Wasps signs have actually gone!! (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Purely hypothetically, does anyone know if it is permitted in the Rugby world for CRFC to absorb / merge with Wasps? Would they get the P Share / any legacy right to play at CBS?

Just a question relating to this thread.
It would be allowed, but I doubt CRFC would even entertain the idea.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Actually, fair play for replying.

You say the real amount put in is £25m. I believe it’s a bit more and wrapped up to their “debt” will be huge legal fees and court costs, added on to paper “investor returns” (interest and management charges). My point was in order to balance their books they’ll need £60m. Ie, they’ll need to get the £60m debt off their books. I believe they’ve done this by transferring / moving either £50m or £60m of their book liability to Doug King’s hedge fund (maybe the 15% is the £10m diff?). Ie that hedge fund now has the liability and DK has 85% of the club (pending). I’ll stick to my guns on that. You can laugh - I don’t care.

WRT Hudlin, I’ll stick by it. He was worth a look based on location, cost and potential. We signed Sam Mc from non-league, we also signed Dexter Walters. Some you win. I do like the idea of an Akinfenwa / Onandi Lowe / Hudlin type curveball on the bench; gives the opposition something to ponder.

I may or may not be wrong about Hyam. The comma / space thing was odd and the insight to the dressing room seemed to make sense. Yes he posted a week after - he’ll have still had some insight from his mates. Someone then pointed out Overson did the same. It was a fair point-out. Maybe he had insight to the dressing room - we may never know. I’ll concede I might be wrong. Unsure with hindsight.

Yes, I googled the wage bill to try to work out how much HMRC might be owed to lift the embargo. I hadn’t given it much thought. It does seem to have gone from 4m to 17m rather quickly. So what’s that? £2m non-player and £15m player salaries?
20 players on an average £15k week? Seems high - thought it was £15k top players maximum. In anycase - it was out of date info from Google. My bad.

Having gone to rugby playing school next to the Coundon Road stadium I have a soft spot for CRFC. CRFC had links to my school. Unfortunately Wasps are a bigger brand in recent history and much as I’d like you to be right, I don’t think you are. I’m worried that Wasps will be back at CBS.

There seems to be a weirdness on this forum of people trying to ridicule the opinion of others. It’s a football forum. The weirdos make me laugh. It’s fun.
I guess it's about what you consider break-even to be.

For me it's getting back the funds you've actually put in. Anything like management charges, interest are desired returns, not investment.

It'd be like me wanting to sell my house for £500k because that's what I wanted it to be worth at his point when I bought it. Doesn't mean it's actually worth that or that someone should or will pay it. Especially if I've spent the intervening years doing virtually no upkeep on it and smashed a whole through the roof that I'm currently covering up with polythene and gaffer tape.

TomRad85

The Wasps Shop...
Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

The Philosopher

I guess it's about what you consider break-even to be.

For me it's getting back the funds you've actually put in. Anything like management charges, interest are desired returns, not investment.

It'd be like me wanting to sell my house for £500k because that's what I wanted it to be worth at his point when I bought it. Doesn't mean it's actually worth that or that someone should or will pay it. Especially if I've spent the intervening years doing virtually no upkeep on it and smashed a whole through the roof that I'm currently covering up with polythene and gaffer tape.
I think the point is if you want to sell your house, have a mortgage for £500k “ spent the intervening years doing virtually no upkeep on it and smashed a whole through the roof that I'm currently covering up with polythene and gaffer tape.” and it’s worth £250k. You can’t afford to sell it because you owe more than it’s worth to the bank and they’ll chase you down for the balance.

That’s the SISU scenario until just about now that we’ve got a squad worth something and regular decent income and potential.

The problem seems to be that SISU have been playing with other people’s money and couldn’t write off easily. See how it works?

Last edited:

The Philosopher

Interesting compared to this from Facebook a Wasps fan posted… “needs to play in the Coventry area”

View attachment 27498
It did sound like the Rugby Prem bods had left the door open:

Something like “relegated unless they can prove exceptional circumstances such as COVID”.

Surely they’ll appeal and try to get the P Share income.

That said, signs down, little more optimistic that they won’t be back at CBS, was getting worried.

Users who are viewing this thread