Train strike 30th July (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

A lot more should be protesting, you're right. Wait, hang on

We demand better: March and Rally, 18 June | TUC

If we didn't have some of the harshest anti union laws in the first world you'd undoubtedly have seen more strike action and protest by now.
Our union laws are quite lenient compared to majority of other European countries that’s why they’re abused by idiots who think they deserve more, if you ask me a bus driver is more skilled than a train driver they press a button and if they go they sit there and incase of emergency

Grendel

And not every striking worker is greedy.

So why kick off with that, rather than criticising shareholders?

What about shareholders who take minor dividends in an SME to ensure the company and its employees survive. Did you have a 10% pay rise?

Grendel

I refer the dishonourable gentleman to the answer I gave some hours ago.

if that company didnt offer that surely it should close down and give people who work there a chance of a much better life?

Grendel

The vast majority in this country aren't paid enough for what they do, correct. It's mainly the ones who collectively organise and campaign for more though who tend to get it.

It's 'I'm alright Jack' until it inconveniences you

You always are alright though as unless you choose to leave your job you are in a protected employment bubble

SkyBlueSoul

Have you all solved the train strikes yet or should people start making alternative plans for getting to the game?

Grendel

Do you agree that foreign governments can take profits out of a national service ahead of British workers?

Well yes or companies like JLR Ford and Vauxhall would be closed forever frankly it’s childish and irrelevant - and oddly that’s a pro brexit argument right there isn’t it?

The reality is basically at a small company level of course people can have inflation pay rises but others would lose their jobs to pay those that stay. That’s what happened in tbe 70’s when the Callahan government failed in its pay constraint argument.

this is a juvenile argument

NorthernWisdom

Well yes or companies like JLR Ford and Vauxhall would be closed forever frankly it’s childish and irrelevant - and oddly that’s a pro brexit argument right there isn’t it?

The reality is basically at a small company level of course people can have inflation pay rises but others would lose their jobs to pay those that stay. That’s what happened in tbe 70’s when the Callahan government failed in its pay constraint argument.

this is a juvenile argument
Since when are JLR Ford and Vauxhall a national service?

Since when is a small company a train network?

What's childish and irrelevant is trying to twist the thread away from its subject.

Grendel

Since when are JLR Ford and Vauxhall a national service?

Since when is a small company a train network?

What's childish and irrelevant is trying to twist the thread away from its subject.

Their shareholders are predominantly made of overseas investors

I didn’t know this was an elitist celebration of train workers but a more general discussion on what’s fair. Why is it fair when workers can hold public to ransom get the big pay rise and those who don’t have an impact on the public don’t as no one gives a fuck. That’s not very fair is it?

Grendel

Also surely if you support the European Union you accept EU movement of profits to the likes of Avanti — that’s what being in tbe eu is about isnt it? Odd thoughts here from the remain side - British jobs for British workers mentality to me

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

Also surely if you support the European Union you accept EU movement of profits to the likes of Avanti — that’s what being in tbe eu is about isnt it? Odd thoughts here from the remain side - British jobs for British workers mentality to me

English for English you mean-after all nobody on the ‘leave side’ cares if the UK splits apart?

clint van damme

Think the argument is better paid jobs for the average working man regardless of nationality.

And we're not in the EU anymore. Time for Brexit to start delivering some of the benefits it promised, of which one was higher wages.

fernandopartridge

You know where I work. I showed the guys your advice - they think your an entitled c**t who doesn’t live in the real world but honestly come round and explain why we close the place and throw everyone out of work as we can’t afford an inflation matching pay rise

I’m not joking the offers there

Are you saying that the party you continually vote for have created such poor economic conditions that you can’t put your prices up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Are you saying that the party you continually vote for have created such poor economic conditions that you can’t put your prices up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have on average increased prices up by 15% which includes absorbing the annual pay rise of employees so the profit margin is reduced

rob9872

Utter wankers.

Should be illegal.

Just announced 20th Aug, booked tickets back from Gatwick ages ago and would've been back in time for home game. Guess that's fekked now!

Evo1883

giphy.gif

Chip Batch

G

You can support that and public ownership of utilities and services. Rather than money being syphoned off to shareholders it’s reinvested for the benefit of us all.

clint van damme

Utter wankers.

Should be illegal.

Just announced 20th Aug, booked tickets back from Gatwick ages ago and would've been back in time for home game. Guess that's fekked now!

Can't you park your tractor at Gatwick and drive home.

Users who are viewing this thread