Port Vale (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Especially as 80% of this forum declared that we quite comfortably have the best squad in the division and the teams going for the title are 'tinpot'.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If this sort of form was to continue to the rest of the season then serious questions would have to asked about whether or not Mowbray should remain in charge next season.
Aren't you the one who keeps saying top 10 would be great progress? If we continue this form, then thats exactly where we would end up

dadgad

Must be tough trying to do a good job for your employers when they're devoted to court cases.
If this sort of form was to continue to the rest of the season then serious questions would have to asked about whether or not Mowbray should remain in charge next season.

Otis

I totally agree, because that would be shocking.

I have to believe we will start winning. We have the players to do so. It's now all about finding a system that works and wins games for us.

What we were doing, that was paying dividends is now longer working at all.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

ccfcmad1

Away from the football just saw on facebook apparently trouble after the game vale fan stabbed hope no truth in this

Sick Boy

Aren't you the one who keeps saying top 10 would be great progress? If we continue this form, then thats exactly where we would end up

Obviously a top 10 finish would represent great progress but not if half the season was spent under performing with relegation form

Sick Boy

Must be tough trying to do a good job for your employers when they're devoted to court cases.

I'm not aware of my employers being involved in any court cases? Off to LA in a few weeks to pitch for a project, so it can't all be bad.

Sick Boy

I totally agree, because that would be shocking.

I have to believe we will start winning. We have the players to do so. It's now all about finding a system that works and wins games for us.

What we were doing, that was paying dividends is now longer working at all.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

I fully agree

SkyBlue_Bear83

Obviously a top 10 finish would represent great progress but not if half the season was spent under performing with relegation form
Ok its just that after every bad result or performance you kept reiterating that top 10 would be great progress but now you're saying it wouldn't be from the position we found ourselves in after the Gillingham match when we were top.

covmark

Especially as 80% of this forum declared that we quite comfortably have the best squad in the division and the teams going for the title are 'tinpot'.
Change the record. You post this every time we don't get 3 points. It's almost as tiresome as stupot and his boring league table.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hobo

Guess it depends on what the goal is, if we're going for a play off place a draw is a good result. If we're still trying for automatic a draw is a bit disappointing.

No you keep going and see what happens. Some of our fans have given up after every game since Walsall at home.

We have been on a stinky run, new players coming in, plus how many have port Vale lost at home?

Would I take a point from this...yes I would!

H

Huckerby

Change the record. You post this every time we don't get 3 points. It's almost as tiresome as stupot and his boring league table.

I quite like that league table tbf.

Still, people don't like it when others post stats that can't be argued with

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

No you keep going and see what happens. Some of our fans have given up after every game since Walsall at home.

We have been on a stinky run, new players coming in, plus how many have port Vale lost at home?

Yes but you talk about drawing away matches and winning home matches, which will cement our play off place but won't be enough for automatic promotion. A draw today is fine for our play off ambitions but doesn't do much to help our automatic ambitions.

Automatics are not yet out of reach but we would need to do better than 2 points per game to get there

RegTheDonk

I think what is disappointing Hobo is rather than gaining a point, we have dropped two. We did the hard bit but yet again couldn't hold onto it.

italiahorse

Did you watch the game?

Hobo

I don't think that is a correct assessment not 80 per cent anyway, as at least 30 per cent have remained sceptical and negative to the progress and achievements.

covmark

I quite like that league table tbf.

Still, people don't like it when others post stats that can't be argued with

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
It's just pointless, everyone knows how the table looks, without dullards posting it.

chiefdave

It's true. The company I work for are currently in a legal dispute and I only gave 80% on that excel spreadsheet last thursday.

The likes of Microsoft, Apple, Samsung etc constantly have legal disputes going on. Does it matter to anyone who has a job there?

Hobo

Yes but you talk about drawing away matches and winning home matches, which will cement our play off place but won't be enough for automatic promotion. A draw today is fine for our play off ambitions but doesn't do much to help our automatic ambitions.

Automatics are not yet out of reach but we would need to do better than 2 points per game to get there

You might find some teams have a bad run to come and less time to recover. Of course no one knows but it would be stupid to give up, play to the whistle and all that.

Someone will drop out the top two and some one will drop out the top six. So much too play for. Didn't Burton lose two on the bounce after they beat us? Anything can happen.

Hobo

Did you watch the game?

No listened on the radio. But RCC was on better form. Murphy without being outstanding got a goal that might lift his confidence. Rammage come on and did well after being blamed for everything in recent games. Lorentzon and Rose were practically making debuts along with the two new loans in defence . All did well so a sign we can turn the corner. Henderson came on and almost scored.
We have a tough run in. But we are still in the frame. There was a lot of hope about today's performance even if it was far from perfect.

James Smith

This is the first chance I've had to look at the match and it is a little disappointing that we didn't come away with the win having scored first and been leading for so long. I hope TM is planning something to stem the tide of games we're not winning. Looking forward to Bury and seeing what he can pull out of the hat. PUSB

James Smith

The likes of Microsoft, Apple, Samsung etc constantly have legal disputes going on. Does it matter to anyone who has a job there?

I would hope that none of the playing staff are involved in the working on the court cases and are focused on the performance on the pitch.

Hobo

This is the first chance I've had to look at the match and it is a little disappointing that we didn't come away with the win having scored first and been leading for so long. I hope TM is planning something to stem the tide of games we're not winning. Looking forward to Bury and seeing what he can pull out of the hat. PUSB

We were defending most of the match.

torchomatic

Apples and pears
You're just a knob as always. You still want us to go under and start againnin non league?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Apples and pears

Having declared your boycott on moral grounds aren't you going again now there has been some potential success?

Guess the moral high ground starts again now we are slipping away.

James Smith

We were defending most of the match.

Without meaning to sound rude could you not bring my mood down until I've had a beer or two please.

SlowerThanPlatt

The day we went top Barnsley were bottom, 21 points behind, now they are 7 points behind us in 10th, with 2 games in hand.

Grendel

The day we went top Barnsley were bottom, 21 points behind, now they are 7 points behind us in 10th, with 2 games in hand.

Barnsley are flying - form team in the country.

CJ_covblaze

We were poor but improved on previous weeks. Lucky to get away with a point. RCC was outstanding without him I wouldn't want to think what the score would've been. The deflected free kick was one of the best saves I've seen anywhere. Nothing he could do with their goal. Was a screamer and you'll struggle to find many strikes better that that this season. May have got a hand to it but I'd give him credit for that!

Armstrong had a couple of chances and looked a lot more lively than his previous few outings. Trademark Murphy goal. How many like that has he scored now?

Sorry to parp on again about the same players but some individuals made too many poor choices and made too many mistakes. To sum up Ramage in the run up to our goal we had a FK in the centre circle. He ran to retrieve the ball and tried to pass to who ever was taking it. He missed by around 20 yards! I'd say like the team performance as a whole he was slightly improved but I still need convincing. Ricketts was ripped apart on at least two different occasions by at least two different Vale players in the first half alone. Form has dropped right off as late.

Henderson came on, ambled around for a bit in slow motion, tried to win a few headers in the middle of their half but didn't do much else until (to his credit) went close with a header at the end of the game. Cargill and Stevens seemed reasonably solid and have potential.

Last edited:

Hobo

Without meaning to sound rude could you not bring my mood down until I've had a beer or two please.

We still were shakey at times. But I think the new signings have brought something to the table. Even Rammage came on and did well. There were positives in this performance unlike the last two.

Go ahead and enjoy your beer.

Users who are viewing this thread