The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (14 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Wow.

Astute is right, you’re a perpetual liar aren’t you.

To prove you’re not, show me the post you’re talking about.

The only nautical reference I found from you was the good ship EU going down. It obviously hasn’t, so that prediction has been put off for now.

clint van damme

Wow.

You did once say you would move your business to Ireland if Cornyn became PM

Talking down the country's prospects because it takes a political direction you disagree with is exactly the thing you have been calling Mart out for.

martcov

Am I right to say that an agreed deal at this stage isn't a trade deal but the agreed conditions under which negotiations on a trade deal can start?

Yes, I thought this was a withdrawal agreement.. and now comes trade. Over to Herr Selmayr‘s Team for the workings of any agreement ... you know the one we love to insult and want to have sacked.

Astute

“I am a unionist, I believe in the union of the United Kingdom, all four elements of the United Kingdom. We do not want Northern Ireland going off in a different direction from the rest of the UK.”

except where gay marriage, abortion are concerned. .
I am atheist. I know women that have had abortions. I have friends who are gay. Even have neighbours who are and we get on great.

But does that give me the right to have a go at people's religion and beliefs?

Do you shout out against other religions? Because they are all a load of crap. Do you shout out about women who are not allowed to show any part of their body even though there is nothing stated in any holy book about it? How about female mutilation?

How many people know of others where they are not allowed to drink alcohol but there is a shed at the top of the garden where they go for sneaky drinks? Or maybe you even go out on the piss with them. But try saying something that you don't see as of much importance and there could be trouble. Because they follow everything their religion says.......

The list is endless. But in the UK it is OK to say what you like about Christianity or Catholicism. But just you dare say anything against any other religions.

Astute

Wow.

Backtrack sidestep and bullshit. That is what this thread has become.

We are supposed to want to stay in a union that we k ow is bent. Everything they do wrong is defended even when there is no defence. Or as you can also see totally ignored.

I am not supposed to talk about Selmayr and what has happened since. Not my fault that it shows how corrupt the EU system is or how they pay people to stop any action taking against any wrongdoing.

Or we could look at the other side. With TPP I said it is good that other countries are openly saying that they want trade agreements with us. This somehow jumps to I am championing TPP and want us to join it. It jumps to me saying that it would be better than being in the EU. I constantly ask for the evidence. It never comes because I have never said anything of the sort. But it just happens to have become a true fact because they have said it so many times.

And because I am able to look at both good and bad of both sides of any debate I am now extremely anti EU and want a hard Brexit. And all because I won't join in with the 100% praising of the EU and bashing the UK at every slight opportunity.

I maybe understand why Mart is like it. He has lived in Germany most of his life.

I maybe understand why SB is like it. His partner is from an EU country and he says he is moving there soon.

But then you have Tony. UKIP voter. He denied ever voting UKIP until Grendel brought up an old thread where he said about being a UKIP voter. Then says it was a protest vote. No normal person would even contemplate voting for what is against everything that they believe in as a protest. But not good old Tony.

I would love to join in on a proper debate on the subject. But this isn't a debate. One side is 100% pro EU and they can't do anything wrong. Anyone else has things constantly made up against them. So you end up trying to correct them. But they still come out with the same lies even though they never back up their allegations.

So am leaving them to pat each other's backs from now. Let them praise the EU as much as they like and bring down the UK as much as they like. But will keep an eye on the thread as it is frequently funny on the depths they go to saying such things.

skybluetony176

I am atheist. I know women that have had abortions. I have friends who are gay. Even have neighbours who are and we get on great.

Do you shout out against other religions? Because they are all a load of crap. Do you shout out about women who are not allowed to show any part of their body even though there is nothing stated in any holy book about it? How about female mutilation?

How many people know of others where they are not allowed to drink alcohol but there is a shed at the top of the garden where they go for sneaky drinks? Or maybe you even go out on the piss with them. But try saying something that you don't see as of much importance and there could be trouble. Because they follow everything their religion says.......

The list is endless. But in the UK it is OK to say what you like about Christianity or Catholicism. But just you dare say anything against any other religions.

And once again Astute rather unastutely misses the point. The point being made isn’t about religion and sexuality, the point being made is about the hypocrisy and duality of the person who made the statement. The OP has even highlighted it in bold for you and you still missed it.

skybluetony176

9FBE6E67-539C-48D9-AA69-9380096076F7.gif

We are supposed to want to stay in a union that we k ow is bent. Everything they do wrong is defended even when there is no defence. Or as you can also see totally ignored.

I am not supposed to talk about Selmayr and what has happened since. Not my fault that it shows how corrupt the EU system is or how they pay people to stop any action taking against any wrongdoing.

Or we could look at the other side. With TPP I said it is good that other countries are openly saying that they want trade agreements with us. This somehow jumps to I am championing TPP and want us to join it. It jumps to me saying that it would be better than being in the EU. I constantly ask for the evidence. It never comes because I have never said anything of the sort. But it just happens to have become a true fact because they have said it so many times.

And because I am able to look at both good and bad of both sides of any debate I am now extremely anti EU and want a hard Brexit. And all because I won't join in with the 100% praising of the EU and bashing the UK at every slight opportunity.

I maybe understand why Mart is like it. He has lived in Germany most of his life.

I maybe understand why SB is like it. His partner is from an EU country and he says he is moving there soon.

But then you have Tony. UKIP voter. He denied ever voting UKIP until Grendel brought up an old thread where he said about being a UKIP voter. Then says it was a protest vote. No normal person would even contemplate voting for what is against everything that they believe in as a protest. But not good old Tony.

I would love to join in on a proper debate on the subject. But this isn't a debate. One side is 100% pro EU and they can't do anything wrong. Anyone else has things constantly made up against them. So you end up trying to correct them. But they still come out with the same lies even though they never back up their allegations.

So am leaving them to pat each other's backs from now. Let them praise the EU as much as they like and bring down the UK as much as they like. But will keep an eye on the thread as it is frequently funny on the depths they go to saying such things.

clint van damme

point missed again, as usual. The DUP is a political party which insists it doesn't want any divergence Greta Britain, but actually allows it to happen when it suits. My post is nothing to do with whether I agree with their beliefs or not, it's to do with their hypocrisy.

skybluetony176

point missed again, as usual. The DUP is a political party which insists it doesn't want any divergence Greta Britain, but actually allows it to happen when it suits. My post is nothing to do with whether I agree with their beliefs or not, it's to do with their hypocrisy.

It doesn’t stop at same sex marriage and abortion either. Divorce laws are different, Sunday opening times are different etc etc. The irony is that until recently Northern Irish law had more in common with Irish law than British law. Irish law now has more in common with British law than Northern Ireland does. Northern Ireland is being left behind the rest of the world by the hypocrisy of Foster and the DUP.

Astute

And once again Astute rather unastutely misses the point. The point being made isn’t about religion and sexuality, the point being made is about the hypocrisy and duality of the person who made the statement. The OP has even highlighted it in bold for you and you still missed it.
Try again.

The hypocrisy is being able to say what you want about major faults with Christianity or Catholicism. But try it with any other religions. You will be racist or worse. You risk causing riots or getting death threats. You are also at risk of losing your job.

But let's not look at it like that because someone who is on the side of May believes in Catholic views.

How about putting it another way?

Refuse to bake a cake with the word gay on it and you end up in court. Get caught having your daughter mutilated the odds are nothing will happen. Because nothing has ever happened in the UK about it before although it is illegal.

Nearly half a million pounds wasted

'Gay cake' bakery wins court appeal

Then you have female mutilation

One female genital mutilation case reported every hour in the UK

But somehow I have still missed the point......

skybluetony176

Try again.

The hypocrisy is being able to say what you want about major faults with Christianity or Catholicism. But try it with any other religions. You will be racist or worse. You risk causing riots or getting death threats. You are also at risk of losing your job.

But let's not look at it like that because someone who is on the side of May believes in Catholic views.

How about putting it another way?

Refuse to bake a cake with the word gay on it and you end up in court. Get caught having your daughter mutilated the odds are nothing will happen. Because nothing has ever happened in the UK about it before although it is illegal.

