Next Sisu Out Protest? (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

Twist it how you want if it makes you feel good you k ow that is not what I meant.

You never make what you mean explicitly clear - just dance around the subject without addressing the point at hand.

So try this one: Do you feel the Trust should come out and condemn the Wasps move?

Yes or No is all I'm after.

letsallsingtogether

We got a statement condemning the sale of Roman Vincelot.

We didn't get a statement condemning the arrival of Wasps.

And you wonder why people are confused by what they stand for??
There's only one person confused here.
Have you been to see the Doctor.

NorthernWisdom

Exactly there have been various anti everyone protests and they were shot down as stupid and irrelivant by the same posters who are still knocking them,
They can't win in this thankless task.

tbf, those protests (definitely after them, and tbf before in the case of the marches, I thought) had people give praise. Maybe the Arsenal one was the surprise success, hill one wasn't particularly well attended - so be it. I do appreciate the trust get a lot of stick, and some of it is def unwarranted (I agree, have been ignoring this thread, but coming in late I have no idea why we're talking about the trust!) but at the same time, they're not above criticism. We can all deserve criticism at times, can't we? It's a fair point if we all end up too busy and too working to go to protests repeatedly for example. It's also a fair point that we could mostly all turn up to more of their open meetings, get involved more. Doesn't mean saying 'I think this could work better, because...' should be discouraged though.

letsallsingtogether

You never make what you mean explicitly clear - just dance around the subject without addressing the point at hand.

So try this one: Do you feel the Trust should come out and condemn the Wasps move?

Yes or No is all I'm after.
NO.

italiahorse

It will show CCFC fans that the Trust is not in the pocket of Wasps. It will unite fans far more than any other action will.

No it won't. It will satisfy your little niggle with them.
Sometimes you need to work with the enemy to make the best out the situation.
The Trust would need to ballot there members to get the trusts position. Individuals in the trust can also have their own opinion which may not necessarily be the same as the trusts.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I don't know exactly - but my point all along is that the Trust could co-ordinate protests against SISU, CCC, Wasps, CSF and everyone. But in order to maximise their effectiveness they need to clarify their stance. And IMO it has to be a condemnation of the Wasps move.

You might not believe it but I want the Trust to be successful. But I think it's needs to reaffirm its position.
I've protested against wasps had a go at Lucas at the jh memorial,ACL at the Ricoh I've asked people to join me and these were two of the most voiciferous anti ACL people guess what like most demonstrations there were five or six of us.
Now as for a statement what do you want it to say? The time for condemnation of the wasps move has gone we as fans missed our opportunity,however we now have a new opportunity and that is to put pressure on wasps the council CSF and obviously the club to enter meaningfull discussions re the academy and the ground with independent witnesses and let's see what happens. And no I'm not advocating that the trust attend

Ian1779

I've protested against wasps had a go at Lucas at the jh memorial,ACL at the Ricoh I've asked people to join me and these were two of the most voiciferous anti ACL people guess what like most demonstrations there were five or six of us.
Now as for a statement what do you want it to say? The time for condemnation of the wasps move has gone we as fans missed our opportunity,however we now have a new opportunity and that is to put pressure on wasps the council CSF and obviously the club to enter meaningfull discussions re the academy and the ground with independent witnesses and let's see what happens. And no I'm not advocating that the trust attend

I want it to says that the Trusts position on moving a sporting club from its home is wrong and that it condemns it.

It's not going to change what has happened you are right - but it establishes clearly the principles of said organisation.

It would also mean that future pressure on CSF, Wasps, CCC and SISU will be infinitely more credible. Let's also be clear that at this stage the club has said it is willing to engage in discussions - others are putting conditions in the way.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I want it to says that the Trusts position on moving a sporting club from its home is wrong and that it condemns it.

It's not going to change what has happened you are right - but it establishes clearly the principles of said organisation.

It would also mean that future pressure on CSF, Wasps, CCC and SISU will be infinitely more credible. Let's also be clear that at this stage the club has said it is willing to engage in discussions - others are putting conditions in the way.
I think we disagree on the credibility I think we would have less. As for the club being willing to engage in discissions that's after they have apparantly dropped their conditions at least in respect to the academy. The ground is another issue we can apply pressure once the academy is sorted out

Ian1779

I think we disagree on the credibility I think we would have less. As for the club being willing to engage in discissions that's after they have apparantly dropped their conditions at least in respect to the academy. The ground is another issue we can apply pressure once the academy is sorted out

Yes the fight right now is for academy. Other things have to wait.

For me I blame all sides in this debacle. How much is each sides fault I'm pretty sure we'll never know. I understand the want for SISU to leave but what other choices do we have at the minute really. Unfortunately not enough people care about this club at the moment for real change. Not enough people care (The FA etc.) for teams outside the 'big league'. Too many clubs are being mismanaged.

