TICKETS (3 Viewers)

SBT

I’d like a proper answer as to why the Police don’t restrain/chase pitch invaders.

The WMP Cov twitter account said they leave it to the stewards (without explanation why).
Yet the display on the scoreboard says that entering the pitch is a criminal offence.
So we have the Police witnessing a criminal offence whilst doing nothing to stop it.
We don’t want (nor can we afford) the police to be enforcing every possible crime taking place in the stadium. Coppers everywhere isn’t going to be the answer.

bigfatronssba

We don’t want (nor can we afford) the police to be enforcing every possible crime taking place in the stadium. Coppers everywhere isn’t going to be the answer.

Entering the field of play is a serious offence we’re told.

If they aren’t going to do something to stop that, what are they there for?

chiefdave

I’d like a proper answer as to why the Police don’t restrain/chase pitch invaders.

The WMP Cov twitter account said they leave it to the stewards (without explanation why).
Yet the display on the scoreboard says that entering the pitch is a criminal offence.
So we have the Police witnessing a criminal offence whilst doing nothing to stop it.
The one the other week was ridiculous. The stewards were clearly struggling to deal with him and there was god knows how many police stood around watching doing nothing to help

pusbccfc

By criminal offence, they are impling that you'll be off to court, which has happened to two of them.

The strange one is when there has been trouble and the police haven't got involved, like the Derby game

bigfatronssba

The one the other week was ridiculous. The stewards were clearly struggling to deal with him and there was god knows how many police stood around watching doing nothing to help

Then acted like the tough guys once the stewards (specifically that woman) did all the hard work

bigfatronssba

By criminal offence, they are impling that you'll be off to court, which has happened to two of them.

The strange one is when there has been trouble and the police haven't got involved, like the Derby game

Is that what they’re saying?
I’m no expert but I always believed there was criminal and civil offences.
If it’s criminal the police should surely be involving themselves?

SBT

Stealing is also a serious offence, but you don’t see officers stationed by the pic ‘n mix at the cinema ready to swoop in case anyone takes an extra strawberry lace.

The police are there to support the stewards if needed - ideally they wouldn’t have much of a presence at all. I agree the stewards are generally pretty crap (you get what you pay for) but having police on standby to spring into action for every problem in the stadium isn’t desirable or feasible.

bigfatronssba

Stealing is also a serious offence, but you don’t see officers stationed by the pic ‘n mix at the cinema ready to swoop in case anyone takes an extra strawberry lace.

The police are there to support the stewards if needed - ideally they wouldn’t have much of a presence at all. I agree the stewards are generally pretty crap (you get what you pay for) but having police on standby to spring into action for every problem in the stadium isn’t desirable or feasible.

But they didn’t support the stewards. They were clearly struggling to get the knob off the pitch and the police just stood watching

SBT

But they didn’t support the stewards. They were clearly struggling to get the knob off the pitch and the police just stood watching
You honestly think the police running onto the pitch to chase down and arrest pitch invaders is going to help the situation?

bigfatronssba

You honestly think the police running onto the pitch to chase down and arrest pitch invaders is going to help the situation?

In that specific situation yes, absolutely.

It wasn’t as though it was some sort of protest where the invader was trying to make a point that much of the crowd would agree with.
It was a dickhead invading the pitch at a crucial moment who had no reason to do so other than to give himself a sense of importance in his pathetic life.
People cheered when he got hauled off

Hertsccfc

Absolutely. And why are we paying for the police to be there otherwise? It's outrageous that they stand around and leave it to stewards who are paid a fraction of what they are paid.

SBT

Absolutely. And why are we paying for the police to be there otherwise? It's outrageous that they stand around and leave it to stewards who are paid a fraction of what they are paid.
Police aren’t magically better at catching idiots who run on the pitch - they do cost a lot more though. No other big event I’ve seen relies on police to do this, no matter the sport or the country.

As I’ve said, really we want the police to have less of a presence at our games, not more of one.

bigfatronssba

Police aren’t magically better at catching idiots who run on the pitch - they do cost a lot more though. No other big event I’ve seen relies on police to do this, no matter the sport or the country.

As I’ve said, really we want the police to have less of a presence at our games, not more of one.

They are supposed to be better trained at restraining people than stewards on minimum wage

Hertsccfc

They will still have presence regardless. So if we have to pay for them they should at least do something to justify being there.

Old Warwickshire lad

Throwing objects at fans,shouting obscenities and making threats of violence is a public order offence.
Police should arrest them and process them in holding cells .
In court Monday morning, 10 year ban from club.
Soon sort the problem, just needs the police to do their job.

M&B Stand

Throwing objects at fans,shouting obscenities and making threats of violence is a public order offence.
This. 👆🏼
Sums up society in general these days.
Was reading the other day about some chavs on a flight pissed up fighting, they were discussing the banning drinking on flights because of incidents like that, punish everyone instead of banning the perpetrators from ever flying again.

theferret

10 year ban for shouting obscenities? Have a word.

*Throwing missiles is obviously different.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
If by some chance you don’t have any tickets, KA Kits Academy (CJ Joiner) is offering a lucky winner to 2 tickets if you make a donation of £5 minimum to the ST fund , the draw is later tonight and it’s on twitter as well.

chiefdave

Don't think anyone is suggesting over the top policing and having them wade in if you smuggle in a bottle top. But at the moment we are being told we can't open parts of the ground because the amount of trouble at our games is greater than elsewhere in the country. We're also being charged for a significant police presence every game for the same reason.

Yet we can all see whenever there is an issue the police stand around and do nothing. They can't have it both ways, if there's supposedly a high level of trouble it is literally their job to enforce the law an take appropriate action, if they're not going to do that why are we paying them and allowing them to close parts of the ground?

pusbccfc

PXL_20230514_095647348.jpg

Only just noticed they have shutters in Singers Corner. Definitely potential for this to the away end. The turnstiles are down by the shop too so could be easily managed down there.

theferret

The attendance was shocking today. Some people couldn’t get a ticket for trying but there was loads of empty seats all over the ground. Only 28k

It's a joke. The segregated seats is one thing, but there were clearly seats that had not been sold, looked really sparse around block 25. Questions need asking. Boro fans outside the ground laughing amongst themselves about how tinpot we are for not filling the stadium. No excuses for not selling all available seats.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's a joke. The segregated seats is one thing, but there were clearly seats that had not been sold, looked really sparse around block 25. Questions need asking. Boro fans outside the ground laughing amongst themselves about how tinpot we are for not filling the stadium. No excuses for not selling all available seats.

Like I said, the over zealous safety team are to thank for that. Making it look like we can’t sell out a game of this magnitude

Users who are viewing this thread