Welcome Jonson Clarke-Harris (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Genuine question: why can’t you sack footballers?

Surely their contract states an expected level of work like anyone else’s. If I just went to my boss “I hate it here and I refuse to contribute but I’m sticking around for another year or two and expect to get paid” he’d laugh me off site.

Is it a legal thing or do the PFA get involved or what? Is it to stop players quitting halfway through their contract? What?
If you continued to stick to the terms of your contract your biss couldn't touch you

Grendel

Genuine question: why can’t you sack footballers?

Surely their contract states an expected level of work like anyone else’s. If I just went to my boss “I hate it here and I refuse to contribute but I’m sticking around for another year or two and expect to get paid” he’d laugh me off site.

Is it a legal thing or do the PFA get involved or what? Is it to stop players quitting halfway through their contract? What?

It’s too subjective. Providing they turn up for training and don’t breach the contract that’s it.

To be honest even in big companies it happens. I know someone who deliberately underperformed knowing he’d be paid off - he eventually settled on a 12 month salary upfront payment.

stevefloyd

I think it's a bit harsh on the likes of Beavon to dismiss his contribution, he is a trier, just limited. He hasn't professed to be Harry Kane and I would suspect he is a mentor to the other players.
Yes Reid is a different proposition but he is entitled to stay whilst under contract and not many of us wouldn't do the same unless there was a better offer on the table.
JCH is not someone I am aware of and my expectations are fairly low but then they were with Doyle returning and I have to say he has shown that attitude just as important as talent. I hope JCH used the likes of Doyle as a mentor and Callum Wilson as a benchmark of what can be achieved and See the likes of Bayliss flourish and that he will want some of that!
He isn't being played though so is wasting valuable wages

NortonSkyBlue

He isn't being played though so is wasting valuable wages
I get that but the man was asked to come here, probably has a family and a very short career span and he signed a contract that he is at least honoring.
I know it's unfortunate it hasn't worked out as both parties would have envisaged but that's the risk.

Nick

Administrator
He seems a bit more level headed

Coventry City returning striker Jonson Clarke-Harris: ‘It feels like I’m home, and there’s no way these players should be in League Two’

“Promotion is the only thing that’s going to be deposited.”

giphy.gif

Otis

Do we know how fit he is? Has he been getting much game time lately, either first team, from the bench or U23's?

rob9872

He's out of his tree
He's out of his tree-ee
Johnson Clarke-Harris
Buzzin out of his tree

Nick

Administrator
How does that work though, surely we need to speak to Rotherham else it could be classed as tapping him up? Unless we had agreed it with them first.

Liquid Gold

How does that work though, surely we need to speak to Rotherham else it could be classed as tapping him up? Unless we had agreed it with them first.
Once Rotherham agreed he could leave his agent probably notified all the clubs and then the ones with an interest went back to the agent/JCH

ajsccfc

He looks mean, but disciplinary issues he may have had as an 18-year old don't worry me. People mature and become more refined and wise, look at Joey Barton, he'd only select the finest hand-rolled Cuban cigar to stub into someone's eye these days.

SkyBlueCRJ

He looks mean, but disciplinary issues he may have had as an 18-year old don't worry me. People mature and become more refined and wise, look at Joey Barton, he'd only select the finest hand-rolled Cuban cigar to stub into someone's eye these days.

Exactly! Look at Nile Ranger. He was a right thug in his early days and now at the fine age of 26 he's merely defrauding old woman of thousands of pounds. People can change!!!!!!

Manchester_sky_blue

People make mistakes, people make bad choices, it’s whether you learn from them or not that really counts.

I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Quite apart from anything else we have no concrete proof of what these disciplinary issues that got him released were. It may have been something serious, it may have been that he just a cocky little shit and Andy Thorn wasn’t a fan.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly! Look at Nile Ranger. He was a right thug in his early days and now at the fine age of 26 he's merely defrauding old woman of thousands of pounds. People can change!!!!!!

Has JCH been convicted of anything or was just a bit of a knobhead?

rupert_bear

What disciplinary issues ?

Users who are viewing this thread