Nearly half a million pounds wasted

'Gay cake' bakery wins court appeal

Then you have female mutilation

One female genital mutilation case reported every hour in the UK

But somehow I have still missed the point......

The thread is about brexit. The article in the link is about brexit. The quote from the link is about brexit. The highlighted part of the quote is about brexit. The point is the hypocrisy and duality of the person in the quote when it comes to brexit. Is your username supposed to be ironic? Yes, somehow you’ve missed the point.

Astute

It is all to do with following their religious beliefs.

Should we allow freedom of speech or deny it for certain beliefs or certain people?

I don't agree with her at all. But does that make me right? Dies that mean she shouldn't say what she believes?

Come on. You rant about our human rights being removed once we leave the EU. You rant about our freedom of speech being removed. But you have a go at someone using their freedom of speech.

Should it be allowed or not?

Astute

It doesn’t stop at same sex marriage and abortion either. Divorce laws are different, Sunday opening times are different etc etc. The irony is that until recently Northern Irish law had more in common with Irish law than British law. Irish law now has more in common with British law than Northern Ireland does. Northern Ireland is being left behind the rest of the world by the hypocrisy of Foster and the DUP.
The world is full of hypocrisy.

And it is hypocritical to only have a go at certain sections but not others.

Astute

The thread is about brexit. The article in the link is about brexit. The quote from the link is about brexit. The highlighted part of the quote is about brexit. The point is the hypocrisy and duality of the person in the quote when it comes to brexit. Is your username supposed to be ironic? Yes, somehow you’ve missed the point.
The thread is about defending the EU and attacking the UK.

Ironic?

Freedom of speech has come up in the thread several times before. We are supposed to be losing it when we leave the EU. But you attack freedom of speech.

clint van damme

It is all to do with following their religious beliefs.

Should we allow freedom of speech or deny it for certain beliefs or certain people?

I don't agree with her at all. But does that make me right? Dies that mean she shouldn't say what she believes?

Come on. You rant about our human rights being removed once we leave the EU. You rant about our freedom of speech being removed. But you have a go at someone using their freedom of speech.

Should it be allowed or not?

They say they want Northern Ireland to be the same as the Great Britain. If they support laws that are different from those in Britain then they only want Northern Ireland to be the same
when it suits.
It's not a freedom of speech issue or a religious issue, it's an hypocrisy issue.

If the DUP demanded people in Northern Ireland drove on the right hand side of the road it would be same principle, it's saying you want to be the same as the mainland but not being the same when it suits them.

skybluetony176

The thread is about defending the EU and attacking the UK.

Ironic?

Freedom of speech has come up in the thread several times before. We are supposed to be losing it when we leave the EU. But you attack freedom of speech.

If you really believe that is what the thread is about then you have still missed the point.

Very ironic.

And then you miss the point again. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. She is allowed to have any views she wants. Just don’t go spouting on about how Northern Ireland must be on an equal footing with the rest of the U.K. when clearly that isn’t actually what she wants. That’s hypocrisy. That’s duality. That’s the point that you’re spectacularly missing.

martcov

The world is full of hypocrisy.

And it is hypocritical to only have a go at certain sections but not others.

Quite. Which is why only have a go at Selmayr‘s appointment ( and still haven’t answered my question properly with a link or reference) and not e.g. at the disgraced Liam Fox‘s reappointment as minister. Seeing as you can see both sides and don’t dodge questions, a bit hypocritical.

Sick Boy

Yet another flounce.

I see you're critical of those remain voters yet make no mention of the entrenched positions of leavers on this thread.

I wonder why.

Pathetic.

Astute

If you really believe that is what the thread is about then you have still missed the point.

Very ironic.

And then you miss the point again. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. She is allowed to have any views she wants. Just don’t go spouting on about how Northern Ireland must be on an equal footing with the rest of the U.K. when clearly that isn’t actually what she wants. That’s hypocrisy. That’s duality. That’s the point that you’re spectacularly missing.
Not missing anything. But as usual you make out as though I have.

You say freedom of speech should be protected. It shouldn't be attacked in any way. It shouldn't be watered down. And you make out that when we leave the EU it will be removed.

Then someone uses their freedom of speech. You attack what they say.

I am not saying you are wrong. I agree with what you say. Is that a first?

Yet I also agree with freedom of speech. People have the right to say what they want under most circumstances. This is the point you either don't get or pretend not to get.

Astute

Quite. Which is why only have a go at Selmayr‘s appointment ( and still haven’t answered my question properly with a link or reference) and not e.g. at the disgraced Liam Fox‘s reappointment as minister. Seeing as you can see both sides and don’t dodge questions, a bit hypocritical.
I have said everything wrong should be looked into and if anything is wrong actions should be taken. That is actions and not just words. And that is everywhere and not just where you choose it to happen.

I have never tried defending anyone or any organisations. This includes political parties. I am a lifelong Labour voter. This doesn't mean that I should defend them in any way. And I don't. Never will either.

The reason I keep mentioning Selmayr is because of how much he and the EU get defended on here. Like it wasn't illegal so it is OK for him to stay. It was a sham but it is OK for him to stay. Rules and regulations were broke to put him in place but he should keep the position he shouldn't have got.

But if someone in the UK has done anything wrong the book should be thrown at them.

Impartial?

SkyblueBazza

They say they want Northern Ireland to be the same as the Great Britain. If they support laws that are different from those in Britain then they only want Northern Ireland to be the same
when it suits.
It's not a freedom of speech issue or a religious issue, it's an hypocrisy issue.

If the DUP demanded people in Northern Ireland drove on the right hand side of the road it would be same principle, it's saying you want to be the same as the mainland but not being the same when it suits them.
I think there is a distinction between legislation via their devolved powers...& legislation that overrides devolved powers.
Like they cannot declare war on another nation as they have no power to instruct the armed forces.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I think there is a distinction between legislation via their devolved powers...& legislation that overrides devolved powers.
Like they cannot declare war on another nation as they have no power to instruct the armed forces.

there is, but isn't it funny how they can ignore legislation put in place on the mainland when it suits.

Astute

Yet another flounce.

I see you're critical of those remain voters yet make no mention of the entrenched positions of leavers on this thread.

I wonder why.

Pathetic.
Name the bullshit that any of the leave voters come out with lots of time every day.

The leave voters on here are reduced to correcting constantly those who want to remain in the EU whatever happens. Those who defend the EU whatever it does. They don't want anything good about leaving however slight it is being discussed.

Pathetic?

This was supposed to be a debate on the good and bad of leaving. But only the bad is allowed to be spoken about.

Yes we know there is more bad than good. But the bad of anything to do with the EU isn't allowed to be discussed either.

Debate?

I would get more of a debate out of my dogs.

Sick Boy

Essentially though their religious beliefs dictate policy a lot more than it should do and helps keeps NI in the dark ages.

Sick Boy

Name the bullshit that any of the leave voters come out with lots of time every day.

The leave voters on here are reduced to correcting constantly those who want to remain in the EU whatever happens. Those who defend the EU whatever it does. They don't want anything good about leaving however slight it is being discussed.

Pathetic?

This was supposed to be a debate on the good and bad of leaving. But only the bad is allowed to be spoken about.

Yes we know there is more bad than good. But the bad of anything to do with the EU isn't allowed to be discussed either.

Debate?

I would get more of a debate out of my dogs.

Hahaha that post puts to bed any notion that you are neutral in all of this.

Yourself, Grendel and Sir E have consistently post pro-Brexit viewpoints, which have been challenged and debated. To claim that only pro-EU posts are allowed is a complete fabrication.

In my own personal opinion you actually stifle any prospect of a meaningful debate on here.

Astute

Essentially though their religious beliefs dictate policy a lot more than it should do and helps keeps NI in the dark ages.
I agree 100%.

The worse of it is even those who don't share the same religious beliefs are ruled by them. People suffer because if them.

The world would be a much better place without religion. Most wars are caused by them. So called peace loving religions murder people because of them.

And many people think I am the antichrist for not being religious in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread