Ohare contract (1 Viewer)

Deity

Really poor comments from Ohare.

No suggestion he’d like to stay, instead agent talk for I’ll be leaving on a free !.

He’s contributed nothing for 12 months and if he intends to walk in the summer we should flush that out now and seek to sell him in January if he won’t sign a new deal.

I really like Ohare and we have been great for him but what he does next will determine how many fans feel about his time at the club.

ProfessorbyGrace

No suggestion he’d like to stay, instead agent talk for I’ll be leaving on a free !.

He’s contributed nothing for 12 months and if he intends to walk in the summer we should flush that out now and seek to sell him in January if he won’t sign a new deal.

I really like Ohare and we have been great for him but what he does next will determine how many fans feel about his time at the club.
Yes, reading between the lines, it seems he’s prepared to go on a free. He’ll get himself fit, by his own admission, then enter into talks. Maybe he has had a few offers already, which isn’t a surprise.

Which is a shame, as he’s been a pivotal player for us, over four years (?).

napolimp

Really read between the lines there to interpret that as negatively as possible, didn't you.

SkyBlueSoul

Where is this from ?
I'm guessing from the offal, in particular this bit:

Focusing on getting fit…

“I've haven’t spoken much about anything. Honestly, I said to my agent, I said, Listen, I'm injured and all I want to do is just focus on football, getting back playing, be fit and then when I'm back, we can start talking properly.

edgy

Highly doubt any clubs higher up the league(s) would have put any offers in for him during ACL rehab. They'll be plenty watching him over the next few months to see how he has recovered. We're in a tough position really.

If he's not signed a deal by Xmas, we're probably best to get what cash we can for him in January.

CCFCSteve

I'm guessing from the offal, in particular this bit:

Focusing on getting fit…

“I've haven’t spoken much about anything. Honestly, I said to my agent, I said, Listen, I'm injured and all I want to do is just focus on football, getting back playing, be fit and then when I'm back, we can start talking properly.

Just sounds like he’s focussed on getting fit as you say, rather that than winding down his contract (high risk when coming back from serious injury)

Thought this paragraph was more telling of where his heads at. Probably been a traumatic period for the lad

Asked about his love for the club, he insisted: “Yeah, of course, I love it here but all I am thinking about is getting fit. You wouldn’t understand unless you’ve been out injured. All you want to do is just play football and so when you’re in the gym every day you are not thinking about a contract, you’re just thinking about playing football. And now I am back I just want to focus on playing in front of the fans again.”

Ps have to say again, that telegraph webpage is gash

fernandopartridge

I think he just wants to play football in reality. I'm hardly surprised he wants to keep his options open, he'll be 26 next summer so not sure if, given a better option, he wants another season of Championship football beyond then.

Essexrobbie

It astounds me the lack of loyalty players show to clubs that have supported them through injury. A year out and pulling wages for doing nothing and not a shred of gratitude.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It astounds me the lack of loyalty players show to clubs that have supported them through injury. A year out and pulling wages for doing nothing and not a shred of gratitude.
I mean it goes both ways - Dabo is clearly not right fitness-wise and we jettisoned him. Players will do what’s best for them and their career - O’Hare is potentially 1 more ACL away to dropping down rather than a bigger move

CCFCSteve

I think he just wants to play football in reality. I'm hardly surprised he wants to keep his options open, he'll be 26 next summer so not sure if, given a better option, he wants another season of Championship football beyond then.

Id be offering a new deal with a reasonable release clause if better club comes in. Same as I’d have done with Hamer. Remove risk of a free but give player some freedom if a fair offer comes in

Ccfcisparks

Wasn't O'Hare on his way to Burnley before getting injured anyway. His minds probably been made up for a while.

Balli001

Id be offering a new deal with a reasonable release clause if better club comes in. Same as I’d have done with Hamer. Remove risk of a free but give player some freedom if a fair offer comes in
Why would he sign it though? He can leave for literally nothing in 7 months time.

fernandopartridge

Because it works both ways doesn't it? He'll look at Jodi Jones for example, released without notice.

napolimp

COH is gone in the summer if fit. Simple as that. Be suprised if he signs.

I think he'll sign to be honest, unless he goes in January. I'm assuming that his thinking is, play a few games and show how valuable I am to the team, and negotiate improved contract terms. The longer he doesn't sign, the more precarious and riskier his situation becomes. He's at a greater risk of sustaining another injury in future due to his ACL injury, or complications surrounding the injury. It would be a dangerous game to see out the contract when there's a chance you pick up another long term injury in, say, March. Whilst you sign a multi year deal and at least you know you're secure financially and the clubs going to take care of you.

Kingokings204

I think it’s fair for now. He has been out almost a year. It will be the club as well which people seem to forget. He could sign tomorrow a new 3 year deal and breaks down injured again next month. What then?

Hertsccfc

I totally get that in reality usually there is no loyalty on either side, despite both clubs and players pretending there is. However, I think O'Hare would be taking a big risk not signing a least a shortish contract. I would also be surprised if anyone would try to buy him until and unless he has proved he is as good as before the injuries. Let's not forget he hardly played last season even before the acl.

If the acl goes again before the end of the season and he hasn't signed he would really regret it.

Hertsccfc

Once he's fully fit he's off to Burnley
Even before the injury it was by no means clear he was Premier League quality. Lots of potential of course but let's not pretend he was as good as Hamer or Gyokeres. I say this even though he is one of my favourite players, especially since the top league days. He'd have to improve his final ball and score goals to make the step up.

NorthernWisdom

but let's not pretend he was as good as Hamer or Gyokeres.
Of course Hamer was the one Robins was most prepared to lose out of the three of them, but suitable offers didn't come in / Fulham didn't follow up, so O'Hare became the chosen sale out of necessity rather than choice.

Fulham did come in for Hamer were knocked back and appear to have gone elsewhere , the problem is if Hamer does not attract interest at the right levels , it puts at risk o’hare becoming the player that could go

I think we have had bids this week for all three , it’s always been accepted one will go and Hamer unfortunately is the favoured one and I think he probably needs a fresh start and to get away from the area . The hope is we keep it to one

shmmeee

Get as much as we can in Jan. He was never going to stay once he was already at Burnley in his head. Thanks for all the fish Cal.

More worried about his personality going than his on the pitch talent TBH. Makes some good character signings in Jan even more important.

AOM

More worried about his personality going than his on the pitch talent TBH. Makes some good character signings in Jan even more important.

This is also the reason why I'm reluctant for us to drop McFadzean even in poor form. A lot of the new players seem quite reserved and quiet on the pitch so far, and we still need some characters on the pitch.
Not really seen much of Kitching to judge if he can fill that role

skybluecam

O’Hares market value (in terms of wages) will fluctuate massively as he returns to the team.

I’m sure the contract we have/would have offered him before his return is substantially less than what he’d be worth if he returns to his pre injury form.

He clearly has confidence in his fitness, so it makes sense for him to wait before even talking about it.

Greggs

O’Hares market value (in terms of wages) will fluctuate massively as he returns to the team.

I’m sure the contract we have/would have offered him before his return is substantially less than what he’d be worth if he returns to his pre injury form.

He clearly has confidence in his fitness, so it makes sense for him to wait before even talking about it.
What a load of waffle. Read it 3 times and still don't make sense. We weren't gonna offer him a contract a week after fucking his ACL were we?

Greggs

Some basic English lessons might be in order.
Surely any contract offer to O'Hare would have been higher before he got injured for 10 months? Or do you think the club thought about offering a deal a month after a potentially career ending injury. Fucking Dork.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread