AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
Think there will be some changes against WW.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
We've got zero response to when team press us hard and pin back Dabo and McCallum.

McCallum was poor first half, but whipped some decent crosses in 2nd half.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
I said I’d have started Sheaf instead of O’Hare before the game. O’Hare being on still left the strikers isolated, especially as he tired, and Sheaf’s forward passing could have been useful. We’d also then have had Cal to come on as a game changer.

There did seem to be a lot of space between midfield and the strikers 2nd half

Magwitch

Jun 5, 2018
Just a poor game from both teams, only thing that was good about was another clean sheet, not saying this as an excuse but the pitch looked horrible to play on.
Thankfully I haven’t travelled 20 odd miles on a shitty wet Tuesday and paid 25 quid to watch it.

Reactions: aloisijohnnyaloisi

Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
Hoping the extra day's rest we have compared to Wycombe (away at Barnsley tomorrow) will give is an extra edge on Saturday. Just before he was subbed, what about that chase down of the ball by O'Hare, sprinting half the length of the pitch flat out? What an engine that lad has!

CanadianCCFC

Aug 20, 2018
Canada
Bringing Shipley on was pointless I’d rather have O’Hare on the pitch immediately after playing 2 entire games than Shipley just off the bench

Reactions: Londonccfcfan

DannyThomas_1981

Jun 28, 2017
Luton are a year ahead of us in this League. We battled it out, showed that we are becoming a little more streetwise in this league and ultimately cancelled each other out.

Our current situation is 100 times more positive than a couple of weeks back; we can continue to build on this unbeaten run and start looking up and not down. We should now believe that we belong in this division and can compete in any game.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Not sure I'd call that a poor defence. They were generally strong in the air - in fact I thought both sides' defences were really strong. McCallum had a good spell second half getting crosses in, but Dabo seemed a bit deeper throughout. It was a slog, but sometimes games are like that. They say the first thing you have to do is win the battle, and it felt like a bit of a slugfest that neither boxer could win.
They were strong in the air but we persisted with the same thing. Kelly was very poor and should have been subbed once he was booked, he looked tired and Sheaf's more enterprising passing would have benefited us but alas we stuck with it.

Maybe I am being harsh but just feels disappointing as you don't get the opportunity for 3 points against a team again. It feels like tonight's result is contingent on Saturday's but like Esoterica said we've not used the opportunity to give tired looking players a rest either.

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
I dunno about that game being on the red button,felt more like it belonged on the snooze button
Boom
giphy.gif

speedie87

Mar 28, 2011
Will be good point tonight if we win Saturday. Hopefully a win a Wycombe sorts our away form out like last season

Reactions: TomRad85

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
Sam was awful today. Another Derby performance.
Osti was a beast today.
Dabo decent enough but no attacking outlet today.
Kelly was awful tonight.
Hamer put a great defensive shift in the second half to cover.
Front 2 should have stayed in the mini bus.

baldy

Aug 12, 2008
Good crowd there tonight despite the cold weather.......oh

DannyThomas_1981

Jun 28, 2017
5 3 2 please so entertaining

Just last week you claimed that 3-5-2 leaked goals and that 4-5-1 was the only system that ensured we didn't concede at least 3 goals a game. You also stated at the time that limiting the oppo to not scoring goals should be our only objective i.e. 'we will not remain in this division by entertaining'.

What happens next? Surprisingly Robins ignored your usual nonsense and played 3-5-2 for the next 2 games limiting both teams to very few chances, conceding only 1 late goal and taking 4 points out of 6.

True to form - you then complain about the lack of attacking football. Jesus Christ - I have no words.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Aug 26, 2016
Some good results tonight. Wensdeh look fucked but they’ve got their usual 3 points coming against us on Saturday.
Hopefully Wycombe and Derby lose tomorrow. Keep them 7 points back and giving us the chance to go double figures above relegation.

where have you got Sheff weds at?

Users who are viewing this thread