The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (58 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

martcov

Yes, the certainly cocked up there.

'One explanation for the IMF’s hyperbolic warnings about the immediate impact of the Brexit vote is that it thought the expected remain vote would mean they would never have to be justified. Now that it has, the IMF is terrified because it sees the UK referendum as symptomatic of something deeply dysfunctional about the global economy it has helped to shape in the past four decades. Which indeed it is.'

Now they are not going to influence a referendum, so maybe this time their assesment is more realistic. Apropos experts, I see JLR are introducing a three day week for a short time. No doubt nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit. More Brexit bluster, and strategic scaremongering.

Grendel

'One explanation for the IMF’s hyperbolic warnings about the immediate impact of the Brexit vote is that it thought the expected remain vote would mean they would never have to be justified. Now that it has, the IMF is terrified because it sees the UK referendum as symptomatic of something deeply dysfunctional about the global economy it has helped to shape in the past four decades. Which indeed it is.'

Now they are not going to influence a referendum, so maybe this time their assesment is more realistic. Apropos experts, I see JLR are introducing a three day week for a short time. No doubt nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit. More Brexit bluster, and strategic scaremongering.

No its nothing to do with Brexit but let’s be honest you want it to be and you want industry and the uk to fail so you can pledge loyalty to your Fuhrer

You really are an odious vile creature. On thing is for certain - Britain is a lot better place without a cowardly odious apologist like you.

clint van damme

I've got to be honest Mart. I work in the JLR supply chain and I fully expect it to collapse next year if we don't get a deal.
But I can't see how they can blame the current situation on Brexit.
The two diesel saloons they bought out in 2015 have been a disaster and there have been several poor strategic decisions.

martcov

No its nothing to do with Brexit but let’s be honest you want it to be and you want industry and the uk to fail so you can pledge loyalty to your Fuhrer

You really are an odious vile creature. On thing is for certain - Britain is a lot better place without a cowardly odious apologist like you.

I am not an apologist. Your company keep on about Brexit and the damage it could bring. Tell them that they are odious vile creatures and that people like me are believing them. If Brexit is so good, they should be shouting it from the rooftops.

Grendel

I am not an apologist. Your company keep on about Brexit and the damage it could bring. Tell them that they are odious vile creatures and that people like me are believing them. If Brexit is so good, they should be shouting it from the rooftops.

You are all over it. You’ve already admitted you would not Brexit to be a success if it resulted in the destruction of the ghastly euro project.

Still keep it up. The more people I show up your rabid froth at the mouth euro bilge the more people admit we need to leave

martcov

You are all over it. You’ve already admitted you would not Brexit to be a success if it resulted in the destruction of the ghastly euro project.

Still keep it up. The more people I show up your rabid froth at the mouth euro bilge the more people admit we need to leave

Have you shown it Herrn Speth?

martcov

Brexit has nothing to do with the Euro and I certainly haven’t said that I want Brexit to fail to „save“ the Euro. I think Brexit will fail. That is totally different to saying I want it to fail.

SIR ERNIE

IMF chief highlights recession risk of no-deal Brexit

Probably another biased loony frenchy but the IMF has just warned of a no deal brexit. Not that a smooth Brexit is going to be a bed of roses either according to the IMF.

I wondered when they’d wheel out her again to deliver her doom and gloom prophesy. The same one she delivered two years ago which failed to materialise. Who’ll be next? Obama?

Loved the way the snooty old hag lectured the Greeks for not paying their taxes a few years ago, whilst she was taking a fat tax-free salary from the IMF.

martcov

If Britain leaves then Brexit is a success.

If Britain remains then Brexit is a failure.

The act of leaving the largest trading bloc would be a success for Brexit , but whether the benefits of Brexit exceed the negative aspects will be the measure of success of Brexit itself.

martcov

No they didn’t

This is what they say:

Bregret
Overall public opinion has drifted slightly against Brexit. We regularly ask the public whether they think that Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave and the answers now show that slightly more people think it was the wrong decision. The gap is still relatively small (on average this year “wrong” has had a three-point lead over “right”), but it is consistent.

SIR ERNIE

Brexit has nothing to do with the Euro and I certainly haven’t said that I want Brexit to fail to „save“ the Euro. I think Brexit will fail. That is totally different to saying I want it to fail.

You've said you'd prefer Brexit was a disaster for Britain than the EU fall apart.

Grendel

This is what they say:

Bregret
Overall public opinion has drifted slightly against Brexit. We regularly ask the public whether they think that Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave and the answers now show that slightly more people think it was the wrong decision. The gap is still relatively small (on average this year “wrong” has had a three-point lead over “right”), but it is consistent.

What percentage did it actually say had no interest in the subject either way?

Evo1883

I've got to be honest Mart. I work in the JLR supply chain and I fully expect it to collapse next year if we don't get a deal.
But I can't see how they can blame the current situation on Brexit.
The two diesel saloons they bought out in 2015 have been a disaster and there have been several poor strategic decisions.

I worked at jaguar Land Rover too and recently got laid off .
Jaguar are playing a blinder with this Brexit guff and the media are lapping it up .
They started building a factory in Slovakia long before the word Brexit was mentioned , ofcourse cheap labour and the fact workers on 100% in the uk on the 3 shift rotation Pull 620 a week after tax and their counterparts in Slovakia will work for 700 euros a month has absolutely nothing to do with Jaguar land rovers decision to lay staff off and project fear into its workforce , instead they have their excuse lined up for them already in Brexit .
Poor quality has hit JLR harder than Brexit and Slovakia will hit it even harder .

Can’t believe how many people lap up Brexit as the cause of JLRs UK problems.

They are doing what Peugeot and Massey Ferguson did before them

martcov

I worked at jaguar Land Rover too and recently got laid off .
Jaguar are playing a blinder with this Brexit guff and the media are lapping it up .
They started building a factory in Slovakia long before the word Brexit was mentioned , ofcourse cheap labour and the fact workers on 100% in the uk on the 3 shift rotation Pull 620 a week after tax and their counterparts in Slovakia will work for 700 euros a month has absolutely nothing to do with Jaguar land rovers decision to lay staff off and project fear into its workforce , instead they have their excuse lined up for them already in Brexit .
Poor quality has hit JLR harder than Brexit and Slovakia will hit it even harder .

Can’t believe how many people lap up Brexit as the cause of JLRs UK problems.

They are doing what Massey Ferguson and Peugeot didn’t before them

Actually I don’t. I think it will cause future problems. I’ll take your word on what’s happened so far.

Evo1883

Actually I don’t. I think it will cause future problems. I’ll take your word on what’s happened so far.
JLR will lay off thousands in the uk over the next 5 years and it would of happened irrespective of Brexit .

martcov

I much prefer dutchman's statement !

well that’s up to you, but I thought the idea was that we would be better off than now. If we are worse off, more dependent on the whims of Trump or the Chinese for trade deals, and with migrants from ex colonies instead of EU migrants, then I cannot see how you would see Brexit as a success.

martcov

JLR will lay off thousands in the uk over the next 5 years and it would of happened irrespective of Brexit .

I thought we are supposed to be free to do trade deals all over the world, which would more than make up for any shortfall caused by Brexit.

Evo1883

And finally in regards to polls , let’s not forget the polls told us remain would win.
I rarely if ever take much notice of polls these days as you simply don’t know who they are polling .
Media use polls to try and sway opinion , this isn’t even debatable .

They failed with Brexit to sway the public and it’s been NON STOP propoganda since the result

martcov

And finally in regards to polls , let’s not forget the polls told us remain would win.
I rarely if ever take much notice of polls these days as you simply don’t know who they are polling .

They failed with Brexit to sway the public and it’s been NON STOP propoganda since the result

They would have been better off using modern methods of non stop propaganda such as big red buses and social media for spreading lies.

martcov

What do you think YouGov‘s motive is this time for making up statistics?

Evo1883

Don’t recall that. I don’t think the EU will fall apart whether Brexit is a success or not.
I don’t think it will fall apart either
They would have been better off using modern methods of non stop propaganda such as big red buses and social media for spreading lies.

Just stop and be rational about this for a second .
Remain have had almost every media outlet on its side , has pushed anti Brexit rhetoric constantly for 2 years day in day out since the election and the several months leading up to the election , we’ve had the governor of the Bank of England tell us we were to be in recession , celebrities tell us how racist and xenophobic we are immediately after the vote and you actually think what swung the election was A red bus with a picture and slogan on the side lol

Evo1883

What do you think YouGov‘s motive is this time for making up statistics?

I don’t think they are , but we dont know the political ideology of the people being polled .
Like taking a poll seriously on twitter , full of lefties ran by lefties

Grendel

Not as many as think it was the wrong decision.

48% wasn’t it?

Also it still said a minority wanted to reverse the decision - that’s also true isn’t it?

martcov

I don’t think it will fall apart either

Just stop and be rational about this for a second .
Remain have had almost every media outlet on its side , has pushed anti Brexit rhetoric constantly for 2 years day in day out since the election and the several months leading up to the election , we’ve had the governor of the Bank of England tell us we were to be in recession immediately after the vote and you actually think what swung the election was A red bus with a picture and slogan on the side lol

How often and in how many cities was Carney with the public? If you count the majority of the printed media, which is owned by a handful of anti EU non resident billionaires and tax exiles, as on the side of remain, then you are being less than rational. Daily Mail, Telegraph, Sun and Daily Express together the by far most read papers in Britain and with online versions reaching even more... on the side of remain???????? Rofl

Grendel

That’s why I laughed at Mars first poll as evidence - it predicted on the night before the referendum a big remain victory

Grendel

You said the potential 3 day week is due to Brexit

Users who are viewing this thread