never doubted this forum is being monitored by them and I personally believe there have been occasional posters on here with a clear SISU agenda...but of course I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist ;-) Thanks for the update Don...

Lord_Nampil

A cracker. If the administrator is neutral and that happens then the FA get to decide who takes the club forward

Tonight was like going round in circles and then some one mentioned the administration and tim answered, I then had to ask and to be fair to him he answered! And then IMO everything seemed to make sense!

bigfatronssba

he's working this book thoughView attachment 2085
pencil.png

Still laughing at that.

Mind if I put that picture on Twitter?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
wasnt there tonight ....... there are a lot of other good people too who would seem to have put tf on the spot once or twice

was going last night but couldnt get there will try get there monday.

Trouble i find with this process is if you can only ask a question then any pressure on TF is deflected by the next question addressing something else

James Smith

wasnt there tonight ....... there are a lot of other good people too who would seem to have put tf on the spot once or twice

Trouble i find with this process is if you can only ask a question then any pressure on TF is deflected by the next question addressing something else
Yes wouldn't it be great if the next person said my question is "Why haven't you answered the previous fan/speakers question?"

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Couldn't you have a code word, universally recognised within the room, that would act as precursor for everyone to shut up when they heard it? If you say the word 'grapefruit' at the end of your question, everyone will know its you

bigfatronssba

It doesn't seem as bad for that as at past forums.

There has been a definate shift in the attiudes of Linnell, Eakin and Foster so that if Tim doesn't answer your question you get the chance to follow it up.

J

Jack Griffin

It doesn't seem as bad for that as at past forums.

There has been a definate shift in the attiudes of Linnell, Eakin and Foster so that if Tim doesn't answer your question you get the chance to follow it up.

I think the true extent of their misjudgement of the real attitude of the fanbase has finally become apparent. Pity they were so slow on the uptake.

pw362

<p>
A cracker. If the administrator is neutral and that happens then the FA get to decide who takes the club forward
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
IMO Football league have already decided that SISU will be given the golden share. Why else would they be saying which grounds they would find acceptable for us to move to for the next three years

dongonzalos

<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
IMO Football league have already decided that SISU will be given the golden share. Why else would they be saying which grounds they would find acceptable for us to move to for the next three years

They can't ignore their question. They have to advise them in case they buy Ltd.

SISU whilst waiting have to get the ball rolling

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Shame their wasn't more there. only half full that is why the heckling was loader.The first supporter was very good tied them up but all they wanted to do was go to the next one shame really as he never really answered a question that is why a couple left fed up with all the bull.............................

stupot07

I thought he struggled a lot last night but was allowed to wriggle out of so much as he wasn't really probed when he avoided answering difficult questions. I also thought the accountant gave the impression he really didn't want to be there last night! Never doubted this forum is being monitored by them and I personally believe there have been occasional posters on here with a clear SISU agenda...but of course I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist ;-) Thanks for the update Don...

He was allowed to wriggle out of answering because the crowd were heckling and disrupting answers.

Bluegloucester

I think the true extent of their misjudgement of the real attitude of the fanbase has finally become apparent. Pity they were so slow on the uptake.

Sisu know absolutely nothing about football , how a club operates and the connection with the supporters. To them it is a business with customers.

dongonzalos

He was allowed to wriggle out of answering because the crowd were heckling and disrupting answers.

Yes frustrating when some key questions were asked. When he flounders don't jeer let the person questioning , screw him down more.

His plan has more illogical floors than a dahli masterpiece.

Just keep probing and it unravels don't jeer and topic hop.

stupot07

Yes frustrating when some key questions were asked. When he flounders don't jeer like the person question screw him down more.

His plan has more illogical floors than a dahli masterpiece.

Just keep probing and it unravels don't jeer and topic hop.

When I pointed this out earlier, the 'passion' card was thrown at me......

dongonzalos

Exactly the presenters need to understand a question that doesn't get answered and allow the person to probe..

If it is rubbish then move on.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Grendel

bigfatronssba

Sisu will be the highest bid they will it seems buy it back

I agree, until football is forced to sort itself out then this will keep happening.

The FA, FL, and PL have all said they will resist political intervention in the game, yet they have yet to prove they are fit to run it.

stupot07

I agree, until football is forced to sort itself out then this will keep happening.

The FA, FL, and PL have all said they will resist political intervention in the game, yet they have yet to prove they are fit to run it.

The whole games needs a shake up, football shouldn't be exempt from normal business practices. The whole acceptance that a club is expected to make big year on year losses is completely wrong.

oakey

Looks like WBA fans who have sailed free from all this may have cause to be concerned. Chairman has just Transferred his 60% stake from Ltd to a new company Holdings.
Sound familiar?

bigfatronssba

Looks like WBA fans who have sailed free from all this may have cause to be concerned. Chairman has just Transferred his 60% stake from Ltd to a new company Holdings.
Sound familiar?

"Normal Business Practice"

georgehudson

smoke, mirrors, diatribe, & bluff,
if, any sane person wishes to follow the sisu edict,
then that is your choice,
let justice prevail

Flying Fokker

It is so obvious when TF or his sidekick speak that they are trying to obfuscate ... smother us with financial detail, push the idea that the club is out of control through no fault of the current owners and suck us into their solution as the only one.
They are trying to wear us down to despair so they can lead us by the nose to wherever they lead, believing there is no alternative.
Off to dictionary dot com Obfuscate:
1. To make so confused or opaque as to be difficult to perceive or understand: "A great effort was made . . . to obscure or obfuscate the truth" (Robert Conquest).
2. To render indistinct or dim; darken: The fog obfuscated the shore.

Flying Fokker

Exactly the presenters need to understand a question that doesn't get answered and allow the person to probe..

If it is rubbish then move on.

Last night was strange. Someone posted that Tim Fisher will talk finance all night.....He has an agenda to slow down and just let the clock tick on...It is his forum, 30 seconds of barracking is letting him off the hook. Must have lost a fair amount of time that way.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The whole games needs a shake up, football shouldn't be exempt from normal business practices. The whole acceptance that a club is expected to make big year on year losses is completely wrong.

That's absolutely and wholly true. But it has a pertinent flip side. The negativity of the financial debate with regards rent, stadium related incomes aside for a moment; the arrangement leaves SISU with a remarkably simple business plan. Match expenditure against oncomes via ticket pricing, plus other streams such as hospitality, the shop, shirt sponsorship, TV revenues and cup runs.

From whatever they can raise in this regard, the costs are subtracted; the rent, the academy, etc.

The income from the list above would be in the parish of £5 to 6m; even with last seasons crowds. Subtract the prime costs, and there should be some £4m balance. From that, they run their football club.

Fisher - holding them up now as a shining light as he has a new agenda - tells us that Yeovil went up with a third if that sum.

We haven't gone up, we haven't stayed within the confines if a simple operating plan, and we've stacked debt - year on year, right up to now.

You can't make the post you did, yet retain any confidence in SISU's ability to run our football club; as those two views would diametrically oppose one another

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread