“Significant bids turned down” (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Id be very surprised if anyone bids the touted 5 Mill for either of them

O'Hare, as much as i love him, is an attacking midfielder with dog shit assists and goals stats. Which in that position, should be what hes judged on

Hamer, well we all know dont we. Inconsistent as fuck. Can look like Iniesta one week but the following 4 games he looks like hes won a fucking competition to play

We will, if they maintain yheir current form and trajectory, be lucky to get around 3 or so million each.

God knows why so many people think we've got a couple of 10 million quid players

shmmeee

I bet Boddy was talking about Shipley when he wrote this. Turned down £500k from Bolton.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hamer, well we all know dont we. Inconsistent as fuck. Can look like Iniesta one week but the following 4 games he looks like hes won a fucking competition to play

Behave. He may have been inconsistent, but that was mainly due to being played when clearly not fit (in and around the Blues game comes to mind). Of all the things you can accuse him of (trying fancy flicks in the middle of the park, for instance), competition winner isn't one of them.

Warwickhunt

I bet Boddy was talking about Shipley when he wrote this. Turned down £500k from Bolton.
i think Boltons finances are quite tight and would have thought £500K beyond them really! However not disputing your comments and nothing surprises me when it comes to magic money trees in the EFL

shmmeee

i think Boltons finances are quite tight and would have thought £500K beyond them really! However not disputing your comments and nothing surprises me when it comes to magic mony trees in the EFL

Oh it’s a number from thin air. Just saying that I don’t expect we’ve had a multi million pound bid for a player and it’s not been reported.

CDK

Will be happy if sheaf stays under the radar and everyone keeps looking at hamer as he will go if not this window then the next one,if he goes this window then so be it ,but think it will give someone else a chance as we won't be play offs this season and give robins some extra budget come the summer.

clint van damme

Id be very surprised if anyone bids the touted 5 Mill for either of them

O'Hare, as much as i love him, is an attacking midfielder with dog shit assists and goals stats. Which in that position, should be what hes judged on

We will, if they maintain yheir current form and trajectory, be lucky to get around 3 or so million each.

God knows why so many people think we've got a couple of 10 million quid players

Given your track record for talking shit we'll probably get 20 million for each.

long way home

At some point all clubs have to sell and we historically are no exception. In fact we were known as a selling club, we played the system very well for a very long time. We develop our own or bought cheap and sold relatively high to mainly fund the following season. However last few season we were a big fish in a small pond and as that big fish we had the pulling power not only sign a better standard of player but keep them.

Now we have come along way but MR knows we are a few quality players short in key areas to sustain being a top 6 side. He needs more quality in the attacking areas of the field but also knows it costs more than we currently spend to get it. His only option could be to sell one of his better players to get the funding he needs to bring multiple quality players in.

If he doesn't do that or doesn't get the backing from the club the worry then becomes him thinking he has took us as far as he can. Let's hope we get a few more off the books, he gets a bigger budget come summer or they sell a Hamer and MR is given a tidy sum to improve the squad. I think he deserves that trust and chance to have a crack at it from the owners.

Last edited:

SBAndy

18 months to go on Hamer’s contract, wouldn’t be averse to him moving on for a decent fee. £5m would be quite decent business, and could use £3m of it to get 2 more decent players.

Sky Blue Harry H

The other thing people seem to ignore is whether the player intends going anyway.. If that is the case, it would be negligent of the club to not drum up interest and get the best possible price. Not saying that is the case, but when a player of value leaves, as is inevitable at some point, how often do we complain at the selling price (Maddison is an obvious example)? The last time I remember us being 'happy' at the fee received was a player to QPR? Borrowdale? Probably got that wrong, and somebody will correct me!

Sick Boy

The other thing people seem to ignore is whether the player intends going anyway.. If that is the case, it would be negligent of the club to not drum up interest and get the best possible price. Not saying that is the case, but when a player of value leaves, as is inevitable at some point, how often do we complain at the selling price (Maddison is an obvious example)? The last time I remember us being 'happy' at the fee received was a player to QPR? Borrowdale? Probably got that wrong, and somebody will correct me!
Haha the Borrowdale fee was robbery.

NorthernWisdom

Chaplin to Barnsley was a pretty good deal. McNulty to Reading decent, too.

Skyblueweeman

I really don't get the hate from Coventry fans towards Boddy. He arrived a month before MR came back so would've had a hand in bringing him back. He's helped provide a better relationship between manager and SISU, at least unmask Joy who no one had really seen previously, the clubs communication is better, helped oversee a transition to Hummel as kit supplier (arguably the best batch of kits in years). There's probably more.

I don't for a second believe Boddy (or anyone else for that matter) is 'touting' our best players. If our best players go, it'll be because they're our best players FFS. That's normal for every single club on the planet - if you're players play well, other clubs will notice them.

The club has managed to navigate the pandemic better than others. Are we financially sound? No. But I know first hand that the club are spending money more so than last season.

It just seems that it's 'cool' for some on here to have someone to moan about at the club. I just don't get it.

Grendel

I really don't get the hate from Coventry fans towards Boddy. He arrived a month before MR came back so would've had a hand in bringing him back. He's helped provide a better relationship between manager and SISU, at least unmask Joy who no one had really seen previously, the clubs communication is better, helped oversee a transition to Hummel as kit supplier (arguably the best batch of kits in years). There's probably more.

I don't for a second believe Boddy (or anyone else for that matter) is 'touting' our best players. If our best players go, it'll be because they're our best players FFS. That's normal for every single club on the planet - if you're players play well, other clubs will notice them.

The club has managed to navigate the pandemic better than others. Are we financially sound? No. But I know first hand that the club are spending money more so than last season.

It just seems that it's 'cool' for some on here to have someone to moan about at the club. I just don't get it.

He had nothing to do with bringing Robins back

I don’t know how we’d know how we’ve navigated the pandemic compared to others

He did navigate us to Birmingham to be fair

NorthernWisdom

I've only met him once, and tbf he came across pretty well. There were some inconsistencies, but I guess you have to accept that as an employee of the club, he's going to give the club's perspective, and that will be skewed.

This does read very much like trying to drum up business though - Richardson did this kind of thing quite a lot! And given our transfer incomings have generally gone under the radar until they're all but a done deal, this kind of vagueness, and mentioning a price is... odd, to say the least.

That doesn't make him Satan, but I'd be wary in this instance about the motivations.

Users who are viewing this thread