Port Vale (Away) Match Thread (4 Viewers)

hill83

Did we look improved with the changes? Overall a draw is a half decent result considering their home record.

chiefdave

We've dropped too many points recently to be happy with a point in any game if we still want to go for promotion.

Paxman II

Disappoiting.I didnt even know half the team. We are a completely different set from the winning side we had a month ago. Why?

Otis

Lol.obsessed aint ya?

If top 10 is fantastic don't moan so much when we lose.

As for today Ok point. Think we will go on a good lil run now.
We need to and I think we will. If we were carry on the sequence we have been on for the last 10 games or so I think something has to be seriously wrong.

You have to look at our players and believe we can win a sequence of matches.

shmmeee

Two winnable home games coming up, it's within our gift to get it back on track but it needs to happen. Anything lower than 6th will feel like a massive failure considering the first half of the season.

Sky Blue Dal

This is just ridiculous. Why do we struggle to get a second goal when taking the lead. This has gone on for too long. We have got no clue on putting the game to rest. All I can say is our strike force are not up to it when we break.

Like my WBA supporting colleague said that Mowbury plays heart attack football. Alway playing on the edge. As you can see it not worked for us. We are losing ground each match. Why is it that second half of the season is always our downfall.

The score today is just heartbreaking. We need to start winning and in consecutive week. We have for a long time not won a game back to back.
Finally that Murphy may have scored but not up to it anymore.

Ok rant over!!

SkyBlueMatt

Shamed to admit it but left early (didn't want to stay in that shithole for any longer). Outplayed for 90 minutes. 2nd to every ball. Could be the worst whole 90 I've seen this season. Can't understand the singling out of Murphy, he scored and was piss poor but so were the other 9. There were a couple of morons that calling him out every time.

Only positive is RCC had a good game. He had no chance saving their goal.

GaryJones

By Tuesday 16th Feb we could very well be out of the top 6. Millwall and Southend are 2 points below us each with a game in hand to be played on Tues 16th Feb.
Millwall at home to Scunthorpe - Southend away to Bradford.
Obviously the teams around us have all got games this weekend and things can change.
We could really do with beating Bury at the Ricoh this Saturday - NO EXCUSES.

SkyBlueMatt

That is absolute rubbish when you take into consideration all the parameters. You don't come out of a slump overnight. Today's point is a great building block with new players coming in. We can still kick on from this.

Were you there? Apart from RCC no one can take any positives out of that.

MatthewWallis

Shamed to admit it but left early (didn't want to stay in that shithole for any longer). Outplayed for 90 minutes. 2nd to every ball. Could be the worst whole 90 I've seen this season. Can't understand the singling out of Murphy, he scored and was piss poor but so were the other 9. There were a couple of morons that calling him out every time.

Only positive is RCC had a good game. He had no chance saving their goal.

How can it the best worst 'whole 90' if you left early?

Hobo

We've dropped too many points recently to be happy with a point in any game if we still want to go for promotion.

That is absolute rubbish. Win at home draw away. After our recent slump this is a good draw against a side that is good at home. Plus the new faces have shown promise and Rammage has bounced well. Sign RCC and Murphy might be getting back to firm. This is a good building block considering our recent form.

Gazolba

You have to look at our players and believe we can win a sequence of matches.

We've won 2 in the last 12 now. I wish I could see it happening.

chiefdave

That is absolute rubbish. Win at home draw away. After our recent slump this is a good draw against a side that is good at home. Plus the new faces have shown promise and Rammage has bounced well. Sign RCC and Murphy might be getting back to firm. This is a good building block considering our recent form.

We've now taken 12 points out of the last possible 36. You really think out of a possible 48 points remaining we will get 32?

italiahorse

Lethargic in every department.
Second to everything.
Poor first touches.
We gave them a lesson in 1001 different ways to give a ball away.
Murphy great goal but never chases back. Looses the ball and just shrugs his shoulders.
They were allowed to cross into the box at will.
Poor team display.the exception of Cooke who was top class today.
Mid table expectation.

Gazolba

<snip>
Murphy great goal but never chases back. Looses the ball and just shrugs his shoulders.
<snip>

That's why he is on loan to a L1 club.

Hobo

We've now taken 12 points out of the last possible 36. You really think out of a possible 48 points remaining we will get 32?

Who knows? But if you don't like it go and watch Portsmouth. We have improved drastically since last year and that what matters most, plus it is the beginning of February.

mark82

Really can't see us making the playoffs at the moment. The run of games we have last few weeks is extremely tough and we currently have about the worst form in the division. If you take into account games in hand we are now outside the playoffs so need to fight to get back in. Think we can now write off top 2.

Before anyone says it, Vale are a decent team... But teams who get promoted find ways to win this kind of game.

usskyblue

Lethargic in every department.
Second to everything.
Poor first touches.
We gave them a lesson in 1001 different ways to give a ball away.
They were allowed to cross into the box at will.
Poor team display.the exception of Cooke who was top class today.
Mid table expectation.

If Murphy scores next week, they'll say you said he was shit ;)

italiahorse

If Murphy scores next week, they'll say you said he was shit ;)

Then they need to go to matches and get the full picture.
Have you ever played a game of football where the younger players just want to score the goals and you end up running past them to defend?

lifeskyblue

Ok. We have ended our losing run and got a point whilst not playing too well. Teams who get promoted get points they don't deserve...that's where we have failed in recent weeks. If we are to make the playoffs now is the time to get behind the team and manager and make the Ricoh a fortress again. Come n city...fans and players...roll your sleeves up ...fight for every point, sing them home. PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Shocking. We have played well once in 15 games.

Playing defensive football doesn't work if your defence is poor.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why not? We have good players, get a bit of confidence back and no reason we can't go on a good run. The hardest part is getting the confidence back and turning the corner, today was a step towards that.

With the new signings should hopefully shore up the defence and give our attacking talent the platform to express themselves.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Guess it depends on what the goal is, if we're going for a play off place a draw is a good result. If we're still trying for automatic a draw is a bit disappointing.

Otis

We've won 2 in the last 12 now. I wish I could see it happening.
But if we don't it is going to end up being a terrible season.

We carry on like we are now and it is going to be midtable at best.

I can't believe that this is how it's going to be for the rest of the campaign. If it is then we must be a below average side for this division and I just don't see how we can possibly accept that.

We carry on like this and I really will be pointing the finger at TM, because it would be shocking last half of the season.

We have to believe we are better than that don't we? Surely!

Sick Boy

But if we don't it is going to end up being a terrible season.

We carry on like we are now and it is going to be midtable at best.

I can't believe that this is how it's going to be for the rest of the campaign. If it is then we must be a below average side for this division and I just don't see how we can possibly accept that.

We carry on like this and I really will be pointing the finger at TM, because it would be shocking last half of the season.

We have to believe we are better than that don't we? Surely!

If this sort of form was to continue to the rest of the season then serious questions would have to asked about whether or not Mowbray should remain in charge next season.

Users who are viewing this thread