A song for all to sing,

You've ruined our club
You've ruined our club
SISU and Council
You've ruined our club.

sbadey

Talking of heads up arses.
Hang on a minute LAST, the trust is supposed to be a voice for sky blue fans right? So why do they no longer canvass for the general concerns or opinions of the fanbase? Why do they not forward info from meetings etc on a regular basis? They should represent the values and veiws of the general fanbase not just the veiws of the listed trust membership, until they fully resolve that problem they are just some meaningless skyblue named limited members club to me and I would suggest most other sky blue fans

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Hang on a minute LAST, the trust is supposed to be a voice for sky blue fans right? So why do they no longer canvass for the general concerns or opinions of the fanbase? Why do they not forward info from meetings etc on a regular basis? They should represent the values and veiws of the general fanbase not just the veiws of the listed trust membership, until they fully resolve that problem they are just some meaningless skyblue named limited members club to me and I would suggest most other sky blue fans

Again I ask why are you and others on about the trust on this thread?

dongonzalos

Only the council who shouldn't be in the discussions anyway

sbadey

Again I ask why are you and others on about the trust on this thread?
Probably because the trust are supposed to represent the entire fanbase and therefore act on the worries desires hopes of that fine supportive body of people, to be honest they fail to even know how we feel about our clubs plight never mind about arranging to assess the opinion of the whole fanbase and then mediating with whosoever it may be to improve our position

italiahorse

There comes a point where we just look silly and have no impact. Sisu ain't going anywhere, they couldn't give a shit about a protest. Better IMO to keep your powder dry for any event that might come up that would get a decent following and have the chance of a specific outcome.

But we should make them unwelcome here.
Nobody likes to be where they are not liked.
TF and CA should be cold shouldered in the stand on match days and if you do talk to them tell exactly how you feel.
One day they might do the right thing and leave.

Nick

Administrator
TF and CA should be cold shouldered in the stand on match days and if you do talk to them tell exactly how you feel.

What about Mark Venus?

Ian1779

If only you were interested in making Wasps feel unwelcome as well as SISU.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Probably because the trust are supposed to represent the entire fanbase and therefore act on the worries desires hopes of that fine supportive body of people, to be honest they fail to even know how we feel about our clubs plight never mind about arranging to assess the opinion of the whole fanbase and then mediating with whosoever it may be to improve our position

Are you deliberately missing the point this was a thread regarding a SISU out protest which the trust had nothing to do with . Now if you want to talk about the trust and what they should or shouldn't be doing then start a thread on that. While you're st it start other threads on what the club,wasps,CSF,Higgs and CCC should be doing or not oh and don't forget to start a thread on what you personally should be doing. Or is your role " supporting the team" I'll leave everything else to others? As for mediating they've tried but when certain factions undermine their efforts I would say that's a hard job.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Shmee hit it on the head, Sisu are not going any where. For me the reasons of us being in the situation we are is just down to economics, the owners of the club be it Sisu Capital , fund holders or any of the different shell companys used to keep peoples identity hidden in off shore tax havens have either stopped their investments and gone or Sisu have not had the money to enable them to buy all the infrastructure. Their desperately clutching at straws that a self sufficient team can gain promotion and get them something back but I think the long term is that the legal bill from all this litigation and the JR2 to come will put them out of business that's why they are continuing all the legals as it gives them time to find alternatives to extricate themselves.
This leads to the Trust, their approach of mediation at the moment is probably the best. The reason being is Sisu is a trapped animal and will not give a flying fuck what goes on in the periphery at the moment. I am all for any kind of militant action that would have a direct bearing and achieve real change, but our owners are that thick skinned I cant see them batting an eye lid, although it would relieve a lot of peoples pent up frustrations.
Sisu look like they are having to negotiate with all partys to secure the academy, this also points to the fact that they are having to come to the table as financially if you had the money to do so it would not be that expensive in the big scheme of things to open a new academy if you did have the finances to have enabled you to purchase the Ricoh. The unfortunate thing for us is that Wasps did have the financial clout to make the purchase, that does not make them the bad guys, just the smarter guys in a business sense. They have done the best thing for their club so how can you blame them for this outcome?

italiahorse

If only you were interested in making Wasps feel unwelcome as well as SISU.

That's gone, they've outmaneuvered us.
I've accepted it and moved on as nothing I can do will change that.
I do think fans are voting with their feet though as shown with 9,000 fans on Tuesday night.
It's death by a thousand small cuts and some people still think it will improve.
Nothing will change until they go and that may mean administration at least or liquidation at worst.

Nick

Administrator
That's gone, they've outmaneuvered us.
I've accepted it and moved on as nothing I can do will change that.
I do think fans are voting with their feet though as shown with 9,000 fans on Tuesday night.
It's death by a thousand small cuts and some people still think it will improve.
Nothing will change until they go and that may mean administration at least or liquidation at worst.

People were calling for administration last time weren't they so they would go?

letsallsingtogether

They are addressing the majority view.
This site has how many posters of those posters how many are calling for the things Ian is asking for.
I say it is less then 1% of the City fan base.
I go to nearly every game talk to numerous fans most don't even care a toss about Wasps while others attend wasps games.
As for the members of the Trust they should be the first ones that are accommodated.
The SCG also are supposed to represent the fan base, how many times have any of those who are supposed to represent various areas ever asked for or put fans questions to the board?
Well the answer may suprise you NONE.
The only ones who have asked if you want quesions putting forward are the Trust.
Funny how the same people who slag off the Trust never have a bad word for the SCG.
Wonder why that is?

Ian1779

They are addressing the majority view.
This site has how many posters of those posters how many are calling for the things Ian is asking for.
I say it is less then 1% of the City fan base.
I go to nearly every game talk to numerous fans most don't even care a toss about Wasps while others attend wasps games.
As for the members of the Trust they should be the first ones that are accommodated.
The SCG also are supposed to represent the fan base, how many times have any of those who are supposed to represent various areas ever asked for or put fans questions to the board?
Well the answer may suprise you NONE.
The only ones who have asked if you want quesions putting forward are the Trust.
Funny how the same people who slag off the Trust never have a bad word for the SCG.
Wonder why that is?

Does anyone actually take the SCG seriously?

Users who are viewing this thread