Wasps downward spiral... (17 Viewers)

wingy

What was said?
Been before culture committee today.
More focused on Worcester as it was them in focus at the time meeting was instigated .
RFU and PRL got slaughtered.
End of segment refered to the share and unless I'm mistaken they definitely will lose the share which will be good news for the BH .
Wasps comment I assume from new operators was that impossible without it ,or wording of that effect .
That's how I took it anyway.

Evo1883

Think it's been confirmed they will lose the P share on ITV just now .
They reckon won't survive without it .
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Terry Gibson's perm

chiefdave

“it’s all ok - nothing to worry about”

isn’t that what he said before Wasps went to the wall?

Probably not the best idea to let the taxman know you're trying to avoid paying tax

When he retired in 2008, Dallaglio told the Financial Times how he had made his 'first million', adding: 'I think one has a responsibility to ensure that the taxman does not get everything.

Skybluesince82

As far as Dallaglio goes potentially becoming bankrupt I can’t say I have any sympathy. Hats off to him for his achievements as a player and for some of his charity work, but when I saw him once at the Ricoh I was wearing a CCFC hoodie and he looked me up and down like I was absolute shit on his shoe.

I’m a great believer in karma and whilst it’s taken a few years, the badges coming down and Dellaglio’s situation shows the good Lord is still working his magic.

tisza

Seems like they are eyeing up Worcester ground View attachment 27541
genuinely don't get it. They couldn't build a decent fanbase in a large city +catchment area like Cov so why move to a city (with a limited catchment area) where there is already a decent size rugby club? Do they expect the fans that are left from London & Cov to travel there every home game?

Brighton Sky Blue

genuinely don't get it. They couldn't build a decent fanbase in a large city +catchment area like Cov so why move to a city (with a limited catchment area) where there is already a decent size rugby club? Do they expect the fans that are left from London & Cov to travel there every home game?
I assume with the idea of merging the two clubs. Maybe would be best to just pack it all in.

wingy

Did I just hear the rumour of the Brummie Bulls potentially playing at the Commonwealth games venue on BBC local TV news.

Kneeza

Did I just hear the rumour of the Brummie Bulls potentially playing at the Commonwealth games venue on BBC local TV news.
You're going to have to clarify, as I have no idea who the Brummie Bulls are.
I've heard that Midlands Hurricanes (née Cov Bears) will be, if that's who you mean?

wingy

You're going to have to clarify, as I have no idea who the Brummie Bulls are.
I've heard that Midlands Hurricanes (née Cov Bears) will be, if that's who you mean?
Ah !
These are American football!
Just a bit at the end I thought I caught.
Some glitzy award's thing and a local bigwig , being asked by reporter.
His non confirmatory reply was there will be an announcement of "Something", in the spring.

Kneeza

Ah !
These are American football!
Just a bit at the end I thought I caught.
Some glitzy award's thing and a local bigwig , being asked by reporter.
His non confirmatory reply was there will be an announcement of "Something", in the spring.
OK, fair enough. I know nowt about gridiron, but assumed you were talking about RL (I could only assume the reference was to Birmingham Bulldogs who Cov Bears used to thrash annually!).
I've since checked that Hurricanes are definitely at the Alex next season, but no idea about the other lot - but it makes sense.

Terry Gibson's perm

Frostie

jordan210

I see they’ve got a donate button - some fucking cheek. There should be outrage if they’re still playing in Coventry next season.

Pretty sure that used to be the buy ticket button.

Wonder if this is why they got the community foundation back up and running. As it had been dissolved

As both Eastwood and Mary Jacquelyn are the directors of that as well as ACL and so on

bezzer

So Wasps have been given the go ahead to play in the Championship for 2023/24.
Also, a groundshare agreement has been reached with a Midlands venue for their home games. Wonder where that is.....

Users who are viewing this thread