Match Thread Watford (h) (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

They’ve started strongly and have home advantage whereas we are trying to bed in a lot of new players.
Tend to agree with you. That said, I'm glad they're playing Delap ahead of Estupinan (who I think may have left to move abroad?) That Philogene from Villa looked decent last season. Hoping Hull have loads away on international duty.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Watched the defender play the pass and assuming the keeper was gonna intercept it I looked at my phone. Causing me to only see the ball roll over the line.

You know what they say, " never take your eye off the Ball " 🏀

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

rIt was like a Sunday morning football match at Foleshill Park when I played in the 90s

Having watched the pre match video on Friday, Mark Robins kept going on about the pace in the Watford team, I think it put the wind the players.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Credit to Godden for his goal, he laid the ball off for Ayari's pass down the line just our side of the centre circle so had run 60 yards to get on the end of the pass

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yup, 10s to get from here -

1693830348754.png

To here -

1693830390493.png

That's in the 87th min from a 32yo who's played every league minute this season. That's why Robins can't leave him out atm.

Oh and this also shows one of the limitations of Palmer. Godden's run 20y further than him to get his goal...

lewys33

Worst 3-3 I've ever seen in my life! Not an advert for championship quality but would have been a great giggle for the neutral to watch.

- Penalty was never a pen, christ knows what the ref was thinking (there was a theme there for the whole game of course)
- Eccles should have had a pen from where I was
- performance from the majority of the team was bordering horrendous, even from the subs. MVE was standout for me with Fadz behind. Thomas obviously had an awful game but he's been brilliant up to that point in previous games.
- Haji looks so good at times but so lazy at other times, a bit frustrating
- Simms is getting himself in to some really good positions but not being fed the ball, hoping that comes with time and hoping he gets a goal to give him more confidence as he then seems to walk around and sulk a bit, I may be wrong.
- Sheaf and Eccles are too similar for me, both have moments of brilliance but were not in it enough this weekend. Hoping the Brighton lad can do a better job than he did when a sub with a bit of time.

I'm still trusting the process for now ... Christmas is when I will make proper judgement.

Offhegoes

After watching the highlights this morning, with more of a clear head than I had at the game yesterday I have to say I am disappointed about the goals that Watford scored. The first goal Tom Ince had so much time to run into the box and pick his pass despite us having about 7 defender back no-one took any responsibility. Latibeaudiere could have got tighter to the number 9 also, I thought this was a bit weak at the game also. Then their second the blonde 37 who to be fair looked a quality player was able to pick the ball up and ran half the length of the pitch and put it in the corner of the net despite having about 5 defenders around him and not one tried to make a tackle it almost reminded me of that Adrian goal in the West Ham testimonial and then the third goal we just pass it to them in the 18 yard box.
We were wide open aganst Sunderland (mainly in the 2nd half), and they had loads of space when they broke on us. Not something you see often in a Robins team. I guess it will take time to have everyone on board, after all, our team is 60% players bought in the last 6-7 weeks.

JulianDarbyFTW

We were wide open aganst Sunderland (mainly in the 2nd half), and they had loads of space when they broke on us. Not something you see often in a Robins team. I guess it will take time to have everyone on board, after all, our team is 60% players bought in the last 6-7 weeks.

Agreed, we're usually very good at minimising space. In the past, when we've had a couple of games this open, MR has changed the formation or roles to tighten it up. I'm expecting him to give it another couple of games as it's a new group, but if it stays the same then I wouldn't be surprised if he makes some tough decisions quite quickly.

fernandopartridge

View attachment 31769

To here -

View attachment 31770

That's in the 87th min from a 32yo who's played every league minute this season. That's why Robins can't leave him out atm.

Oh and this also shows one of the limitations of Palmer. Godden's run 20y further than him to get his goal...
Ben Sheaf was as far forward as Palmer and he started further back than Godden

Grendel

Ben Sheaf was as far forward as Palmer and he started further back than Godden

I saw the run through live - palmers “sprint” would have been beaten by Nora Batty - I think Bidwell was the only other to make it in the box

covcity4life

Robins is happy to talk about Simms and ayari workrate but too scared to say Palmer doesn't work hard?

Don't make sense does it. Maybe robins doesn't believe he is lazy?

Crazy I know.

Grendel

Robins is happy to talk about Simms and ayari workrate but too scared to say Palmer doesn't work hard?

Don't make sense does it. Maybe robins doesn't believe he is lazy?

Crazy I know.

No one said that did they? It’s his abject lack of pace in that situation that’s just a fact surely?

Hertsccfc

No one said that did they? It’s his abject lack of pace in that situation that’s just a fact surely?
You unsuccessfully tried to claim Palmer was slow last season. It's simply not true. Watch the number of times he outruns opponents with the ball. He seems to lack stamina but he is not slow.

Grendel

You unsuccessfully tried to claim Palmer was slow last season. It's simply not true. Watch the number of times he outruns opponents with the ball. He seems to lack stamina but he is not slow.

Nor was Mick Quinn over a few yards. I don’t think godden is quick over distance so I guess we will just have to have our views on it

Grendel

It's clear from all the times he runs to make really tough tackles he is not lazy.

He’s just not physically capable of playing the role he’s in with two forwards

Grendel

Palmer is fairly quick over a distance, there are just limits to how often he can do it.

When he’s up against 32 year old Matty Godden and loses by a considerable distance that’s pretty telling isn’t it?

The truth is no one can even have a debate on him it’s like he’s a protected species even though many have the same view as me

You are either a closet racist or you have a suppressed sexual desire for him which manifests itself in hatred.

fatso

Everyone bangs on about his lack of stamina, but he lasted 88 minutes on Saturday! And he didn't look fucked when he went off.

I wish I could last 88 minutes 😉

Hertsccfc

When he’s up against 32 year old Matty Godden and loses by a considerable distance that’s pretty telling isn’t it?

The truth is no one can even have a debate on him it’s like he’s a protected species even though many have the same view as me

You are either a closet racist or you have a suppressed sexual desire for him which manifests itself in hatred.
No it just seems to be that you can't. There's plenty of intelligent comments on Palmer from other posters.

fatso

There is a frightening amount of bed wetters on here who won't entertain even the slightest amount of criticism about a players performance without labeling the poster a hater, or accusing a poster of writing someone off without giving them a chance.

People seem to have lost all rational thinking and want to polarise every comment as support or total hatred.

Is it any wonder there's a pandemic of anxiety out there?

lewys33

I thought the entire team looked dead after 70 mins, fitness seems to be quite an issue …

I just had 6 churros with Nutella.

lewys33

Jack Black Yes GIF

CCFCSteve

View attachment 31769

To here -

View attachment 31770

It’s the determination. Same with Fadz. Not sure if this has been posted already but amazing recovery

All the younger lads should be looking at these two examples to show them what it takes to make things happen

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It’s the determination. Same with Fadz. Not sure if this has been posted already but amazing recovery

All the younger lads should be looking at these two examples to show them what it takes to make things happen

Yup fabulous defending/determination.

Interestingly when Fadz took a booking for the team in a similar run back, he chastised Palmer, I assume for not chasing back, but an iFollow lip reader would know for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread